• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just watched the quick look throwback of Shenmue. This is my first experience with anything related to Shenmue.

Boy I don't know about Shenmue you guys
It's weird to watch that and then think about people trying to get PewDiePie to play that game. You really think the YouTube LPer audience is gonna get hyped for a sequel to this slow (suh-lowwwwwww) ass Japanese soap opera from the Dreamcast era?

With that said though much like Ryan in the video I can't help but be kind of fascinated by games that aren't afraid to really linger on mundaneity and let you just steep yourself in the atmosphere of a particular place.

Dough looks a little underdone (not a fan of floppy pizza) but it's hard to tell from pictures when you've got a good crust. Still, 9/10 would definitely attempt consumption.

Suplexer

Are the E3 live stream video things (the one's were they have guests) worth watching for any other reason than Jeff throwing hard hitting questions around? That doesn't necessarily appeal to me, but I am hearing from everyone that this E3 has just been him fucking people up with tough questions. That is cool and all, but I've been consuming content from these guys long enough to know he does that type of thing. Unless they are responding with real answers I'm sort of not feeling these videos if that's really all they have to offer, if that makes any sense.

Maybe I should just watch the one with Lang, since he tends to bring the comedy, and save the other for when I need something to play in the background....

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are the E3 live stream video things (the one's were they have guests) worth watching for any other reason than Jeff throwing hard hitting questions around? That doesn't necessarily appeal to me, but I am hearing from everyone that this E3 has just been him fucking people up with tough questions. That is cool and all, but I've been consuming content from these guys long enough to know he does that type of thing. Unless they are responding with real answers I'm sort of not feeling these videos if that's really all they have to offer, if that makes any sense.

Maybe I should just watch the one with Lang, since he tends to bring the comedy, and save the other for when I need something to play in the background....

It's not just hard hitting questions, it's more of a hangout vibe than an interrogation vibe.

You can just listen to it in podcast form.

The Catlaterial Damage QL is pretty good, if only for the pet and volunteering talk. Makes even the dullest games interesting.

They're fine in audio form, though there's clearly some stuff that doesn't translate from video.

Scizzy

I have heartburn just glancing at that pizza picture. It's terrifying.

In other Dan news, I belatedly finished Metal Gear Scanlon 2 last night and Dan's childlike enthusiasm that there was a glimpse of a wrestling restaurant in Times Square during the final cut scene was admirable.

Lijik

The boyes/jv/lang finale probably works a lot better on video but i think every segment is probably fine as just audio.

valeo

Lol, what? Just because he asked one or two semi-real/serious questions he's suddenly 'fucking people up with tough questions like he's on 60 Minutes? Oooright then.

I don't know where you guys get this stuff. I mean; just watch the videos and then turn it off when you're bored? Is that hard?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The biggest secret wasn't that Shenmue 3 was coming, it was that Shenmue actually sucks.
A-fucking-men

Shenmue sucks hard. The faster people realize this the sooner they'll learn they will be disappointed with whatever the third game turns out to be. It's not even fun in a deadly premonition kind of way, it's just boring and not fun.

And fuck QTE's

Zaph

DcOUxCu.png

Wunder

Man I somehow went to the last page of this thread and watched that ASMR video. That really freaked me out for some reason, just a dude in my ear making noises with his tongue. jkfmslkgmdsfg

Zaph

how is the GeForce GTX 960?

It's fine. Is there a specific reason you're asking about that card (getting it free or cheap?) or is it just in your price range? If possible, try to stretch for the 970. Even with all the memory controversy, it's still the king of price/performance.

I haven't stayed up to date with the recent AMD cards, so it might be better to ask in this thread. Those guys are incredibly helpful.

I thought he was working on the masturbating detective girl game?

he said that nobody wants to fund or support that idea, what a stupid world we live in

So I just watched the quick look throwback of Shenmue. This is my first experience with anything related to Shenmue.

Boy I don't know about Shenmue you guys

I had either forgotten or never noticed the nightmare faces on those horrible silent hill children

e: actually the shitshow of the threads over in gaming have made this whole kickstarter worthwhile, I'm now fully on-board with the decision to resurrect the series

danm999

So between his Midwestern origins.

And his proclivity for shakily filming his terrifying ordeals;

And this;

"If you needed to get rid of a body, Dan Ryckert would get rid of a body" -Adam Boyes, 2015

And now the strange fetishisation of pizza rolls.

Can we all finally admit Dan Ryckert is Mr. Plinkett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom