• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was the best year for the night time liveshows and the conference streams were probably better because the conferences themselves were so good this year. I did miss Patrick, but Dan and Austin were both great.

I really, really hope we get some showfloor videos next week. I know we probably won't this year, but they are my favorite GB content and it would be a bummer if there was nothing this E3

Dany

Banned
I found myself skipping a = lot of the late night shows. Mostly because the guests weren't engaging. I wish there set up was larger so there could be more cross talk between people. Also if a guest was unfamiliar, i skipped them if the game or segment wasn't going anywhere

Anjin M

while i'd always appreciate more vinny, the bottom line for me is: the highs were much higher this year and the different panels were much more memorable. the filler guests last year really took away from my enjoyment, and in hindsight, it all blends together

last year wins in terms of conference commentary, though

I absolutely agree with this. I appreciate the smaller panels since it allow for more opportunities to talk without people being left out. That Jeff was able to get the Just Cause 3 guy to talk during the Campo Santo/Fullbright shenanigans was amazing on his part. Just imagine if there were a couple other people there being trampled on. I like shenanigans, but not at the expense of other people.

edit://
I don't remember the commentaries from last year, so I don't really know which was better. But live commentary is 100% better than video shot after the fact.

I love that we managed to make "jeff hates videogames" into a meme.

8ZweAFz.png

I had to watch the last segment again and I think it might even be better the second time around. My god that was such a dick move by Vignocci.

Hagi

Oh man that last segment was amazing I was seriously in tears. Such a dick move from Johnny V but it was legit gold to see Lang shook. I'm glad they kept the Lang Zone till the end it was a perfect way to cap a fantastic 3 days.

Only segment I skipped was Greg Miller an co because well, Greg Miller.

The whole last segment is especially funny when you consider one of them is a high-level executive at Sony, one of them is the public face of Disney's most successful video game franchise, and two-thirds of the group were on press conferences this year.

The other one runs the studio that most notably worked on a cancelled Bioshock multiplayer mode, but still. Industry bigwigs!

Just caught up on the shenanigans of last night's stream.

I don't know what to say.

I wish I watched it live, but it was from like 3:30 AM to 8:30 AM and I had to get to work for 9:00 AM, so that wasn't an options.

Tan

Eh I think picking up and doing great work on Killer Instinct is a pretty nice achievement.

not to mention great ports of capcom arcade games, hands in multiple games at a time, and Divekick. It's fun to talk smack about Lang but Iron Galaxy has become a pretty rad studio.

I hope Iron Galaxy continues doing KI, because they're really knocked it out of the park with Season 2 characters. Shit exists that's literally brand new to the genre because of them.

yatesl

That last section of day 3. I knew there was going to be trouble when I saw Johnny V and Lang next to each other, but Christ. I started choking half way through in laughter.

Up until now I thought GT's Shenmue reaction was the highlight of E3. Now it's up for debate...

santeesioux

it should be, I think. it's out in JP this year

Shit, hopefully it comes out right after I get done with Persona 5, which will hopefully be a December release since I'll just be getting done with Fallout 4 by Christmas. Plus there's Xenoblade around then, the winter holiday got really crazy in the span of a week.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
They had some really great content this E3.

Does anyone here have any experience with getting GB content on a Nexus Player, by chance? I was hoping I would be able to get the live premium streams on it but so far I can just get their Youtube channel.

After rewatching it, I think Boyes knew that Johnny was tweeting out Lang's number an let him do it. He looks over towards the phone while Johnny is typing. HE WAS IN ON IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom