• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best footage of Jason being silly on camera (preferably besides the saluting from that recent UPF)?

I need more Jason footage. For reasons.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I thought Witcher 3 was pretty good looking but nothing that blew my mind. Then I got to
Skellige

Probably one of my favourite regions of all time.
I just love the look, the music and the atmosphere.
I was just told that I have about 7 story missions left, and I already dread the moment I finish the game cause I still want more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was just told that I have about 7 story missions left, and I already dread the moment I finish the game cause I still want more.

So far it's been the first area in the game I've wanted to explore. Like Novigrad is impressive, but a lot of it feels kind of same-y, seemingly on purpose, and the farmland area is kind of eh. Nothing too much that makes me want to go off the beaten path.

erawsd

Yakuza has always seemed vague-ly shenmue esque. Am I wrong for assuming that?

I've always got that vibe from it too. Although, Ive only ever played the PS2 game.

Sounds like CDPR will be supporting W3 for a long time, so don't worry.

Yeah, they've said that even though the game is out the next two years will be "all about the Witcher". Which suggests that we probably wont get a good look at Cyberpunk until 2017.

danm999

Yeah I just got to Skellige yesterday and it just looks great. And I love the weird synthetic quality a lot of the music there has.

Also, finished my Gwent deck! Got that hot chievo.

Quick question: Are you two referring to Austin, or the writer of that Polygon piece?

The latter. What Austin wrote is good and I agree with it.

Last time I bought a season pass it was for Bioshock Infinite, and while I loved 2/3 of the pieces of content, the season pass was on sale for like 50% off before the second one even came out.

I fucking love Witcher 3, but I'll hold off for now.

[EDIT] I just checked the DLC page for Witcher 3, and where did all these Free things come from? Should I download them?

FStop7

Banned
It just sank in with me that Adam Boyes, John Drake, Matt Kessler, and Shane Bettenhausen all work for the same company. Possibly interacting with each other.

I don't know how I feel about that.

Wow, Shane Bettenhausen. Haven't thought about that guy in a long, long time. I wish I had been on GAF back then, I'll bet some people fucking hated him with a white-hot rage.

Zaph

Yeah, they've said that even though the game is out the next two years will be "all about the Witcher". Which suggests that we probably wont get a good look at Cyberpunk until 2017.

Yeah, 2017 at the earliest. Even with CDPR making their talent acquisition motivations crystal clear the day they released the trailer, it was still probably a mistake to do so. This industry doesn't handle waiting well.

Last time I bought a season pass it was for Bioshock Infinite, and while I loved 2/3 of the pieces of content, the season pass was on sale for like 50% off before the second one even came out.

I fucking love Witcher 3, but I'll hold off for now.

[EDIT] I just checked the DLC page for Witcher 3, and where did all these Free things come from? Should I download them?

There are 16 free piece of DLC that will be available.
DONT DOWNLOAD BEARD Set, it stops in-game growth.

Megasoum

Banned
It just sank in with me that Adam Boyes, John Drake, Matt Kessler, and Shane Bettenhausen all work for the same company. Possibly interacting with each other.

I often have to deal with Sony (and MS) people directly at work.... I dream of the day when I will recieve an email from Kessler lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, I wish Splatoon and Witcher 3 coming out so close to each other kind of sucks because both have awesome zeitgeists going on right now, and it sucks to miss out on one when it won't be the talk of the community a year or so down the line.

How could they let this happen.

Your beard still grows if you select clean shaven.

It only stops growing if you select one of the DLC beard options.

At least that is my understanding. Now that I think about it I am not sure the beard has grown since I downloaded that DLC and messed around with it. Ill have to go check.

Wow, Shane Bettenhausen. Haven't thought about that guy in a long, long time. I wish I had been on GAF back then, I'll bet some people fucking hated him with a white-hot rage.

He was mostly revered as "Man God," though there were quite a few who liked to poke fun at his... enthusiasm for Sony products, whether it was vague teases about upcoming secret PS3 games or declaring that the new Dual Shock 3 must have some kind of super 3D haptic feedback

He was mostly revered as "Man God," though there were quite a few who liked to poke fun at his... enthusiasm for Sony products, whether it was vague teases about upcoming secret PS3 games or declaring that the new Dual Shock 3 must have some kind of super 3D haptic feedback

I liked when he called people who didn't like MGS4 "peasants."

yeah but when he finally made his way into Sony it was like when Luke Smith went to Bungie. it was like the world was correcting its own errors

I don't think Vinny will ever finish Witcher 3, Brad either for that matter. It is so utterly huge, even avoiding a good amount of the unnecessary side stuff, it's the kind of game he talks about not having time to play. It would be a shame if he drops it, though. He would absolutely love it. I just reached the second major land mass
Skellige Isles
after 75 hours and it's way bigger than I anticipated. I've been skipping the majority of ? style filler quests and some bigger side quests just because there is just so damn much and the quest design surprisingly has held up all this time.

Lijik

this sitcom writes itself honestly
someone get me fox on the phone "its like seinfeld... in a games publishing company! this one guy, he's like our kramer, get this - he's never eaten a banana before. thats our pilots c-plot already taken care of baby!"

1870fb3efc777f69de96f275fb4aeac7.png

kingocfs

I don't think Vinny will ever finish Witcher 3, Brad either for that matter. It is so utterly huge, even avoiding a good amount of the unnecessary side stuff, it's the kind of game he talks about not having time to play. It would be a shame if he drops it, though. He would absolutely love it. I just reached the second major land mass
Skellige Isles
after 75 hours and it's way bigger than I anticipated. I've been skipping the majority of ? style filler quests and some bigger side quests just because there is just so damn much and the quest design surprisingly has held up all this time.

Yeah I've been playing at a snail's pace and I'm afraid I'll never finish it. My friends are all way ahead of me and keep reminding me how much I've yet to see. It's pretty intimidating.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see people in the OT talking about multiple playthroughs, and I'm just like 'dude what.' I've been playing it pretty much daily when I'm not at work and even then I feel like I'm nowhere close to done. I can't even imagine playing it a second time.

erawsd

Your beard still grows if you select clean shaven.

It only stops growing if you select one of the DLC beard options.

At least that is my understanding. Now that I think about it I am not sure the beard has grown since I downloaded that DLC and messed around with it. Ill have to go check.

Yeah, it will grow if you shave it. If you choose a specific style then it wont grow, until you shave it again. Uninstalling the DLC is not necessary.

I guess I have to keep in mind that I'm one of the crazy ones that never uses fast travel so that probably makes things a little more manageable but still.

I've gotten to the point in Witcher where all the quests I can do are too high level and it's kinda losing me because of it. Am I moving through towns too fast or something? I feel like I'm finding a decent number of side quests but most are just too hard for my character.

demidar

I've gotten to the point in Witcher where all the quests I can do are too high level and it's kinda losing me because of it. Am I moving through towns too fast or something? I feel like I'm finding a decent number of side quests but most are just too hard for my character.

That's really odd, I've never wanted for quests around my level, and I was blasting through the game while the XP bug was still unpatched. Where are you up to?

You get access to later game side quests from boards and what not. You can go back to them later, after you've progressed the story. I've been a little overleveled for most of the time for main quests because I was hitting side quest more frequently early on. Now I pick and choose the most interesting ones I run into and don't go out of my way to pick up new ones. You don't clear out the map of side quests as you move on. It's not made to be played that way.

Wrapped up main quest of Witcher3, 129hr. Time to play some gwent I guess?
I should of really started on Death March difficulty for 1st playthough.
I see people in the OT talking about multiple playthroughs, and I'm just like 'dude what.' I've been playing it pretty much daily when I'm not at work and even then I feel like I'm nowhere close to done. I can't even imagine playing it a second time.
Yeah, don't think I'm that crazy.
Can't wait for story DLC though.
cool that you were watching dan's girl for most of hoodslam
hehe

I just realized that I have played exactly 3 games this year and I haven't finished one yet. I spent the first 4 months addicted to Elite Dangerous. I'm talking flight sticks and track IR addicted. Then I finally had a chance to play GTA V now that it's out on PC but before I was able to finish it, Witcher 3 came out, which had completely enthralled me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom