• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Today is a good day to watch GB's Quick Look Throwback of Shenmue.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-throwback-shenmue/2300-1334/
unbenanntkqs89.jpg

Hagi

Where are all these vocal Shenmue fans coming from? lol can't remember anyone giving a shit when he was on stage at PAX shouting fuck Shenmue.

I'm continuing to go down this dark path and people are honestly suggesting to spam twitter accounts/make famous youtubers "fans" in order to help fund the kickstarter.

Were Shenmue fans of this magnitude always this crazy or is this a special breed that's come out?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm continuing to go down this dark path and people are honestly suggesting to spam twitter accounts/make famous youtubers "fans" in order to help fund the kickstarter.

Were Shenmue fans of this magnitude always this crazy or is this a special breed that's come out?

Because, you know, announcing the damn thing on Sony's press conference during E3 wasn't enough. I'm sure all those famous Youtubers are totally unaware of the Kickstarter.

hamchan

Desperation since they want it to reach the $10 million mark to get the "true" Shenmue and this is the last Shenmue they will ever get.

shenmue fans really are the best of us, the ones that best exemplify the basic ethos of the millennial generation

An intense need for validation mixed with incredible emotional fragility, all while justifying their unwillingness to grow up by describing it as nostalgia

But seriously though, more devs should offer a dinner in Japan as a preorder bonus, that's way better than some dumb figurine that's just going to end up in the landfill

Hagi

Where were all the vocal Yakuza fans when Dan said Yakuza sucks?

Too busy watching him walk to Taco Bell on Periscope.

tumblr_no4qe2QKEC1qbs5ujo1_400.gif

I think it's the latter. I've never come across so many people up this franchises arse before so I can only assume the Kickstarter acted as their bat signal.

Patryn

I'm more amazed by all the people who think since Shenmue got Kickstarted, it must mean that all future games will be KSed.

The thread that seriously asked if Capcom would use KS for REmake 2 blew my mind.

i went to look at the Shenmue Kickstarter comments section, and it is basically a collection of people getting together to mass spam various outlets and individuals enough in hopes they talk more about their non-existent, but obviously 'totally awesome' game.

Hagi

You need to check out the Youtube comments under that clip.

Can't remember the last time i checked the YouTube comments for anything. Just as bad as Twitter for finding people with no internal filter spewing the most inane shit on the Internet. Least people can get fired for the racist bile they post on twitter.

IaN_GAF

First of all, fantastic coverage of E3 by Giant Bomb this year.

Second, can anybody verify that I am not crazy and that the online competitive multiplayer game where you and your friends have to pilot an airship while trying to shoot the opposing team out of the sky was actually announced for the PlayStation 4? That got announced last year, right?

Hagi

First of all, fantastic coverage of E3 by Giant Bomb this year.

Second, can anybody verify that I am not crazy and that the online competitive multiplayer game where you and your friends have to pilot an airship while trying to shoot the opposing team out of the sky was actually announced for the PlayStation 4? That got announced last year, right?

Guns of Icarus online?

That's his honest opinion though (I don't think he said that it sucks), he even reviewed Yakuza 3.

it's probably my favorite series of all time, to the point where I started learning an entire fucking language so I could play it, but I could not give a single shit about who does or does not like the games except myself.

a lot of what I just said should make me sound like a crazy person, but I'm totally rational compared to this other stuff

shenmue is awesome

i TOTALLY get it if you hate it though

no judgement there

mostly I remember feeding a cat some jerky a whole lot and asking everyone if they knew chinese sailors or something, and then the game pretty much just ended

it was ok

Hagi

Thank you! I remember that looking pretty damn cool.

I think having both GB offices fighting each other in games that require actual cooperation would probably make for some awesome livestreams.

It's on sale on Steam for like £2 if you fancy giving it a try. Haven't played it myself but it certainly sounds like a novel concept.

it's probably my favorite series of all time, to the point where I started learning an entire fucking language so I could play it, but I could not give a single shit about who does or does not like the games except myself.

a lot of what I just said should make me sound like a crazy person, but I'm totally rational compared to this other stuff

That doesn't sounds crazy at all. I wish I wasn't so lazy and spent time learning the language so I could play half my games.

i went to look at the Shenmue Kickstarter comments section, and it is basically a collection of people getting together to mass spam various outlets and individuals enough in hopes they talk more about their non-existent, but obviously 'totally awesome' game.

I kinda feel bad for them because they don't realize that they aren't the first people to have that idea. Jeff or Brad has talked about how they constantly get emails about x or y cool kickstarter that they should promote on the site and all of them go straight to the trash, and I'm sure it's the same with every major gaming publication. Considering how much money pewdiepie makes I don't see why he'd give a shit about some random people asking him to promote a kickstarter, since he probably ignores a ton of requests from people who are willing to pay him to promote stuff.

I kinda feel bad for them because they don't realize that they aren't the first people to have that idea. Jeff or Brad has talked about how they constantly get emails about x or y cool kickstarter that they should promote on the site and all of them go straight to the trash, and I'm sure it's the same with every major gaming publication. Considering how much money pewdiepie makes I don't see why he'd give a shit about some random people asking him to promote a kickstarter, since he probably ignores a ton of requests from people who are willing to pay him to promote stuff.

if a gaming personality likes Shenmue enough I'm sure they know about the kickstarter, they don't need anyone to inform them about it. Someone in the main thread had the fantastic idea of spamming Evilore's PM box about it, as if the admin of a huge gaming community needs to be made aware of it or spammed into donating his own money.

Zaph

if a gaming personality likes Shenmue enough I'm sure they know about the kickstarter, they don't need anyone to inform them about it. Someone in the main thread had the fantastic idea of spamming Evilore's PM box about it, as if the admin of a huge gaming community needs to be made aware of it or spammed into donating his own money.

Seems like a great way to clean up the forum really quickly.

Let them PM away!

danm999

That whole thing is starting to make me feel gross and it's because of the fans.

I hope they get what they want but if this turns into a "be careful what you wish for" scenario I can see the vitriol flying thick and fast at Sega, Sony, Polygon and people on this forum.

Bacon

Sounds legit.

Fake edit: Props to Zaph, Alr1ght and whoever else is running the GB Unarchived channel. You're doing God's work.

That channel is fucking legit. I'm always blown away by the breadth of content that is on it. I was looking for an unarchived tnt from like 5-6 years ago and lo and behold it was there. Pretty impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom