• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic-Yoshi.png

Oh shit, is there a gallery of all the Yoshis now? I have to see Shulk Yoshi.

Myggen

Do we know what happened to Brad that he deleted Destiny off his PS4?

He explained it in the comment section of that Bombcast. Just basically got so tired of the drop rates and RNG that he finally just had enough. I did the same with Diablo 2 a couple of times back in the day.

Here's the post.

Finally the story can be told!

I'm still using the Suros Regime I bought from Xur a few weeks after the game came out because I've just never had anything better drop. Think about that: I've been using the same primary weapon for like eight months. The fuck is wrong with this game?

Now that I'm overleveled for the hard mode raids I figured I'd go back and hopefully get some of the guns I missed before, so I did two hard mode VOG runs and one HM Crota since HOW came out, and came away with... nothing but materials. Across those runs I watched one individual guy get Mythoclast, Timepiece, Universal Remote, and Fatebringer, and in the one Crota run freaking Dave Lang got Abyss Defiant, Word of Crota, and Edict. Most everybody in the groups got one or more primaries at one point. 10+ hours of my life down the drain with nothing to show for it led to me feeling like a complete fucking sucker, and in a fit of rage I flushed the game directly after that Crota run to keep myself from wasting more time on it.

This is on top of however many runs I did through those raids back when they were new, and I never got any primaries then either except for the Epilogue which as you probably know is garbage (certainly not good enough to burn an etheric light on). At this point I'm only half joking when I say it feels like someone at Bungie has it out for me.

This isn't just loot lust but also a serious matter of practicality. Not being able to put out elemental damage from all slots, and only having an exotic as a viable primary (makes things tough when you need to have Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn ready), is becoming a serious problem when you're getting into situations with bosses that rotate shield types and things like that.

Several people I play with have told me I've had the worst luck with primaries of anyone they know, but even if my experience with raid drops has been atypical, at this point I'm just sick of playing through the same content over and over in the vain hope the RNG will finally have mercy on me. The way all the new elemental primaries are locked up behind out-of-reach shit like POE 35 and Trials of Osiris is just adding insult to injury.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Slowly making my way through the Persona ER. It makes me want to play a jrpg. Then I remember that I don't really enjoy them any more and it wouldn't be as humorous without Jeff and Vinny.

Myggen

Since Justin is the only person who's been on every GB E3 panel (Dan broke his streak last year), I imagine he'll be there regardless at least. He's always one of my favourite guests on these things.

Myggen

Isn't Kinda Funny doing a similar thing this year? Or are they doing it earlier in the day?

Earlier in the day, and not really. As I understand it they're basically doing what they did at IGN, having a couple of people on at a time to talk about their game. Not really similar to the GB shows.

Is there a way to save video settings on my GB profile or something? I always want the HTML5 player, but the system seems hell bent on giving me the streaming option.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Is there a way to save video settings on my GB profile or something? I always want the HTML5 player, but the system seems hell bent on giving me the streaming option.

Why not just bypass the player and "download" the video in a new tab? Pretty much the same difference.

Myggen

He already went back to Destiny?

He joked with Mark from 8-4 on Twitter about it being a momentary lapse in sanity, but who knows if he's gone back to it. Seems to be playing a ton of Witcher 3 at the moment.

Nope, that's just a bug. I just change it manually, takes about 2 seconds.

TraBuch

Banned
Woke up this morning and I've been totally dizzy when I stand up. Everything just starts spinning. What an uncomfortable feeling.

My favourite Giant Bomb E3 2014 moment is when Alex Rigopulos comes on stage at Microsoft, and it says his favourite game is Rock Band

Patrick: ""My favourite game, Rock Band"? Oh come on"

and then Jeff does the true laugh

edit: no wait, it's when Zelda flashes on screen and Patrick goes "MAJORA'S MASK 2" into Jeff's ear

Volotaire

I hope they get Drake or someone similar for a conference. Ubisoft's commentary was great with him. Although Drake's got his Sony position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom