• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

That channel is fucking legit. I'm always blown away by the breadth of content that is on it. I was looking for an unarchived tnt from like 5-6 years ago and lo and behold it was there. Pretty impressive!

Yeah, and now every Periscope is uploaded there too, so now I can watch Dan's oven as many times as I want!

woopWOOP

Okay, so I watched (nearly) all E3's presentations with GB's commentary this year. Made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable for me. Think I'll do the same next year.

Never really watched Giant Bomb videos before, so afterwards I checked out a "highlights" edited video of their Mario Party party (both first and sequel). Great, great stuff.

So! I'm wondering if there's any other GB videos similar to the MPP or other 'don't miss' videos that you guys know of that I should really, really watch? Thanks!

Myggen

Okay, so I watched (nearly) all E3's presentations with GB's commentary this year. Made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable for me. Think I'll do the same next year.

Never really watched Giant Bomb videos before, so afterwards I checked out a "highlights" edited video of their Mario Party party (both first and sequel). Great, great stuff.

So! I'm wondering if there's any other GB videos similar to the MPP or other 'don't miss' videos that you guys know of that I should really, really watch? Thanks!

Well, if you decided to buy a premium membership at some point, I made a list of some of the best premium content. Other than that, this list of good Quick Looks is really solid. Can't go wrong if you just start from the top.

woopWOOP

Nope, but if there's enough quality material on there I might jump on.

UPF is a weekly segment where they just fuck around and play stuff they find interesting/fun.

Totally worth the membership in and of itself, but also directly supporting them gets you ad-free content (including podcasts) and a bunch of other stuff. You can see everything on the premium upgrade page.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I want to replay MGS4 before Drew plays it and my fucking PS3 doesn't read dual layered blu-rays anymore. New PS3s are still $200+ 8 years after release. Ridic. I guess I could buy some dodgy laser replacement on ebay, though.

Sounds legit.

Fake edit: Props to Zaph, Alr1ght and whoever else is running the GB Unarchived channel. You're doing God's work.
Daniel is testing my patience with his periscopes. I wish there was a way to straight rip them, instead of capturing. My computer was unusable for 20+ minutes watching Dan's oven cooking pizza rolls.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nope, but if there's enough quality material on there I might jump on.

There is enough of a backlog that it's worth it
Load Our Last Souls/Save (especially Dark Souls and Freedom Fighters), Random PC Game, Bioforge, UPF (though there are a lot fo boring UPFs) etc. will entertain you for days. Literally.

I want to replay MGS4 before Drew plays it and my fucking PS3 doesn't read dual layered blu-rays anymore. New PS3s are still $200+ 8 years after release. Ridic. I guess I could buy some dodgy laser replacement on ebay, though.

save the old laser and turn it into a diy laser pointer of doom.

Blueray readers are the best lasers.

jgminto

Problem with MGS4 is that the only parts where it's a good MGS game are the first two chapters. It then throws out all of the interesting stealth elements for the next two chapters before bringing them back for 5 minutes in the final chapter. My NG+ save is totally useless now because it's at the start of Chapter 3 and there's no use for most of the interesting items you can get in NG+.

Yeah, actually, cinematic only episodes aren't an issue, they have the most potential for the best reactions from Drew and Dan. I look forward to them trying to piece it all together at the end, especially after the ending cinematic. I hated the prominence of the Johnny subplot when I played it but I think I'm going to love that aspect of MGScanlon more than anything so far. I want them to really dig into that relationship and how it wraps up. ha ha

tchocky

Why not just buy a digital version on PSN.

Yeah, actually, cinematic only episodes aren't an issue, they have the most potential for the best reactions from Drew and Dan. I look forward to them trying to piece it all together at the end, especially after the ending cinematic. I hated the prominence of the Johnny subplot when I played it but I think I'm going to love that aspect of MGScanlon more than anything so far. I want them to really dig into that relationship and how it wraps up. ha ha

The problem is Drew doesn't really seem to retain a ton of the stuff from previous games, so he's not gonna pick up on a ton of stuff that MGS nerds do

True but while I can imagine he doesn't remember Johnny super well from previous games, there is no missing him in MGS4. That subplot got some extra attention this time around, wrapped up nice and tight too.

Imagine if Suzuki wanted a Space Harrier sequel with the Insomniac team? But nah, we getting Shenmue 3. Congrats internet, you got what you wanted.

Shit was never gonna happen anyway :(

repeater

While searching for some videographic evidence of Jeff shouting "Fuck Shenmue" at PAX, I stumbled upon this hilarious clip instead:

Jeff Gerstmann vs. The Birds

"COME ON YOU FUCKER.. COME AT ME!"

Seriously, Jeff is right, I wish Far Cry 4 had a bird toggle in the options

Myggen

While searching for some videographic evidence of Jeff shouting "Fuck Shenmue" at PAX, I stumbled upon this hilarious clip instead:

Jeff Gerstmann vs. The Birds

"COME ON YOU FUCKER.. COME AT ME!"

Seriously, Jeff is right, I wish Far Cry 4 had a bird toggle in the options

I love that video.

edit:

2760187-laugh.jpg

Which UPF was the one where they watched some sony trailer stuff? It had people screaming from some reaction vid and I think the first gameplay demo for MGSV with all the box tech.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly though, still child's play compared to pizza hut.

pizza-hut-stuffed-meat-pie-crust-fourn-twenty__oPt.jpg

Yes, it's a meat pie stuffed crust. With ketchup on the meat pies.

Bacon

So I just watched the quick look throwback of Shenmue. This is my first experience with anything related to Shenmue.

Boy I don't know about Shenmue you guys

Tamanon

Banned
So I just watched the quick look throwback of Shenmue. This is my first experience with anything related to Shenmue.

Boy I don't know about Shenmue you guys

The biggest secret wasn't that Shenmue 3 was coming, it was that Shenmue actually sucks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I believe the idea is that you eat the pizza part first and then finish it off with the party pie because you're a fucking animal.

The biggest secret wasn't that Shenmue 3 was coming, it was that Shenmue actually sucks.

no but games on the dreamcast were perfect tho

Don't burst their happy little bubble until they start ruining other threads. :C

The fact that no one has pointed out that it was on stage at E-fucking-3 and yet still needs publicity is honestly disturbing.

I'm actually super curious how they'd update the system. Would they use Yakuza combat? Or Batman combat? There's no way they're bringing the original mechanics if they want to make it an appealing game in 2016, I sort of wonder what the reception would be to the changes.

On some level it's trickier since it's backed by customers that feel like they have some ownership over the development process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom