• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Shame it isn't a good game. If it were then it could have been an interesting discussion. I likely would have played it. The theme doesn't do much for me, not does it really bother me.

Hatred looks so rad, gotta pick it up asap, early contender for GOTY for sure.

EDIT: In the Magika 2 QL is Dan's gamename really ExileOnMassSt? That sounds like the name of the worst emo post hardcore grindcore industrial screamo metal band I've ever heard of.

Like, no one actually expected Hatred to be good, right? I think that's why a lot of people dismissed the controversy early on. Its a dual stick shooter made by a small team in Poland, it was never going to be good. Its a game that could have (should have) been made, released with zero fanfare, and died as quickly as it came out. Instead, people needed too get their articles and hiitpieces in, and instead the game sold way more than it ever deserved to and became a thing.

Teddified

You guys know any good PC games good for multiplayer 2-3 people? My nephews are coming over age 12 - 6, and am just curious if there are any good games I could play with them.

TraBuch

Banned
Like, no one actually expected Hatred to be good, right? I think that's why a lot of people dismissed the controversy early on. Its a dual stick shooter made by a small team in Poland, it was never going to be good. Its a game that could have (should have) been made, released with zero fanfare, and died as quickly as it came out. Instead, people needed too get their articles and hiitpieces in, and instead the game sold way more than it ever deserved to and became a thing.

They went to the Eminem school of publicity, minus the being good at what they do thing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: In the Magika 2 QL is Dan's gamename really ExileOnMassSt? That sounds like the name of the worst emo post hardcore grindcore industrial screamo metal band I've ever heard of.
Also his yt channel name. A play on words about that Rolling Stones album, I guess.

Zaph

You guys know any good PC games good for multiplayer 2-3 people? My nephews are coming over age 12 - 6, and am just curious if there are any good games I could play with them.

My nephew loves playing the Lego games with me - especially the Lego Movie one.

Couple people recommending the Rayman games, but IMO they're quite challenging for younger kids. He got quite frustrated with it quickly, but he's only 5, so YMMV.

Lijik

My nephew loves playing the Lego games with me - especially the Lego Movie one.

Couple people recommending the Rayman games, but IMO they're quite challenging for younger kids. He got quite frustrated with it quickly, but he's only 5, so YMMV.

Origins or Legends because Legends is generally deemed easier, and is a lot more forgiving in its checkpoints
I think that one would be a better pick for younger kids than Origins

Yeah, you guys need to watch the ending of Hatred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9m7EKBof6g

My favourite part about that is that the monitors in the power plant are just displaying shots of Unreal 4's Blueprint editor.

unreal-engine-4-blueprint-editor.jpg

Brashnir

I gave Origins to my nephew and niece when they were 4 and 6. They 100%ed it before Legends came out.

boy, watching Brad get impatient with the Dragon God in DeS is kind of testing my sanity

dude, you just died 5 times in a row because "I thought I could make it"

I will give Hatred credit: I haven't laughed that hard at videogame dialogue in a long, long time. At one point he's comically learning around a corner and shaking his fist at a political rally with a flamethrower strapped to his back. There's a weird sort of glee and I kind of enjoy being backed into a corner with SWAT rolling in and having to fight them off, then blowing a hole in the wall and running to the next objective. It's not a completely mindless game.

well Max Payne 3 did sell 4 million copies

Max Payne 3 totally kicks ass though. 2012 GOTY.

Hatred's protagionist is so pathetic I almost think he was intentionally designed as a comedic character to laugh at, not with.

OF COURSE THE CODE TO OVERLOAD THE REACTORS IS 666. OF COURSE.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Get RetroArch and dump your import copies of Windjammers and Tetris Battle Gaiden. They are always hits.

Octodad is a ton of fun as well.

Hatred's protagionist is so pathetic I almost think he was intentionally designed as a comedic character to laugh at, not with.

Well I mean, during the Cold War the code to launch US nukes was 00000000. So....fact is stranger than fiction sometimes.

danm999

Fuck...really?

Man, whoever marketed that shit really had their finger on the pulse of all that garbage going on last year and really got a mediocre piece of shit a lot further along than it had any right to do.

I'm surprised the Carmageddon people didn't go the same route now that I think about it actually.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I would like to see some sort of Breaking Brad teamup with Dan to play Magicka 2 to full platinum trophy or something like that. Those two guys doin' co-op is alright. Made me excited to check out Magicka 2 soon.

santeesioux

Man, the Vita TV being 40 bucks is tempting me again, and Patrick hyping up the Danganronpa games has me interested, but still, those memory card prices, and also I just don't see how much I would actually use it after playing a few games.

Fireblend

Banned
lol @ Hatred's ending. That last line... my god.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
I don't know if I should find the fact that the whole thing is played straight and not in a parodic/self-aware way incredibly hilarious or depressing.

Pointing out that the Hatred devs played into the controversy in order to get more interest for their mediocre game doesn't excuse the game sites that continue to give it coverage. There's not much else to look at this week, sure, but just because a thing is there doesn't mean that you need to cover it. It's on the level of a YouTube channel recording videos for whatever happens to have a buzz at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom