• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimbuff

maybe just wait for PSTV to go on sale again? obviously it's not portable but you can get the ability to play Vita games for like $50 and it's totally worth it for the DR games alone if you're into that

That's a splendid idea, I completely forgot about the existence of the PSTV. I was looking for a portable so I could play something in bed (consoles are in my entertainment centre) but the PSTV is small enough for me to just slot under the bedroom TV.

As a bonus I would finally get to play P4G.

Ace attorney is better than Danganronpa and 999/VLR.

I absolutely adored the AA games so I suspect you speak the truth!

swimbuff

there's no reason to pit VNs against each other. you can enjoy them all.

Now you got me thinking of a Danganronpa vs Zero Escape crossover that will never happen. Bunch of people trying to escape a place while some are trying to
secretly murder the others?

...wait that's just 999 anyway right.

Ketch

I highly doubt that the witcher 3 will be as good as dragon age inquisition though. It doesn't even have multiplayer.

danm999

I love me a long RPG but saying that it's 100 hours sounds more like DA:I levels of padding.

Yeah I really, really hope not.

At least with Inquisition you can point to a lot of the hollowness of the abundant content being a reaction to DA2's sparsity; they basically had to shove shit in to avoid the comparison, even if it hurt the game's flow and quality.

Hopefully this is something that really shouldn't have impacted CDPR (given the Witcher 2 had no such criticisms), and that the reason for the amount of content is that they're going for a Skyrim feel rather than a DAI feel.

Also, CDPR has been working on this game pretty much exclusively (I don't think much is ready of Cyberpunk yet) since 2011, whilst in the intervening time Bioware was doing KOTOR, KOTOR expansions and Mass Effect 3.\

But hey, I might be wrong and it'll suck.

I highly doubt that the witches 3 will be as good as dragon age inquisition though. It doesn't even have multiplayer.

I never touched DAI's MP but by all accounts it was ok...?

I assume some of you have followed Jeff's lead into grocery haul rabbitholes...

someone point me to some especially depraved ones please

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hah. Konami sees a few more bridges it thinks it can burn.

They aren't really burning any bridges, they are carpet bombing everything video game related they see. I wouldn't be surprised if MGS V is the last Konami game we'll see, aside from soccer.

popo

I really hope Witcher 3 is good and preferably also accessible.

I played Witcher 1 and didn't like it. It was ugly, glitchy and confusing.

I wanted to try again with Witcher 2 but my PC would not run it and by the time it came out for consoles the urge had passed.

Witcher 3 comes at a time when I am looking for a game I can sink a good number of hours in to.

I suspect W3 might also get some love on GB - based on it being pretty, and they tend to be a suckers for pretty PC games, and there being not much out at the moment.

Dan would be a good candidate to play it. I know he is not fund of RPGs but if we can convince him it is about a cool guy, doing cool guy things - like killing and shagging - we might win him over.

Patryn

Yeah I really, really hope not.

At least with Inquisition you can point to a lot of the hollowness of the abundant content being a reaction to DA2's sparsity; they basically had to shove shit in to avoid the comparison, even if it hurt the game's flow and quality.

Hopefully this is something that really shouldn't have impacted CDPR (given the Witcher 2 had no such criticisms), and that the reason for the amount of content is that they're going for a Skyrim feel rather than a DAI feel.

Also, CDPR has been working on this game pretty much exclusively (I don't think much is ready of Cyberpunk yet) since 2011, whilst in the intervening time Bioware was doing KOTOR, KOTOR expansions and Mass Effect 3.\

But hey, I might be wrong and it'll suck.

I never touched DAI's MP but by all accounts it was ok...?

KOTOR, or Knights of the Old Republic, came out in 2003. Bioware was not working on it in the meantime.

The game you are talking about is SWTOR or just TOR or Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sorry, it's just a thing I'm seeing all over and it bugs the shit out of me. They are two entirely separate games.

Also, SWTOR was developed by Bioware Austin, so the team that made Dragon Age was not impacted by its development in the least.

Fantastapotamus

I really hope Witcher 3 is good and preferably also accessible.

I played Witcher 1 and didn't like it. It was ugly, glitchy and confusing.

You can't be a Witcher, you are a monster.
Witcher 1 is the best RPG of the last decade. That is a fact. Look it up.

Also, SWTOR was developed by Bioware Austin, so the team that made Dragon Age was not impacted by its development in the least.

Not directly. I do feel like they called in at some point and asked them how they were able to create so much content for a game. Cause DA:I's sidequests are all MMO quests. Not even joking.

Xater

So does anyone watch the e3 conferences by themselves before watching the GB commentary or do you just watch it live with the GB crew?

Hell, no.

These things have so many boring parts that it is great to have their commentary. They shut up during the important stuff anyway.

Fantastapotamus

Just watch it live with the GB crew, don't care enough about the conferences to watch them by themselves.

Yeah, it's not like there will be any major surprises. That's what made me watch the conferences live at the first place. The magic moment when a trailer for an unknown game starts and you slowly realise which game that is.
Nowadays everything get's announced or leaked before E3, and we just get a first CG Trailer at the conferences. Fallout 4 is so heavily rumoured that it's basically confirmed, making the announcement almost boring to me.
Ubisoft is kinda the only one who still tries and surprise people with their games.

So I might as well listen to Jeff making fun of their dumb speeches.

daydream

Banned
yeah, I don't need a "pure" experience for an overblown infomercial

I wonder if Brad will go for a quantity over quality approach with the guests like Scoops did (which is not to say most of the guests weren't quality but the fact that there were so many made for thin conversations)

also hoping for a return of Lang & the gooch to cover the hotspurs media briefing

maybe they'll get Shu back this year.

or SWERY, but he doesn't seem to do much in english even though he seems to know the language reasonably well.

demidar

Yep, for the most part everything is known quantities. So I really don't care if I don#t hear some dumb marketing speech about the next boring AC game.

The Giant Bomb commentary is great on the second-string conferences (anything not Big 3, so Ubisoft, EA, lolKonami, Activision??? and I guess Bethesda now as well) because they're not as safe as the Big 3 and pull stupid stunts and hype men which are ripe for ridicule.

The Giant Bomb commentary is great on the second-string conferences (anything not Big 3, so Ubisoft, EA, lolKonami, Activision??? and I guess Bethesda now as well) because they're not as safe as the Big 3 and pull stupid stunts and hype men which are ripe for ridicule.

sqenix

Zaph

I wonder if Brad will go for a quantity over quality approach with the guests like Scoops did (which is not to say most of the guests weren't quality but the fact that there were so many made for thin conversations)

Yeah, last year was a bit of a mess thanks to that. So many people moving in and out so rapidly that it felt like some sort of e3 speed dating.

I remember Patrick mentioning that he overbooked in anticipation of dropouts, but come on, this is the E3 night show - everyone in the industry knows about it and wants to be on it (even if they don't admit it and trash them on twitter). Aside from celebrities and major execs with crazy schedules, ain't nobody cancelling.

As long as Brad gets Cowboy from Naughty Dog that's all that matters. That guy is awesome everytime he's on.
Dev focused podcast hosted by Brad, with Cowboy, Samantha and Brad :)D). If we all focus we can will it into existence.

Patryn

As long as Brad gets Cowboy from Naughty Dog that's all that matters. That guy is awesome everytime he's on.

Isn't Alex in charge of booking guests?

I thought Brad was in charge of scheduling the actual appointments to see games and the like.

Myggen

Are we assuming Brad's handling the booking? He's had his hands full booking appointments with devs and publishers to see games and stuff like that previous years, one of the main parts of his job is publisher relations (he's the one who sets up their calender for the stuff that happens when they're not talking over conferences). I highly doubt he'll ALSO do the booking for the panels which, if Patrick is to be believed, was a full time job during E3. My guess would be that Alex is handling it with help from the others, the same way he handled the top 10 lists around GOTY last year.

Isn't Alex in charge of booking guests?

I thought Brad was in charge of scheduling the actual appointments to see games and the like.

What Patryn said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom