• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
He's probably talking about all the harassment he's recieved by gamergate folks over it, not the regular criticism.

Yeah I mean I get why he blocked me, just block anyone who is even still talking bout about it? I guess?

All I asked was "can you clarify if you played the game"? Because I was genuinely confused by his preview. I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong. It's not like I said "hey Colin your a piece of shit"

But it's like when I play Dota. I immediately mute everyone because I really just don't want to hear it

Myggen

Yeah I mean I get why he blocked me, just block anyone who is even still talking bout about it? I guess?

All I asked was "can you clarify if you played the game"? Because I was genuinely confused by his preview. I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong. It's not like I said "hey Colin your a piece of shit"

But it's like when I play Dota. I immediately mute everyone because I really just don't want to hear it

Yeah, I can understand why he just blocked everyone if you look at the shit he got on Twitter over that preview. You probably got lost in the noise.

LiK

You probably caught him at a bad time.

LOL, I remember this now.

Risible

that just read like Jeff doing a bad job trying to defend one of his buddies.

Really? No.....really?

Maybe it's just that Jeff recognizes that, like most shit people get their panties in a bunch about, this is a tempest in a teapot and not worth getting indignant about.

But I'm sure you're right and this is actually Jeff acting completely differently than he's acted in the last fifteen years of working in the industry and is part of some industry wide cronyism conspiracy.

Maybe there are big Colin Campbell fans who had the same reaction to the RB4 piece!

Jeff's article:

I should really go play those two levels again and take notes instead of being a total jackass.

Colin's:

A new group of journos are on stage banging out some Fleetwood Mac. My friend, the one I was talking about the Philippines to, has wandered away. I go in search of a developer to interview. Perhaps there's a nice quiet room where we can sit and chat.

There's a bit of a difference in tone, here.

I get Colin's point: Rock Band 4 is a new rock band and fans of that are probably going to love it.

His tone is just offputting as hell

LiK

wow i just read the polygon thing

how is there drama about this? its really quite benign.

They changed the title and took it off the front page. It was originally "Rock Band 4 Impressions". Imagine clicking through and reading some rant about how the author didn't wanna be there. It was strange.

i said it early, rock band fans are the bungie fans of the music genre

I dunno what that means.

A year ago, maybe two, I would probably have something to say about that article and it would probably have bothered me. Yeah it seems shitty and pointless. So pointless, in fact, that I don't know why I ever gave a flying heck about that sort of benign drivel.

I don't even read gaming news/previews/reviews anymore. If it matters the Bombcast will talk about it and make it entertaining.

Fox318

Austin should contact HR. Clearly the Giantbomb office isn't a safe work environment if the microphone or headset is trying to kill him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like just stop going to Polygon. Even their 'good stuff' isn't very good. It's not like Kotaku where sometimes there's some interesting stuff amongst the shit. Even the most interesting stuff at Polygon isn't worth the length they use to describe it. Not to mention how unlikable most of their staff is and straight up the fact that most game journalists online handle criticism EXTREMELY poorly.

Like just stop going to Polygon. Even their 'good stuff' isn't very good. It's not like Kotaku where sometimes there's some interesting stuff amongst the shit. Even the most interesting stuff at Polygon isn't worth the length they use to describe it. Not to mention how unlikable most of their staff is and straight up the fact that most game journalists online handle criticism EXTREMELY poorly.

I agree. But I also agree that people get in such a huff about little stuff. Basically any of this sort of "drama" just ends up making me dislike everyone a bit more, so I've tried to bow out of such discussions.

And yet here I am.

Noaloha

As far as I'm concerned, Polygon puts out the funniest videogame video content on the internet (specifically, any Griffin + Justin stuff) and, yes, I say that as a big, big fan of GB. I'm tired of the jejune internet meanies, gleeful at any opportunity to pick a specific bone. Live a little. Love a little. Hell, leave stuff alone a little.

LiK

I agree. But I also agree that people get in such a huff about little stuff. Basically any of this sort of "drama" just ends up making me dislike everyone a bit more, so I've tried to bow out of such discussions.

And yet here I am.

We discuss the GB crew's eating habits. We are drama incarnate.

That's because Massive Chalice looks boring.

Remember when Brad played it for hours with Brad over his shoulder on the Extra Life stream?

But does it look boring because those games don't QL well or is that because MC is in fact boring?

I don't remember being hyped during the Xcom QLs. I dunno, i dont think those games QL well.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The game is $15.99 before release, you have to keep that in mind. It looks pretty good in that "smaller strategy game" category, I think.

Zaph

Probably not great releasing so close to Invisible, Inc. Not the exact same type of game, but one definitely outshines the other IMO.

yesterday I thought Massive Chalice looked alright but I think that was just a result of the Brad/Mary vortex of charm.
Mary realising she's creating a cougar who breeds nothing but asthmatics was pretty good.

cgxXMRe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom