• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentyn

Anyone also still gets the bug where the video preferences get reset every week or so? I have it set to HTML5 HD, but it resets itself to Streaming Auto at least once a week. I think it started when the site got rebuilt after the CBSi buyout, and I seem to remember one of the engineers or Alexis saying that they are aware of it, but nothing really happened since then.

Myggen

Anyone also still gets the bug where the video preferences get reset every week or so? I have it set to HTML5 HD, but it resets itself to Streaming Auto at least once a week. I think it started when the site got rebuilt after the CBSi buyout, and I seem to remember one of the engineers or Alexis saying that they are aware of it, but nothing really happened since then.

Yeah, that happens all the time for me. I've just gotten used to it and change it back to HTML5 without really thinking about it now. It has been an issue since the redesign, do I doubt it'll get fixed.

Plus there's that QL where Ryan got so disgusted with the game he quit and Brad had to be subbed in!

I think I can file that one as a corner case. That was a great QL, though. I wonder what it's tagged as on QLCrew. (edit: It's actually Brad, Ryan and Jeff! Impressive.)

I've now added video counts per person, as of now based on the deck description, also made the graphs look a little bit nicer:
http://gb-stats.wambo.at/

I'm using d3.js for the graphs, which I can only recommend. Excellent library.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Plus there's that QL where Ryan got so disgusted with the game he quit and Brad had to be subbed in!

What the foxtrot is happening here?!

Edit: We don't need Tony Hawk 5 anymore, we have this now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VPPSVIb6M

That's right, finally a skateboarding game with Cristiano Ronaldo and Hugo the Troll. (not sure if people outside of europe even know Hugo the Troll but here he is)

Zoggy

http://gb-stats.wambo.at/

I made a thing that shows some (2, for now) graphs about Giant Bomb videos. Open for suggestions about what to do next. Right now I'm working on something that displays the number of quick looks each member has been involved in, but that'll be pretty inaccurate because the data for who is in a video is not in the GB database, so it's not in the API either. I can only try to parse the deck text for the video, which will lead to things like "Jeff Bezos" counting as Jeff and so on.

brads at 666 videos

Myggen

The Beastcast is not showing up on the RSS and I want it before I leave for work :(

Yeah, seems like the same problem as last time. Last week Rorie fixed it after a short while, so let's hope! I'm leaving work in 3 hours, so that's how much time you get, GB!

Zaph

Someone send Jeff a traffic helicopter asap

Edit: guys the download link works fine. If you need it now, download it to your phone or open it in a media player.

jaina

Edit: guys the download link works fine. If you need it now, download it to your phone or open it in a media player.

Then I'd need to copy it manually into my podcast app in order to get 1.5x speed. I could play it on my desktop in VLC, but then I'd need to keep track of my progress myself. Rather wait a day and listen to Roms over Baghdad :D

Jothel

Just requested a refund for MKX that I bought in April, I know it's way outside of the 2 week requirement but hey hopefully the 13 minutes of play I have on record shows them that my laptop can't do it.

Zaph

Just requested a refund for MKX that I bought in April, I know it's way outside of the 2 week requirement but hey hopefully the 13 minutes of play I have on record shows them that my laptop can't do it.
Ed boon coming for you

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Fighting games will probably have the highest return rates in terms of genre.
Doesn't take long to realise that you suck and the game is actually hard.

I can be so impatient with Quick Looks sometimes. Watching the Magicka 2 QL, I'm like "Go play the effing game!" and then I see it's only been like 6 minutes.

Myggen

Jeff on the CONTROVERSY OF THE WEEK:

Anonymous asked:What are your thoughts on Colin Campbell's Rock Band 4 preview over at Polygon? I think it's fine to be negative about a game but he seems to have been the absolute worse choice to cover it and half of the article is him saying as much.

Jeff: The game was shown as part of a week-long tour of events from multiple publishers, so people flying the “they should have sent someone else” flag are… well, they’re missing that key piece of context, I guess. That doesn’t change the preview, I suppose, but I dunno. I liked it. We were shown a game and told not to write about anything while IGN already had the exclusive on the vast majority of what we saw. There wasn’t really anything to write. If anything I’d maybe fault the “there is an embargo, so we must generate coverage” approach that some news-focused sites seem to take. They probably could’ve let this one slide.

For what it’s worth, I like Colin and, having met him and reading that piece in his voice, I enjoyed it quite a bit. There’s nothing wrong with writing something a little different from the norm. People make it sound like they just want a bulleted list of facts or something. Those people should probably go subscribe to Business Wire and read press releases all day.

WB and Netherrealms should be ashamed of how the PC version of MKX has been handled. It's feels like the red head stepchild of the MKX games. Besides needing heavy patching just to be competent, all of the balance patches are arriving on a delay because they're prioritizing the consoles first before bothering with the PC version.

When they announce Injustice 2 they're gonna have to beg me to pick it up because this second class citizen shit aint gonna stand.

Also, Rock Band fanboys are the bungie nerds of the music genre. They can't let others have other opinions about Rock Band, it's epic and it's your fault for not getting it.

Zaph

WB and Netherrealms should be ashamed of how the PC version of MKX has been handled. It's felt like the red head stepchild of the MKX games. Besides needing heavy patching just to be competent, all of the balance patches are arriving on a delay because they're prioritizing the consoles fist before bothering with the PC version.

When they announce Injustice 2 they're gonna have to beg me to pick it up because this second class citizen shit aint gonna stand.

zuR9ss0.gif

Myggen

Except he already said all this on the bombcast this week? Or last week?

No, he hasn't commented on that preview on any podcast.

Or did he and I don't remember? Seeing as the article was published on Monday, I doubt it.

I swear he did and said the exact same thing on one of the podcasts.

Maybe as a general statement, but not as a response to the "controversy" surrounding that article. If he did, I'm having a major brain fart right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom