• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I still haven't listened to any Charisma.com past that second album. I should get around to that.

I loved Ai Ai Syndrome, but DIStopping only had, like, half a setlist worth of great songs and only two-three 'vicious' songs like Ai Ai Syndrome had

Pointing out that the Hatred devs played into the controversy in order to get more interest for their mediocre game doesn't excuse the game sites that continue to give it coverage. There's not much else to look at this week, sure, but just because a thing is there doesn't mean that you need to cover it. It's on the level of a YouTube channel recording videos for whatever happens to have a buzz at the moment.
Jeff pretty much said in the Quick Look that they were displaying it to show how bad it was, lacking in any redeeming features. It's like a PSA: Let go of your Hatred.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Did they pick the name charisma.com because it automatically generates a link in a forum post? Kind of genius actually.

Jintor

i saw an interview where they actually lamented choosing that name because it fucked up their SEO (not in those words but that was the effect)

LiK

the tech used for Hatred seems good. i like the look of the game too. too bad it's wasted on a shit premise of being a mass murderer.

TraBuch

Banned
Pointing out that the Hatred devs played into the controversy in order to get more interest for their mediocre game doesn't excuse the game sites that continue to give it coverage. There's not much else to look at this week, sure, but just because a thing is there doesn't mean that you need to cover it. It's on the level of a YouTube channel recording videos for whatever happens to have a buzz at the moment.

Big sites not covering the game kinda helps out the devs. If they didn't cover it, there're people that would think "Holy shit, this game is so hardcore that sites won't even show it! Gotta check this out", whereas if they show it, some of those same people would say "Huh..The fuck was all the controversy about? This kinda looks like shit."

BearPawB

Banned
the tech used for Hatred seems good. i like the look of the game too. too bad it's wasted on a shit premise of being a mass murderer.

I agree.
I think the game actually has a cool look to it for being a budget game.
The destructibility seemed cool

But then they just made it postal without the fun.

I feel like I didn't get enough Splatoon coverage on the site. There aren't a lot of games these days that I'm super interested in but can't play, so enjoy them vicariously through Giant Bomb.

I think I like Hatred more than I hate it. At least I think, unintentionally or not, it's message is more relevant than some meandering nonsense like Sunset - games writers got paid to write outrage pieces which advertised it to the base of gamers who have grown frustrated with the modern state of games criticism, creating sales for the developers, Steam got their cut as well, and at the end the only people that got burned where idiots dumb enough to buy the game, and indie developers innovating in the medium that would have actually benefitted from the coverage.

The protagonist is a hilarious dipshit to laugh at and there's a bit of fun to be had running around the map from police/SWAT/army and using the close quarters to back yourself into a tiny room and making a last stand as waves come flooding in, tearing the structures apart in the firefights. It's a game that I think with a better focus and different themes would have been pretty well received, but good on them for showing what a disingenuous shitshow the media's relationship with critics is in right now.

you should work on the "can't", it'll be worth it

I knooow. I was holding out until Zelda, but now it seems ages away and I might get a Wii U sooner.

Guys the Witcher 3 looks pretty good. Should I get it?
Been playing it and loving it. The side quests are better than most open world games' story quests. It really made me realize just how cookie cutter Assassin's Creed games are.

LiK

I knooow. I was holding out until Zelda, but now it seems ages away and I might get a Wii U sooner.

Been playing it and loving it. The side quests are better than most open world games' story quests. It really made me realize just how cookie cutter Assassin's Creed games are.

every quest is unique or has its own feel. even the minor ones with the ! are sometimes really cool and short. it really feels like they put a lot of love and care into the quests. all other games are pretty shit compared to it.

one of the ! quests is actually recurring and made me laugh.

Y E S
E
S

No.

I mean yes.

That's a resounding yes from the sounds of it. PS4 version or PC version(Which my PC would struggle running?)?

Yeah, it definitely seems pretty damn good. I watched someone do the 3
Crone quest and it seemed pretty interesting. I wonder what the choice of letting the tree spirit out would lead to?

My interest is definitely piqued.

LiK

That's a resounding yes from the sounds of it. PS4 version or PC version(Which my PC would struggle running?)?

Yeah, it definitely seems pretty damn good. I watched someone do the 3
Crone quest and it seemed pretty interesting. I wonder what the choice of letting the tree spirit out would lead to?

My interest is definitely piqued.

If your PC can't handle it, PS4 is fine. That's what I'm playing on.

Wunder

Guys the Witcher 3 looks pretty good. Should I get it?

y e s

With the Steam Refund program I would recommend downloading it and just giving it a whirl. I was in your position except I didn't have the refund program so I went for PS4. I was hesitant but it was my only real option and I asked people in this thread and sure enough there are definitely some hitches in the PS4 version, unfortunately. It is mainly in the cutscenes but there is slowdown in big fights so just keep that in mind. Other than that though it's been quite smooth aside from a bug at the start where it wouldn't load past the intro, but that was an easy fix.

y e s

With the Steam Refund program I would recommend downloading it and just giving it a whirl. I was in your position except I didn't have the refund program so I went for PS4. I was hesitant but it was my only real option and I asked people in this thread and sure enough there are definitely some hitches in the PS4 version, unfortunately. It is mainly in the cutscenes but there is slowdown in big fights so just keep that in mind. Other than that though it's been quite smooth aside from a bug at the start where it wouldn't load past the intro, but that was an easy fix.

Might go for the PC version then. Hrm.

If your PC can't handle it, PS4 is fine. That's what I'm playing on.

I wonder, is there like a client to see if your computer can handle a game for W3?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So I'm watching E3 2013 the Longest day, and they do uh, round ups for the conferences, is there separate round up videos for 2013?
I believe so. My longest day is just E3 from Drew's perspective so it covers the production of those separate round up videos.

daydream

Banned
i love my match-threes with lots of numbers going up so imagine my surprise when 10000000 did nothing for me when i played it

anyway, everyone should listen to the latest danswers. still going strong as best premium podcast!

demidar

i love my match-threes with lots of numbers going up so imagine my surprise when 10000000 did nothing for me when i played it

anyway, everyone should listen to the latest danswers. still going strong as best premium podcast!

Sounds like you'd be sucked in by Puzzles and Dragons.

Xater

y e s

I don't know about the Steam Refund thing. I bought a game which was advertised as a Mac title when I bought it and it doesn't have a Mac version. So I have zero playtime on it. It has now been 3 days? (Not sure when the refund program was introduced) anyway, I am still waiting for a response. So far it seems as shit as the usual Steam support.

http://gb-stats.wambo.at/

I made a thing that shows some (2, for now) graphs about Giant Bomb videos. Open for suggestions about what to do next. Right now I'm working on something that displays the number of quick looks each member has been involved in, but that'll be pretty inaccurate because the data for who is in a video is not in the GB database, so it's not in the API either. I can only try to parse the deck text for the video, which will lead to things like "Jeff Bezos" counting as Jeff and so on.

Myggen

I made a thing that shows some (2, for now) graphs about Giant Bomb videos. Open for suggestions about what to do next. Right now I'm working on something that displays the number of quick looks each member has been involved in, but that'll be pretty inaccurate because the data for who is in a video is not in the GB database, so it's not in the API either. I can only try to parse the deck text for the video, which will lead to things like "Jeff Bezos" counting as Jeff and so on.

That's really cool!

neshcom

Banned

Maybe you could hook into whatever database is used for the site that lets you select specific GB hosts and pull up videos? Dunno who runs it, though...

Will M

Doesn't qlcrew.com tell you exactly who is in each video (QL and live shows)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom