• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual picture of Jason.

250px-Mr._Mundee's_Wild_Ride.png

Volotaire

That was a surprisingly good discussion on Nintendo content by the Beastcast i.e. they had more information available about their potential lineup relative to the Bombcast. Great podcast all round, and where's the beastcast thread?

Not gonna lie, hearing Jason talk about sfv was the first time I got excited for the game. I could never get into the FADC stuff and even when I was ok at it it really didn't lend itself too well to online play.

I'll probably pick it up on PC when it launches just as an excuse to dust off my Saturn usb pad

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This call-in is such a good idea. They immediately open up with a pretty well-informed fresh segment and an outside voice. Love it.

It's like the "Gaming Minute" were part of the Bombcast.

Myggen

That was a surpassingly good discussion on Nintendo content by the Beastcast i.e. they had more information available about their potential lineup relative to the Bombcast. Great podcast all round, and where's the beastcast thread?

Hasn't really been enough interest in the Beastcast threads aside from the first one to really justify a new thread for every episode imo. Maybe wait some time for the podcast to get better known on GAF and try again or something like that?

that downgrade talk, especially coming from Giant Bomb, was really refreshing.

I love Bakalar's total lack of a filter when it comes to shit like calling Ken Levine a robot.

Hasn't really been enough interest in the Beastcast threads aside from the first one to really justify a new thread for every episode imo. Maybe wait some time for the podcast to get better known on GAF and try again or something like that?

they've gotten ~80 replies, that seems like enough for a thread.

Bacon

i think podcast threads are completely unnecessary and the community is served better discussing these things in community threads

I dunno, I regularly see people who aren't regulars posting in the podcast threads. It can be intimidating for someone who doesn't post regularly in the OT's to come in and start contributing when there is already an established community at play. I think the podcast threads serve that purpose at the very least.

I dunno, I regularly see people who aren't regulars posting in the podcast threads. It can be intimidating for someone who doesn't post regularly in the OT's to come in and start contributing when there is already an established community at play. I think the podcast threads serve that purpose at the very least.

well then the need for a weekly thread seems excessive. Have a catch-all podcast thread then.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think we have a perfectly fine community thread and thats why I never go into the podcast threads.

i think podcast threads are completely unnecessary and the community is served better discussing these things in community threads

Yeah I don't really feel the need to go to a separate thread. This thread could actually use more discussion around actual gb content. The weird thing I suppose is that we're now in community and there's probably a lot of people who listen to the podcast(s) but don't want to engage in this thread. (edit: like bacon said)

I hope people don't feel intimidated coming into this thread. It could use more fresh faces and opinions. I can see some of the cliquey aspects putting people off though, but that's kind of a given with any community thread.

Patryn

I feel like if you don't immediately listen to the entire podcast right away, there's no point in going into those threads.

As I tend to take a week to listen to the entire things (I have a ~25 minute commute each way and listen to it on that), I'm so far behind that I don't bother.

For instance, I just finished the Bombcast this morning.

well then the need for a weekly thread seems excessive. Have a catch-all podcast thread then.

Catch-all podcast thread would be exiled to Community and die.

More than enough interest in the Bombcast threads to justify at least keeping that one. There's always people posting in those threads that are not regulars here.

Meh, I guess it's good for the site to have some presence in Gaming side so even though i dont think it's necessary i suppose it's better than not having any exposure on that end.

Also, Jeff B. seems like he'd fit in perfectly well on the westcast given that he makes wild assumptions and lack of fact checking. I mean, crapping on Powers aint nothing new but at least know that the stupid thing got renewed for a second season.

Especially when the separate thread tends to devolve into senseless bashing.

Backalar is doing better for me this podcast, but for some weird reason I'm having trouble understanding him and separating him from Austin. When Jeff gets excited or something, he starts talking really fast and slurs words together. Am I alone in having these problems?

Especially when the separate thread tends to devolve into senseless bashing.

Backalar is doing better for me this podcast, but for some weird reason I'm having trouble understanding him and separating him from Austin. When Jeff gets excited or something, he starts talking really fast and slurs words together. Am I alone in having these problems?

no, I get them mixed up all of the time too. Austin has a really small lisp which helps to pick him out but you don't really hear it unless he goes off for a length of time.

Curufinwe

Also, Jeff B. seems like he'd fit in perfectly well on the westcast given that he makes wild assumptions and lack of fact checking. I mean, crapping on Powers aint nothing new but at least know that the stupid thing got renewed for a second season.

Jeff B has nothing on Russ Frushtick who insisted on their 2014 recap show that Sony exclusives like Uncharted (currently at 21 million units) don't sell well.

I'm starting to think I have a good ear for differentiating voices. I've seen similar discussions about other podcasts and I've never had an issue picking out who was speaking.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I can hear the similarities but have no problem differentiating them.

I think I'm a weird case, but my problem is never telling the voices apart, but it takes me super long to attach the names to the voices. I've listened to MBMBaM and Adventure Zone for a few months now and still could not tell you what voice belongs to what brother. There's just some kind of disconnect on the names aspect for me.

Probably doesn't help that I'm absolutely horrible remember names as it is, I have the same issues with people I see on a regular basis.

Xater

I think I'm a weird case, but my problem is never telling the voices apart, but it takes me super long to attach the names to the voices. I've listened to MBMBaM and Adventure Zone for a few months now and still could not tell you what voice belongs to what brother. There's just some kind of disconnect on the names aspect for me.

Probably doesn't help that I'm absolutely horrible remember names as it is, I have the same issues with people I see on a regular basis.

That's an issue I also have. Remembering names is the worst for me. Faces and voices are something I always remember.

So whenever a party scenario happens to involve the introduction of people you can be sure like an hour later I remember maybe one of them.

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah I'm the same for MBMBaM. I recognize Justin since I've seen him in so many different things but the other two brothers are always mixed up.

I think it would be solved if there was more live content from the beast side and I could really learn the group.

On the GOG note, I'm mad at myself for how many games I'm buying when I have an impossible backlog. I got Luftrausers and Paranautical Activity because they were so cheap, and now Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is two dollars and Valdis Story is four. I really like Galaxy's set up even if it's just in Beta-- having the thing that says "never been played' motivates me to try it at least once.

That's an issue I also have. Remembering names is the worst for me. Faces and voices are something I always remember.

I still don't know the names of most of my coworkers...

Myggen

I'm terrible at telling voices apart until I've seen those people on video, so I can attach faces to those voices. Happened to me with 8-4: I couldn't for the life of me tell who was who on that podcast for months until I watched the video of Brad interviewing them and a couple of other videos.

I never had that problem with Jeff B and Austin, but I think that's probably because I had already heard Jeff on a couple of other podcasts so I knew his voice.

I'm terrible at telling voices apart until I've seen those people on video, so I can attach faces to those voices. Happened to me with 8-4: I couldn't for the life of me tell who was who on that podcast for months until I watched the video of Brad interviewing them and a couple of other videos.

I never had that problem with Jeff B and Austin, but I think that's probably because I had already heard Jeff on a couple of other podcasts so I knew his voice.

I had a funny case of where I had listened to The Comedy Button for a long time and had no idea what any of them looked like. I had these pictures in my head of what they all looked like and then hearing all the descriptions of the bombcast guys decided to go look at what the Button crew looked like. Instantly regretted it. I will never watch a video of theirs again. I just had a picture in my head and it felt weird seeing they looked nothing like their voices sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom