• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people have that game that they keep going back to, like an abusive spouse.

Lord knows I have mine.

At least Warframe is a competent game who gives me shiny new things when I go back.

I guess this is where I admit that because I play games one to two years after release most of the time, I've dropped out of Giant Bomb GOTY content around "best story" every single year.

I lag about a year behind releases unless it's something I've been looking forward to, like a new Platinum game. Fingers crossed for Scalebound this year, it might make me buy an Xbone.

I guess this is where I admit that because I play games one to two years after release most of the time, I've dropped out of Giant Bomb GOTY content around "best story" every single year.
Funny, usually the only thing that makes me play a game sooner than i would ( i'm a cheapass and tend to do the same thing you do) is that i believe it will be discussed during GOTY discussions. It's the reason i paid full price for the walking dead season 1 that year.

Also, sometimes the fact that a game comes up in the story discussions gets me interested in playing it when i otherwise wouldn't. That's what happened this year with The Fall, a game whose twist I already knew but still found the game completely captivating.

danm999

It's kind of my favourite catergory. It's basically immune to a lot of the chicanery I feel goes on in several of their other catergories.

Happens to me too. Didn't listen to 2014's until I finished both Danganronpa games earlier this year. With my goal of listening to every old Bombcast I missed in order, old GOTY episodes from 2009 and 2010 spoiled me on games I managed to avoid spoilers to for that long. Completely forgot that certain games came out in certain years.

daydream

Banned
if this is a reasonable price and the ports are decent, this is pretty rad news

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ings-enhanced-8-bit-classics-to-new-platforms

e: it's $15, can't beat that with a bat

sure i can, they should have included 7-10 but even as it stands, it's digital eclipse. granted, they have "reformed" but they still have to prove that they're not fucking it up, especially since they seem to be "reworking" the games which makes it sound like the opposite of a faithful port

and even then, people have access to perfectly good versions of all those games so even if they hit the mark, it would be far from earth-shattering

Chuck

Still without luck
IDijSsp.png

sure i can, they should have included 7-10 but even as it stands, it's digital eclipse. granted, they have "reformed" but they still have to prove that they're not fucking it up, especially since they seem to be "reworking" the games which makes it sound like the opposite of a faithful port

and even then, people have access to perfectly good versions of all those games so even if they hit the mark, it would be far from earth-shattering

43c3423a76d23d0420d0051a813ff071.jpg

daydream

Banned
hey man, just looking at it realistically here

they could totally nail it across the board and follow it up with 'mega man: the retirement years', i'll be there day 1 if that's the case

Too bad this probably broke after the recording of the Bombcast (?), would love to hear Jeff's reaction to this.. :p

what, did they record it on Sunday?

e: the only good Daft Punk albums are the Alive albums if we're being serious here. and maybe the Tron soundtrack

lol Tool

Obviously they haven't recorded the Bombcast yet, not sure what that guy's thinking. But is OLD MEGA MAN GAMES RERELEASED AGAIN even newsworthy at this point?

convo

Now wait a moment Drew, Geld and Gelb are still different words. Turned a letter there buddy. I hope you didn't make shit up or someone else did to sound intelligent.

Hey duders, I need help getting two remaining trophies in Bad Company 2 for PS3. It shouldn't take long considering what they are, but I need help as they are annoying. I created a thread about it. Could anyone help ? I want the platinum and I can only do so while the servers are still up.

repeater

what, did they record it on Sunday?

You do realize that it's 9 a.m. in California on Monday as I type this, right? Their week has literally just started.
I really can't be expected to keep track of what time it is in every little backwater on the less civilized side of the planet.
Besides, the Bombcast is usually out about in less than 24 hours from this time, right? I'd have expected the editing to take quite a while.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Capcom's E3 Line-Up

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Resident Evil 0 HD
Street Fighter V

They are actually make A new videogame y'all.

I really can't be expected to keep track of what time it is in every little backwater on the less civilized side of the planet.
Besides, the Bombcast is usually out about in less than 24 hours from this time, right? I'd have expected the editing to take quite a while.

It usually comes out Tuesday around 6-7 my time, so around 30 hours from now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom's E3 Line-Up

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Resident Evil 0 HD
Street Fighter V

They are actually make A new videogame y'all.
Don't forget the new TPS IP, DMC5 news, the new Mega Man game and the Monster Hunter PS4 game.

Choo choo!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Not gonna lie, Drew's bad german is killing me.
Money and yellow are not the same word in german! I can understand the confusion though.
Yellow is Gelb, while money is Geld.

I'M glad 56 people already pointed that out in the comments.
Learn german, it's a super complicated language that you can use in 2,5 countries in the world. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom