• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorbike's real stupid, you should buy it if you like dumb shit. There you go, there's my recommendation. If you like fuckin' terrible games that you can play co-operatively and have it be a - a fuckin' horrible time...a great time that is a horrible time...

- Jeff Gerstmann, 2013

Lelcar

Jeff Gerstmann on E3
"We found a spot that should have less echo-y audio and it has a side area that we can use as a green room. Should be cool."

Hype! And I wonder what they'll use a green room for. Additional E3 content?

On VinnyVania, Vinny mentioned doing a Random PC Game with Alex. Alex will be good for that feature because he actually has an appreciation for FMV and 90s era PC games, as well as character actors.

danm999

She dropped when the mutliplayer dried up, which was pretty goddamn fast for that game.

Maybe that game would get legs when there's a Steam sale or something but for people on the fence like myself hearing that the population has dried up already makes me want to skip it. Even if it's great and I enjoy it if I can't find people to play with what's the point.

She dropped when the mutliplayer dried up, which was pretty goddamn fast for that game.

I bet like 10 people only play it

Man, what a dead game. I bet the devs are extremely disheartened. With the cash shop they set up, they should've just made it an F2P with rotating hunters/monsters. Would've been much more popular.

Maybe that game would get legs when there's a Steam sale or something but for people on the fence like myself hearing that the population has dried up already makes me want to skip it. Even if it's great and I enjoy it if I can't find people to play with what's the point.

Man, what a dead game. I bet the devs are extremely disheartened. With the cash shop they set up, they should've just made it an F2P with rotating hunters/monsters. Would've been much more popular.

I backed out as soon as the DLC and preorder stuff became a quagmire to navigate. Honestly if I don't know what I'm getting with a particular pack, I have no interest in doing that. Also, from all the coverage on GB, I started to get the feeling that every match would be very samey.

I might be wrong about this, but when the game was first being described I feel like there was some kind of hint that your monster's abilities could be augmented by the creatures it killed in the wild. When it came to light that killing wildlife was just a resource grind, I was really, really disappointed.

santeesioux

It will get a few people playing it during the next Steam sale.

I backed out as soon as the DLC and preorder stuff became a quagmire to navigate. Honestly if I don't know what I'm getting with a particular pack, I have no interest in doing that. Also, from all the coverage on GB, I started to get the feeling that every match would be very samey.

I might be wrong about this, but when the game was first being described I feel like there was some kind of hint that your monster's abilities could be augmented by the creatures it killed in the wild. When it came to light that killing wildlife was just a resource grind, I was really, really disappointed.

I mean, I guess there is some of that, I think that killing big monsters gives you perks? Or something? I dunno, it all sounds like it would become a bore fast.

danm999

I got that impression as well and I don't know if it was me misunderstanding or not paying enough attention or the devs/community passively misleading us about how it worked.

And while I enjoyed the GB coverage, I think I mostly enjoyed it because I enjoy GB.

It will get a few people playing it during the next Steam sale.

Yeah when it's not a full price proposition and there's an influx of people at once like say, at the Summer sale, it should do better, but given it seems as though it was supposed to be this front loaded thing sales wise that kept a tail with DLC and updates it may mean trouble for the developers.

The Giant Bomb E3 coverage is gonna be great this year, between like eight press conferences and the debut of Dan and Jason
and Cara
. Honestly I probably enjoy GB's E3 coverage more than the actual conference itself, their edited stuff is always fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom