• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

At least it's better than the 4chan GB community. The only big offsite GB community I don't know anything about is the one on the Penny Arcade forum. Heard it's decent.

As juvenile as it was, the Jason/Lisa Extralife donation trolling was pretty damn hilarious. They earned some good credit for that.

What is a man but a miserable pile of burgers

As juvenile as it was, the Jason/Lisa Extralife donation trolling was pretty damn hilarious. They earned some good credit for that.

If they earn good credit for that I wonder what they would need to do to earn bad credit.

danm999

I'm surprised how angry people get at Dan in those threads.

It's not even mundane stuff like that, it's the weird, specific and sometimes super personal assortment of random issues that fascinate me.

Like, I've taken to listening to the Bombcast first and reading that thread second because I kind of get a kick out of some of the stuff there having already hearing the podcast. Like last week someone was complaining they didn't discuss the Yooka Laylee Kickstarter even though they totally did. Or the person who was banned from the GB forums and thought the thread was the perfect place to complain about PC culture.

It's bizarre.

Myggen

Meh, not a big fan of jokes at the expense of others.

Another example of channers being 2edgy4me and not being funny imo.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Sounds lame.

Let's recommend me some ipad games instead. Help me navigate the future of interactive entertainment, GB GAF.

Xater

I've just finished listening to the all of NintenDownload X-press podcast, now I really want a similar show based on Steam Greenlight.
80 Days

The thing about those games was that they were terrible and had a ridiculous copy written for them. At some point that changed and that kinda also why that podcast ended. I don't think Steam Greenlight copies are dumb enough to be funny.

popo

"It has never been difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine"

I'm sad there's no content today

the only QL they have is Dex

It is Monday. The reality is you either have content at the weekend or content on Monday. It wasn't that long ago you had neither.

daydream

Banned
haven't really been keeping up with gaming minutes but the latest one is basically a disney infinity ad in the sense that it just describes a product without brett injecting some opinion

basically i'm wondering if we can buy a gaming minute for our thread, spread the word

Jothel

English folk:
I just got my student finance bill through and the fact they add interest is hilariously terrible. Who here is paying theirs back? How much are you paying back each month/year?

Megasoum

Banned
English folk:
I just got my student finance bill through and the fact they add interest is hilariously terrible. Who here is paying theirs back? How much are you paying back each month/year?

I'm in the last year of my 10y loan... I'll be done around this time next year! I'm paying roughly 250$ CAN I think? Not 100% sure, I actually have 2 loans to pay everymonth and it totals to 500$.

The interests have been paid for years though.. It's all capital now.

Can't wait to get rid of that bullshit. 500$ more in your bank account every month is a nice sum of moula

Edit: Missed your first line... I'm in Québec btw.

haven't really been keeping up with gaming minutes but the latest one is basically a disney infinity ad in the sense that it just describes a product without brett injecting some opinion

basically i'm wondering if we can buy a gaming minute for our thread, spread the word
Well it takes most of a minute just to say the title of the game

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Did everybody know that the development studio behind Megaman 9, 10, Mighty No 9, and I Can't Believe It's Not Castlevania are also responsible for Jeff's Game of the Generation*? I feel like this is the true reason we saw today's Kickstarter turn into such a success.

* Game of the Generation votes not actually conducted. As such, I think it's fair to assume this would have been Jeff's.

Megasoum

Banned

They would never air it but imagine if we did a "Fridge Op 2.0" but instead of buying a fridge we bought an ad on the Bombcast? lol It would be fucking amazing.

Jothel

I'm in the last year of my 10y loan... I'll be done around this time next year! I'm paying roughly 250$ CAN I think? Not 100% sure, I actually have 2 loans to pay everymonth and it totals to 500$.

The interests have been paid for years though.. It's all capital now.

Can't wait to get rid of that bullshit. 500$ more in your bank account every month is a nice sum of moula

Edit: Missed your first line... I'm in Québec btw.
Jeeze, is that pretty standard for Canada? They're currently adding about 75$ a month in interest on my loan, which fuck that...

Also... My wife and I are thinking of places for a honeymoon/general holiday and Canada is one of the places we're considering, heard good things about Vancouver, what say you?

Jeeze, is that pretty standard for Canada? They're currently adding about 75$ a month in interest on my loan, which fuck that...

Also... My wife and I are thinking of places for a honeymoon/general holiday and Canada is one of the places we're considering, heard good things about Vancouver, what say you?

Go to Prince Edward Island. =P

Megasoum

Banned

I'm a 6 hours flight away from Vancouver so no idea... It does look cool and pretty though lol. Montréal is an amazing city tho.... Really romantic. I guess you don't care too much about that but most people consider it the most european city outside of Europe lol.

And yeah fairly standard for the loan.... It was a 17k loan over 10years. You start by paying the interests for the first couple of years and then after that it's all the capital that goes down.

I have a second loan to repay too cause I was young and stupid for a while and got ahold of a credit card.... Hard life lesson.

Jothel

I'm a 6 hours flight away from Vancouver so no idea... It does look cool and pretty though lol. Montréal is an amazing city tho.... Really romantic. I guess you don't care too much about that but most people consider it the most european city outside of Europe lol.

And yeah fairly standard for the loan.... It was a 17k loan over 10years. You start by paying the interests for the first couple of years and then after that it's all the capital that goes down.

I have a second loan to repay too cause I was young and stupid for a while and got ahold of a credit card.... Hard life lesson.

Oh yeah? I guess we'll just go to wherever the flights are cheapest really... Damn tuition is cheap in Canada, you must be laughing at your southern cousins and their absolutely insane fees

is this interest ass interest or is it interest indexed to inflation
This is interest ass interest I think, my loan is £29,950ish and I'm paying 1.5% interest a month, which is great because it means as the overall price goes up, so does the interest... Fucking student finance

This is interest ass interest I think, my loan is £29,950ish and I'm paying 1.5% interest a month, which is great because it means as the overall price goes up, so does the interest... Fucking student finance

And ya'll just elected the best representatives to make sure that shit keeps climbing.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh yeah? I guess we'll just go to wherever the flights are cheapest really... Damn tuition is cheap in Canada, you must be laughing at your southern cousins and their absolutely insane fees

Yeah keep in mind that Canada is Biiiiiiiig compared to the UK or any Europe country even. You gotta choose where you want to go. It's like 7h flight from coast to coast.

And yeah it's definitly cheaper than the USA for the loans but then again it was just a small private school with a 1year program. No PHD or anything like that lol.

Jothel

Yeah keep in mind that Canada is Biiiiiiiig compared to the UK or any Europe country even. You gotta choose where you want to go. It's like 7h flight from coast to coast.

And yeah it's definitly cheaper than the USA for the loans but then again it was just a small private school with a 1year program. No PHD or anything like that lol.
Yeah we'll go to one city and stay there I guess. If we went to Montreal would just English be ok? My French is not what it used to be...

Wait a one year program and 17k? Goddamn... Was it worth it? Or should I not ask that?

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah we'll go to one city and stay there I guess. If we went to Montreal would just English be ok? My French is not what it used to be...

Wait a one year program and 17k? Goddamn... Was it worth it? Or should I not ask that?

Yeah english is totally fine in Montréal. The vast majority of people are bilingual and anyway there's a lot of tourism.

And yeah... Not really worth it in the end. Didn't learn much (was a 3D Programming course) and the school ended up shutting down halfway through for fraud. Fun times!

popo

This is a politics free zone ... but if anything Labour would have advocated the base rate going up more than the Tories and don't forget he likely accumulated his debt in tuition fees - which were introduced under a Labour government and increased under the second term of a Labour government. Don't let that stop you from a bit of good old fashioned Tory bashing though ;)

You should be paying 1.5% APR, so a year, not a month. Which is a pretty decent rate to be honest. As long as you pay at least £500 a year your principle will go down over time.

Papa Vinny
2749310-pappavinny2.png

Jothel

Yeah english is totally fine in Montréal. The vast majority of people are bilingual and anyway there's a lot of tourism.

And yeah... Not really worth it in the end. Didn't learn much (was a 3D Programming course) and the school ended up shutting down halfway through for fraud. Fun times!
Cool, will definitely check it out more, how's the weather there in July?

You should be paying 1.5% APR, so a year, not a month. Which is a pretty decent rate to be honest. As long as you pay at least £500 a year your principle will go down over time.
Well I mean like I get charged interest every month at a rate of 1.5%. Unfortunately I don't earn enough money to start lying back yet... They're adding about £450in interest each year so if I pay £500 a month I'll probably never pay it all off. I think all student loans get wiped out after 30 years though?

Megasoum

Banned
Cool, will definitely check it out more, how's the weather there in July?

Well I mean like I get charged interest every month at a rate of 1.5%. Unfortunately I don't earn enough money to start lying back yet... They're adding about £450in interest each year so if I pay £500 a month I'll probably never pay it all off. I think all student loans get wiped out after 30 years though?

Hot! Around 30Celsius average I would said. We get a couple of 35-40 days every year but I would say they are more around august.

Edit: Squishy Boobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom