• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I hope Jeff's idea of a Friday stream with a PS4 filming them and another being the stream for the game becomes a reality. Maybe throw a GoPro into there too.

TraBuch

Banned
Jeff hasn't played Bloodborne in a month. Looks like he's had his fill. Wonder if he got stuck on a boss and just said fuck it.

Yeah you're right, you could make the argument that it is so good that it's also gonna be the next years GotY especially because of the DLC coming up.

2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nothing about what they've shown of Fallout 4 so far says 'GOTY' to me.

That trailer was super underwhelming. They could turn it around, but you know what they say about first impressions. And you know how Bethesda is.

hamchan

You guys must be forgetting that Call of Duty Black Ops III is coming out this year, Jeff filibuster confirmed.

I'm sure that'll be top 5 GotY for all the minor changes they've done to the CoD formula while something like Batman gets Mario Kart-ed and loses places for being too samey.

Drew/Jeff/Brad/Dan is the second best era of the Bombcast. I feel like a lot of people forget how dry the show was without Dan. He's sometimes quiet during industry discussion but I feel like he brings a lot of energy and humor to the show that it really needed.

Beastcast is phenomenal so far though, the three Beasters have a really great dynamic already. I really like Jeff, I hope he's back soon.

hamchan

Jason/Jeff/Brad/Dan is the second best era of the Bombcast. I feel like a lot of people forget how dry the show was without Dan. He's sometimes quiet during industry discussion but I feel like he brings a lot of energy and humor to the show that it really needed.

Beastcast is phenomenal so far though, the three Beasters have a really great dynamic already. I really like Jeff, I hope he's back soon.

I agree.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
XCOM 2 guys.

More importantly, which game will Soundtrack of the year?
Considering how much time they spent with the expansion, XCOM 2 will probably barely chip a top 10. Enemy Unknown just had enough distance for them to think it more fresh, I'm sure.

In a year where Hotline Miami 2 came out, Splatoon's lobby music still can't be beaten.

erawsd

Best story is bound to be an interesting discussion, because it'll inevitably come down to Witcher vs. MGSV. And if Dan was willing to dig his heels in and argue for Ground Zeroes, he'll surely do the same for MGSV, assuming the game is of at least some level of quality.

What'll be interesting is seeing how people even react to MGSV's storytelling. Personally, I really hope Kojima is trolling when he says that the narrative structure is like GZ where Snake barely says anything, codec convos are minimal, few cutscenes in the middle of mission, and much of the story is told through cassettes. That last bit in particular is a hugely concerning to me.

Myggen

What'll be interesting is seeing how people even react to MGSV's storytelling. Personally, I really hope Kojima is trolling when he says that the narrative structure is like GZ where Snake barely says anything, codec convos are minimal, few cutscenes in the middle of mission, and much of the story is told through cassettes. That last bit in particular is a hugely concerning to me.

Yeah, I get that you shouldn't trust Koijima when it comes to this kind of pre release stuff, but it doesn't sound very promising. If there's under 20 hours of cutscenes we riot!

I imagine Jeff will get hung up on Kiefer Sutherland saying 2 lines throughout the whole game and say that a story revolving around the transformation of the protagonist should have the protagonist talk more or something.

What does this meaaaaaan?

In a genre that felt so exhausted and (rimshot) dried up, Fury Road make the post apocalypse hell world feel like something I'd never seen before. I was shocked, wowed, and assaulted with raw spectacle at every turn.

Fallout 4 trailer felt very, "hey look! power armor! things you've seen before a dozen times over!" and I just lost all interest considering I'd already spent dozens of hours wandering through Gamebryo open worlds and have seen all their flaws a hundred times over. Maybe I'm just a tired old man, who knows.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Was XCOM without a controller really that bad? I thought it worked great on MK.
Oh it did, but that's not what I meant. Even now when they play most of their games on the PC, they're console gamers through and through. They won't like this new approach.

Zaph

Yeah, I get that you shouldn't trust Koijima when it comes to this kind of pre release stuff, but it doesn't sound very promising. If there's under 20 hours of cutscenes we riot!

It would be pretty funny if MGSV completely underwhelms, and the series just ends up as mobile fodder for Konami.

We'll see Kojima on kickstarter in 2 years pitching Stone Cog Liquid.

hamchan

I imagine Jeff will get hung up on Kiefer Sutherland saying 2 lines throughout the whole game and say that a story revolving around the transformation of the protagonist should have the protagonist talk more or something.

Jeff still has to watch Mad Max Fury Road after all.

jaina

Looks like we all agree that Arkham Knight WON'T be GB GOTY.
And Splatoon won't be either, that damn end boss is just too hard.

That sounds like the opposite of what Jeff would say. You dont even know Jeff!

I think the Batman fatigue might make some of them uninterested in AK, Splatoon though who knows, it's a game for children so I guess that won't make it either.

erawsd

Considering how often they've all talked about being bored of "Arkham combat", I def don't expect it to finish high on a Giantbomb list.

Splatoon won't be GOTY in a million years, but it was a game that outside Brad's vague misgivings they all enjoyed enough that it probably has a definite shot in the bottom five unless Dan just forgets to mention it or Alex needlessly kicks it off in exchange for something.

I've had a real bad feeling about AK since it was announced. I really hope I'm wrong about it because I loved the last two Rocksteady games.

LegoArmo

Bloodborne is my personal game of the year, so far. The Witcher in second.

I feel like Arkham Knight will get a courtesy 8th place or something.

I just hope to see Brad's Destiny push from last year come and bite him in the ass this year, you can't get whatever your baby is on the list two years in a row Shoemaker!

I was just starting to post in defence of Arkham Knight when I realised its June and the game isn't even out yet! Stop dragging me into hypothetical goty guys!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one ever thought Mordor would be Giant Bomb GOTY before it came out. Just remember that when you talk about things that GB 'won't' make GOTY

I wonder if 'crime scenes' is going to be the next shoehorned thing in AAA games after Arkham Knight and Witcher 3. They've been copying Detective Vision forever, but something tells me next year's Assassin will end up 'searching the area for clues'
And hopefully I can get a LA Noire sequel developed by someone other than Bondi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom