• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Drake is literally invested in VR being a real thing given that his company is heavily involved with the VR push into the mainstream. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's towing the company line in that regard.

Jeff Green is a black dragon. Nothing he says is true except when he admits to wanting your gold.

Oh I get he is invested but right now the only real answer to VR is that the tech is still in its infancy and the software and the concept need to prove itself to a mass market that it's worth wearing something to experience the content.

Also Jeff is the Lord of The Rings

Brashnir

That was a natural advancement of the technology. The experience of consuming the content didn't change for the person using it.

VR is a huge step forward with a huge list of things that need to work for the tech to be viable.

Maybe in 20 year's I'll be wrong but I know the market right now does not want to play motion controlled games or Kinnect games.

Maybe it just bugged me that Drake shot down somebody like Jeff Green who has seen and covered it all so callously.

My thoughts on VR are:

1) It's super cool
2) It demos really well when you put it on the first time because the wow factor is immediate
3) Using it for longer than 10 minutes seems like a really weird thing to do.
4) Games, other than some score attack and casual games, are generally played for way longer than 10 minutes.
5) Strapping a thing to your head to play a game is inconvenient.

For me, it's still just a really cool parlor trick, and not a viable display technology for any kind of real gaming. Someone on the after-hours streams said it best when they said that early VR wanted to be the next rollercoasters. It still kind of is exactly that.

I'd like to help a fellow Gaffer in need. What I am looking for:

• Someone who is a big fan of the Batman Arkham series
  • Is very much looking forward to Batman Arkham Knight
  • Has a PC that can run the game well
  • Needs to wait for a deep discount to purchase the game
If you meet that criteria let me know. I only have one key available to give away so I really want it to go to someone sure to use it and more than likely enjoy it.

I'd like to help a fellow Gaffer in need. What I am looking for:

• Someone who is a big fan of the Batman Arkham series
  • Is very much looking forward to Batman Arkham Knight
  • Has a PC that can run the game well
  • Needs to wait for a deep discount to purchase the game
If you meet that criteria let me know. I only have one key available to give away so I really want it to go to someone sure to use it and more than likely enjoy it.

I have finished all the Arkham games post AA on PC, including that Blackgate HD side game. This includes the awful DLC, too hah
Got a 770 with a 4770k
But i always wait for the arkham games to get cheap because paying 60 for a game is unfeasible

i can send you my steam profile if you want to verify these factoids

I have finished all the Arkham games post AA on PC, including that Blackgate HD side game
Got a 770 with a 4770k
But i always wait for the arkham games to get cheap because paying 60 for a game is unfeasible

i can send you my steam profile if you want to verify these factoids

I don't need to verify, I trust you. I'll PM you the key and where to redeem it.

Catching up on last night's show and just got to the Boyes/V/Lang segment and its starts off with all of them giggling like children. Fantastic.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Catching up on last night's show and just got to the Boyes/V/Lang segment and its starts off with all of them giggling like children. Fantastic.

Yep. That will be the part of the documentary where the screen turns black and white, slows down, and the voice over says "Things were great, until..."

Zaph

Man, looks like all you guys who smelt something off about the Batmobile were right. Seems to be resoundingly the main complaint about the game.

41c75da1e4e0932507899d533abf7876.gif

Man, looks like all you guys who smelt something off about the Batmobile were right. Seems to be resoundingly the main complaint about the game.

Seems like it can be fun for traversal but the puzzles, combat and mandatory batmobile encounters are almost universal seen as the games biggest issues.

I'm still baffled as to why they decided to put so much emphasis on the Batmobile. Car combat isn't exactly what I'm looking for in a Batman game and making puzzles that require tedious switching back and forth sounds terrible as well.

M.D

Just watched that Boyes/JohhnyV/Lang part

Holy crap that was hilarious and I feel so bad for him lol, was expecting him to start crying at any moment

I'm still baffled as to why they decided to put so much emphasis on the Batmobile. Car combat isn't exactly what I'm looking for in a Batman game and making puzzles that require tedious switching back and forth sounds terrible as well.

It seems if they would have left it as a traversal tool instead of a mandatory gadget for puzzles and combat it could have been a cool addition but I'm sure that thing cost a fortune to implement so it I'm sure it had to be made critical to justify the investment.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What is going on in that segment.
When did he show his number?
Best E3 of all time.

He tweeted out the number. You can see Johnny V on his phone for a while looking stoic and then shortly after Lang's phone starts buzzing with texts apparently mentioning twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom