• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of updating my stance to "not expecting any game scheduled for Q4 to come out in 2015"

except CoD and AC because you can't stop those money trains toot toot

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yakuza 5 will have the best characters like usual and no one at GB will play it like usual.

Can Austin convert to the faith of the Dragon? You would think Dan would like Yakuza. It's full of cool guys doing cool things and guys talking too much(MGS) but I guess it had better writing. Because even cheesy J-Drama is written better than Kojima's works.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
speaking of Far Cry, what if Far Cry 5 gets announced next week and becomes an annual franchise?

would be sooooooo Ubisoft

Myggen

Yakuza 5 will have the best characters like usual and no one at GB will play it like usual.

Can Austin convert to the faith of the Dragon? You would think Dan would like Yakuza. It's full of cool guys doing cool things and guys talking too much(MGS) but I guess it had better writing. Because even cheesy J-Drama is written better than Kojima's works.

Dan played Yakuza 3(?) to completion and reviewed it, he wasn't too hot on it.

With how much love there is for Yakuza around these parts, I feel like I'm missing out. I hated the 10-15 hours I played of Yakuza 3, mostly because I hated how it played.

Did he? The gameinformer review is vague enough to be unclear about how much he played. Yakuza's combat is everything a brawler should be, sigh.

Dan played Yakuza 3(?) to completion and reviewed it, he wasn't too hot on it.

With how much love there is for Yakuza around these parts, I feel like I'm missing out. I hated the 10-15 hours I played of Yakuza 3, mostly because I hated how it played.

You should probably play 4 if for nothing but the REVELAHTUNS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saejima's
return from prison in 4 is some of the most compelling writing in games I've ever seen. Everything it touches on feels so real and so depressing.

Myggen

Did he? The gameinformer review is vague enough to be unclear about how much he played. Yakuza's combat is everything a brawler should be, sigh.

I didn't ask him personally, but I assumed he played it to completion. No way of knowing obviously.

You should probably play 4 if for nothing but the REVELAHTUNS.

Yeah, been thinking of picking up 4 for some time. Probably will never happen though, it's so far back in my backlog of shit I need to play.

Saejima's
return from prison in 4 is some of the most compelling writing in games I've ever seen. Everything it touches on feels so real and so depressing.

4's writing was just top notch even for someone who didn't follow the series super closely. I mean there's something to gain by knowing who the characters are, but Saejima's entirely story alone is amazing.

Myggen if you don't think you'll ever pick it up, I suggest watching the Super Best Friends playthrough of it. Pat is a big fan of the game and knows the history of the series pretty well.

I'm thinking of updating my stance to "not expecting any game scheduled for Q4 to come out in 2015"

except CoD and AC because you can't stop those money trains toot toot

The stance I am taking is that if they do not go out of their way to say its coming this year then it probably isn't.

Fallout 4 might be the outlier though. Bethesda isnt afraid of the holidays or shipping a game before is finished.

But IMO Deus Ex and Just Cause totally are not making this year. Cant see it.

Myggen

I'm more curious about the new Doom than the next Fallout. There I said it.

Kinda agree, but that's because I'm super curious about the new Doom. Especially after seeing the COD-esque game is was supposed to be before they started from scratch again.

4's writing was just top notch even for someone who didn't follow the series super closely. I mean there's something to gain by knowing who the characters are, but Saejima's entirely story alone is amazing.

Myggen if you don't think you'll ever pick it up, I suggest watching the Super Best Friends playthrough of it. Pat is a big fan of the game and knows the history of the series pretty well.

A decent idea, actually.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gameplay-wise, they're not much different but 3 is easily the weakest storyline of the 4 currently available in NA and sounds like of ALL the ones available overseas. Mostly because they were running out of shit for Kiryu to do which is why 4 was so good and why the two best storylines, imo, had little to do with Kiryu - Saejima and Tanimura's(even though it was kind of a retread of two)

I'm more curious about the new Doom than the next Fallout. There I said it.

Totally.

I want to see what the heck Doom is. It was great to see Wolfenstein not just be another FPS chasing the COD dollars. If Doom has a similar mindset it could be great.

Modern iD though.....

I expect Bethesda to make another Fallout 3 very well.

I can't expect a damn thing from id nowadays, especially with a game called Doom.

Unknown quantities are my jam, basically.

I think Doom will meet my expectations, which is to say it will be a mediocre shooter with spooky monster closets and old decrepit industrial environments.

Zaph

Weren't the behind-closed-doors impressions very positive? It was a home crowd, but still...?

Yeah I don't really know how you'd make Doom good again.

Wait, yes I do:

End of first level the main character gets killed
You take over playing Satan
Game turns isometric
It's the Dungeon Keeper sequel we've always wanted

Zornack

The stance I am taking is that if they do not go out of their way to say its coming this year then it probably isn't.

Fallout 4 might be the outlier though. Bethesda isnt afraid of the holidays or shipping a game before is finished.

But IMO Deus Ex and Just Cause totally are not making this year. Cant see it.

Is Deus Ex supposed to be this year?

dead2.gif

BanGy.nz

Banned

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

We have to shut down weekend thread because we broke it

I would say that Dan almost talked as much as Brad and Jeff on this week's Bombcast (which I actually kept an eye on because of all the complaints about Dan not being active enough etc.). Which is more than usual, but I feel like you're exaggerating so much that it's difficult to respond.

That said, I would always like Dan to be more active on the Bombcast! But I think he's been getting a lot better.

plus remember he still has anxiety issues at times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom