• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Hype! And I wonder what they'll use a green room for. Additional E3 content?

Last year guests waiting to appear on the late night shows could be heard mingling on the main feed, I would guess a holding area is meant to prevent this.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't tell if it is sad that I'm mostly looking forward to E3 because of GB's content. The last few years have been pretty boring for me.

Fine in what sense? The playerbase would still drop off, probably even quicker than it did realising in Feb.

Well sale trends in holiday season is 3x as much as sales trends in the first 10 months since more people buy games in the holiday season according to npd so I could see it doing better than it did But yeah long term would have been an issue.

I can't tell if it is sad that I'm mostly looking forward to E3 because of GB's content. The last few years have been pretty boring for me.
The GB coverage of E3 is the main reason I'm actually looking forward to E3 as well. Last year was fantastic and this year should be better with Dan and Jason plus more conferences to watch.

if anything we're entering a new era of single-player games because adding yet another mutliplayer game to market isn't doing anyone any favors.

in an ideal world anyway.

actually Evolve is probably great from a publisher standpoint. they probably made their money back and the interest is dying off so fast that server costs are negligible. and it's cheaper than making a campaign mode.

convo

I haven't seen Dan and Jason at an E3 yet, so i would love to know if Dan still manages to annoy Jason for some part of it.

Liamc723

I'm definitely looking forward to E3 a lot more, but Giantbomb's coverage is always great. Of course I'll be watching all the conferences with them.

swimbuff

Oh man, I'm playing through 999 right now and i coincidentally managed to find the episodes where Patrick was talking about 999.

Gonna be fun to listen to his impressions again now that I have some context. Hopefully he doesn't spoil anything

Ooh I'm playing through 999 right now too and have only the "true" ending playthrough left to do. Hopefully the payoff will be worth it though as its been super tedious doing the multiple bad ending playthroughs. I feel the story so far hasn't been all that great, at least not enough to warrant the praise this game gets, but I'll stick with it in the hope that everything will come together in the end.

Thanks for alerting me to the impressions as I totally forgot Patrick did that.

Vinny will play it if Max deems him worthy. Jeff said he's interested. Dan and Brad will probably at least try it.

Most likely nobody on staff finishes it.

LiK

the only thing i'm excited about with E3 at GB are the presser reactions. don't care for the interviews if they do any, tbh.

just to add stats here

now this is only steam

we dont know what it is on consoles

and off the top of my head i dont know if evolve is steamworks or not so it could even have pc players elsewhere

Yowzers. That's crazy, and it means that even if purchased during a sale, there would probably be a huge drop in gameplay relatively quickly. Though what's interesting is that it seems to be sticking at an average of 1,000 players, probably the dedicated people who would make entering the game a terrible pain.

I feel like this exemplifies the need for some kind of Single Player content.

Same. This will be my first GB@E3 and given the archives I watched, I'm real excited to see this live. The only reason I even remembered E3 happened last year was because SBF did their "let's watch" of the content.

Fantastapotamus

I know I'm late on this but: I have been listening to the bombcast since 1956 but I have to say, never have I been more disgusted with Jeff's opinion than during the last one. Not liking Half Life? Okay, whatever. Not liking Red Dead? Fine.
But hating on David Wise? No. I will draw a line in the sand here. I will no longer tolerate such unethical behaviour.
I will write Jeff a message on tumblr right now, explaining how wrong he was, I'm sure he will think about it.

But hating on David Wise? No. I will draw a line in the sand here. I will no longer tolerate such unethical behaviour.
I will write Jeff a message on tumblr right now, explaining how wrong he was, I'm sure he will think about it.

He's been responding to way stupider shit so you might actually get a response.

Are people still salty that donkey kong tropical freeze soundtrack got no love?

Dan had plenty of chances to show off the ost but ign let him down

Fantastapotamus

He's been responding to way stupider shit so you might actually get a response.

I don't actually want to anger Jeff. What if he finds out where I live?

Ehh whatever. It deserved to win, but I didn't care.
In all honesty though, it was a tiny bit hard for me to listen to Jeff and Brad teaming up against David fucking Wise, even if they obviously just did it to get a reaction from people.

Patryn

So do we know who will review Witcher 3?

I'm surprised someone actually expects them to review it.

I bet a few of them will play a bit of it, but I'm still not certain any of them will actually finish it.

As I recall, only Patrick and Vinny finished Witcher 2, and Vinny doesn't have the time for a game like the Witcher any more.

In addition, E3 is right around the corner, so they're probably super busy. Witcher 3 is going to fall into the void.

Fantastapotamus

I'm surprised someone actually expects them to review it.

I'm still not certain any of them will actually finish it. As I recall, only Patrick and Vinny finished Witcher 2, and Vinny doesn't have the time for a game like the Witcher any more.

Ha, yeah no way. If you are only looking for Witcher 3 coverage you probably shouldn't visit GB. Especially cause Witcher 3 will be much longer than Witcher 2.

LiK

not really salty about that. just annoyed they were dismissing Wise without actually looking up all the games he composed that have some amazing tracks.

Patryn

I don't get why people are continually expecting GB to provide extensive RPG coverage. The Souls games are the only ones to get extensive amounts of video. If you add in discussion on the Bombcast I suppose you could add in the Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect beyond that. Even all those games are really hybrids, and a lot of people would quibble with defining them as RPGs.

Persona 5 is really up in the air. I can see it getting extensive discussion, but I can also see it getting talked about one week and then never again.

But to sound like a broken record, Giant Bomb has never been the site for RPGs. Just treat any expanded coverage of one as a special treat, and not the norm.

Jintor

I played the game and absolutely loathed it. The start was great but it became extremely tedious. The subsequent play through a required made it worse. The story was so rediculous.
When the solution to a big mystery is magical nonsense, it's not satisfactory for me.
I don't get what the appeal is. I might have to give that spoilercast a listen to figure out what Patrick and others saw that I didn't.

I did, however, enjoy Danganronpa.
I'd like to get to the sequel at some point.

this is incomprehensible, how could you enjoy dr and not enjoy 999?

i guess the ost is far better on dr

LiK

I don't get why people are continually expecting GB to provide extensive RPG coverage. The Souls games are the only ones to get extensive amounts of video. If you add in discussion on the Bombcast I suppose you could add in the Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect beyond that. Even all those games are really hybrids, and a lot of people would quibble with defining them as RPGs.

Persona 5 is really up in the air. I can see it getting extensive discussion, but I can also see it getting talked about one week and then never again.

But to sound like a broken record, Giant Bomb has never been the site for RPGs. Just treat any expanded coverage of one as a special treat, and not the norm.

is Rorie gonna write a review for Pillars? seems like they had him playing that game for the site, iirc

I chose a 3DS over a Vita 3 weeks ago because I thought the general consensus was 999/VLR > Danganronpa. :(

maybe just wait for PSTV to go on sale again? obviously it's not portable but you can get the ability to play Vita games for like $50 and it's totally worth it for the DR games alone if you're into that

Quentyn

Saw that it took Kevin van Ord around 100 hours to finish the Witcher 3. I would be surprised if anyone from GB finishes the game this year. Completionist Vinny will probably take 120-130 hours.

Honestly, the 100 hours scare me a bit. I hope that game is not way too long for his own good. Witcher 2 had really the perfect length for an RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom