• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Saw that it took Kevin van Ord around 100 hours to finish the Witcher 3. I would be surprised if anyone from GB finishes the game this year. Completionist Vinny will probably take 120-130 hours.

Honestly, the 100 hours scare me a bit. I hope that game is not way too long for his own good. Witcher 2 had really the perfect length for an RPG.

Kevin VanOrd gets easily distracted in open world games. Critical path should be "only" be 50 hours.

Myggen

Regardless of Witcher 3's quality, 50-ish hours to finish the critical path is insane to me. I'll play the game, but I doubt I'll be able to finish it. I just don't have it in me anymore to play games that are that long (would probably be 100 hours for me, I have a hard time doing the critical path for any game).

LiK

Regardless of Witcher 3's quality, 50-ish hours to finish the critical path is insane to me. I'll play the game, but I doubt I'll be able to finish it. I just don't have it in me anymore to play games that are that long.

takes a little over two days. you'll do fine

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Regardless of Witcher 3's quality, 50-ish hours to finish the critical path is insane to me. I'll play the game, but I doubt I'll be able to finish it. I just don't have it in me anymore to play games that are that long.

I thought that about myself but then I spent 80+ hours on Pillars of Eternity

Patryn

Given that I didn't really enjoy either Witcher 1 or Witcher 2, I guess this probably just gives me a reason to skip Witcher 3 altogether.

Regardless of Witcher 3's quality, 50-ish hours to finish the critical path is insane to me. I'll play the game, but I doubt I'll be able to finish it. I just don't have it in me anymore to play games that are that long (would probably be 100 hours for me, I have a hard time doing the critical path for any game).

Yeah same here. But I don't feel bad for not finishing a game that I've got 30+ hours of enjoyment from, so it doesn't really matter that much. Still not sure if I'm buying Witcher.

https://twitter.com/PartyPat116/status/597567968386490368

CEr84PxVEAA3fgi.jpg

CEr84PxUMAEZd7T.jpg

Quentyn

I will probably wait for the inevitable Enhanced Edition. Bought both Witcher and Witcher 2 at launch, only to not play them until years later when they were fully patched and improved compared to the launch version.

Curious how the reviews for Witcher 3 will end up being, though.

I thought that about myself but then I spent 80+ hours on Pillars of Eternity
I feel really bad about dropping PoE, I loved the writing but I hated playing it.

It's just gonna be a 1 hour Let's Play of the FFXV demo + some footage of the new Deus Ex game.
Interestingly they've said no new info for FF15 at E3 so I'm interested to see what they bring. Deus ex and the FF14 expansion seem like obvious choices but they should have a lot of new stuff including a new hitman.

santeesioux

I've never been able to get into the Witcher games, but I'm going to be getting 3 and the new Batman with my new GPU, so it will be a good GPU tester until Batman comes out.

I broke my own personal rule about backing any more game Kickstarters, but I backed Igarashi's Not-Castlevania.

The video is too good. Even if the game sucks or fails in some way, I don't feel bad about giving Iga a few bucks.

Friend of the site Brandon Sheffield makes a good point

brandon sheffield ‏@necrosofty 9 minutes ago
This really is the perfect time for Igarashi to announce a kickstarter, while everyone's super mad at Konami for not making video games.

BearPawB

Banned
I broke my own personal rule about backing any more game Kickstarters, but I backed Igarashi's Not-Castlevania.

The video is too good. Even if the game sucks or fails in some way, I don't feel bad about giving Iga a few bucks.

Friend of the site Brandon Sheffield makes a good point

I backed mighty number 9 and regret it. Game looks like dog poop.
As soon as I saw the same people were making not-castlevania, i said NOPE not funding that

I'm happy that Igarashi is making another game but that kickstarter doesn't make me want to contribute to it at all.

I backed mighty number 9 and regret it. Game looks like dog poop.
As soon as I saw the same people were making not-castlevania, i said NOPE not funding that

Mighty No 9's kickstarter had no initial footage either right?

what did he say, and why would anybody doubt Kamiya?

Twitter_PG_kamiya_He_s_a_business_man_Not_a.png

lol, Kamiya. and that MN9 footage looks dreadful. what a bummer. :(

e: and it looks like Kamiya went on another banning rampage on people thanking him for Bayo 2 (not his game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom