• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm rewatching the whole thing again. Adam completely loosing his shit in the background while Johnny is trying to apologize is incredible.

that time that a dev for Ghost Recon Future Soldier begged for GB to go check his game out at PAX East because he so desperately wanted their impressions.

These things, they make me cringe sometimes.

Only just noticed the E3 thread was locked, welp

The night show was on POINT this year, loved the Adam segment and the Samantha segment last night so much.

It can't be the Joker again, they've gone to that well 3 times already. At least in Blackgate he wasn't the main baddie

Still, there are so many great bad guys to be used in the Batman series, hell, the DC universe. I get he's iconic but you can change up the storyline a little.
The twist in City was actually pretty interesting, but I would have rather enjoyed Resh al'ghul to have been the true antagonist.

i posted it in the e3 thread but the best bit of the mgs video is this

g4cTulC.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE0y6bGAjZ0

MGS5 is going to be the greatest game ever made.

The one from Gamersyde is much better. It won't have the YouTube compression. Warning, though, it is 8GB (uncompressed 1080p/60FPS)! It's so big, they are only offering it as a torrent. I've downloaded so many E3 videos from them. It's a shame EA hasn't provided anyone with direct feed videos other than the ones on YouTube. http://www.gamersyde.com/download_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_e3_gameplay_demo-35024_en.html

Now that E3 is behind us, and a weekend looms, I'd like to remind people that Austin has a really great tabletop roleplaying podcast with about 51 hours of content done so far. Here's a link to me posting about it before:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167571434&postcount=12890

I'm not one of the people on it, nor do I know any of them, I just think that it's super cool and want them to keep doing it, so I'm spreading the word.

Thanks for the heads up, I downloaded the first few episodes to check it out, just haven't gotten around to checking them out yet.

Now that E3 is behind us, and a weekend looms, I'd like to remind people that Austin has a really great tabletop roleplaying podcast with about 51 hours of content done so far. Here's a link to me posting about it before:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167571434&postcount=12890

I'm not one of the people on it, nor do I know any of them, I just think that it's super cool and want them to keep doing it, so I'm spreading the word.

Thanks for the last post, they also mentioned it on Beastcast 03. Once I clear out a bunch of my podcast backlog from e3, I'm going to give it a listen. As a pretty new GM/TTRPG player, I'm always looking for inspiration.

Deadstar

Any interesting segments in last night's show other than the last segment? I wish GB was a little more detailed about the segments.

Watch the segment before the train wreck. So you know the last segment? The previous segment was the same thing except the exact opposite in every way. Lorne Lanning was dropping science the entire segment.

Thanks for the heads up, I downloaded the first few episodes to check it out, just haven't gotten around to checking them out yet.

First episode is character creation, explaining the system they are using, and brainstorming the world they're creating. And like most episodic things, it gets way way better as it goes on.

No_Style

Any interesting segments in last night's show other than the last segment? I wish GB was a little more detailed about the segments.

I'm watching Day 3's first set of guests and I'm loving the stories. Just the press conference prep work, the story about the fight stick USB driver & more. I enjoyed it!

Edit: I'm watching the archive and I have the choice to skip ahead but Lockdown is playing and I can't....

I really prefer the Jeff-as-a-talk-show-host style of these last couple of E3 night shows over the absolute chaos of the old days. These smaller groups allow for even the more soft spoken and gun shy devs to get some time to talk about what they're there for and also allows for GB to better set up these appointments so that most of the folks sitting on the couch are better suited to one another. It still leads to random moments (like when Steve Gaynor jumped into the discussion out of nowhere) but it's a more controlled, better flowing chaos.

justjim89

Ugh, just came across a video of the GT freakouts over Shenmue and FF7 as opposed to GB's reaction, presenting it as the duders being nothing but boring cynics. I don't why that shit bugs me so much, but it does. Like, is GT what people these days want their games media to be? Cheerleaders? God forbid Giant Bomb take a more honest and measured approach to it, especially with how lazy and sleazy those two announcements seemed.

Ugh, just came across a video of the GT freakouts over Shenmue and FF7 as opposed to GB's reaction, presenting it as the duders being nothing but boring cynics. I don't why that shit bugs me so much, but it does. Like, is GT what people these days want their games media to be? Cheerleaders? God forbid Giant Bomb take a more honest and measured approach to it, especially with how lazy and sleazy those two announcements seemed.

please lets not do this again. The GB E3 thread was a hot flaming pile of garbage whenever GT's reaction was brought up.

justjim89

please lets not do this again. The GB E3 thread was a hot flaming pile of garbage whenever GT's reaction was brought up.

My bad, I didn't know it was such a shitshow in regards to that. It's not even so much GT's reaction, it's the idea that something is wrong in the way GB reacted. But I've said my piece.

Lorne Lanning is spitting mad truth about VR on Day 3 E3 stuff, I would really love to hear him on the Bomb/Beastcast to talk more in depth about stuff.

Lorne Lanning is great when it comes to talking truths. Dude is one honest mother fucker.

(except when to comes to talking about why Oddworld became exclusive to the first xbox.)

Curufinwe

Giant Bomb aren't any more honest than GT because they happen to not really care about those two games. And announcing games at E3 that a lot of people really want to play isn't lazy or sleazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom