• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of moving back to unlimited data. Circumstances out of my control made me force to switch to a cap but it should be fixed soon

Myggen

edit: just saw Jeff say there was one thing worse he's seen on a Giant Bomb stream - what would that have been?

With how they talked about it, it was obvious that they were talking about Dave Lang's drunk meltdown during the GDC 2014 stream. He pretty much had to get a handler after that.

You are really pushing it with this shenmue thing in this thread for a bizzare reason.

If you don't like shenmue or the kickstarter i don't see why you have to keep bringing it up in this thread.

We already have a shenmue thread in Gaming which seems like the place to post about your concerns about it.

Agreed, jimmy.

It's fine. Is there a specific reason you're asking about that card (getting it free or cheap?) or is it just in your price range? If possible, try to stretch for the 970. Even with all the memory controversy, it's still the king of price/performance.

I haven't stayed up to date with the recent AMD cards, so it might be better to ask in this thread. Those guys are incredibly helpful.
They pretty much never answer my questions actually. I had to fend for myself based on the OP.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do you have options for unlimited data?

u and me mygs

Don't trust him myggen.

pbf229-miggs.jpe

daydream

Banned
i didn't go in any shenmue threads but i can already tell that the fans are defensive as fuck

don't see how shenmue is more or less on-topic than pizza rolls or final fantasy, either

Myggen

i didn't go in any shenmue threads but i can already tell that the fans are defensive as fuck

don't see how shenmue is more or less on-topic than pizza rolls or final fantasy, either

It's just that bringing that shit up in this thread for days will lead nowhere good.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Christ. I have games on Steam that I wouldn't be able to download without breaking that cap.

Hope you aren't planning on buying a digital copy of Arkham Knight.

Fun fact: I'm sitting in the library of my university right now, downloading Batman Arkham Knight on a crappy old laptop that can hardly run Steam.
Thank god for Steam backups

Do you have options for unlimited data?

No, my dorm doesn't allow that.
Hopefully I will be able to get some WLAN thingy in a month or so, so I can at least do something other than browse forums.

Zaph

the real monsters in this story are the 700+ people who watched his oven bake pizza rolls

You got people on the youtubes making bank by showing off their grocery shopping. Watching it get cooked is the next logical step.

Can't blame Dan for being ahead of the curve.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So then you're gonna transfer it to your gaming PC in your dorm? How does that work?
I create a backup, put that on a USB stick, transfer it to my gaming PC and voila.
It only takes 9 hours more.

Bought one? Can't you just use the giantbomb video buddy?

This thing I bought let's me continue downloads even after I lost connection to the internet, which is pretty useful as my phone sometimes just looses connection. Downloading it any other way just cancels everything. The thing I bought actually had a free version that worked pretty great but since I use it so much it's only fair to pay the 3$ for it.

The backup thing is useful, but also Steam will check for existing files when downloading so you can "share" the game with other Steam accounts on other computers if they own the game. Move files into correct directory, start download, and Steam will see the existing files and jump to ~99% complete.

Does Origin do that? I dump most of my games onto my physical terabyte drive rather than use my SSD, and Steam never seems to have a problem with it. But when I tried to put origin on and point it to the same directory it had Titanfall on it before, it went ahead and downloaded everything again.

Megasoum

Banned
Does Origin do that? I dump most of my games onto my physical terabyte drive rather than use my SSD, and Steam never seems to have a problem with it. But when I tried to put origin on and point it to the same directory it had Titanfall on it before, it went ahead and downloaded everything again.

In theory yes but I could never get it to work.

popo

I like cynical / realistic Jeff, but sometimes he takes against a game and nothing he sees or plays will convince him to change his view. Once over Dark Souls was that game. I predict Batman to be one of those games. Hopefully someone else is driving the QL.

I doubt it will be today anyway. All that stuff might still be on a truck and if not, you have to set it up. Maybe they will do a QL Live from the ghetto UPF set - but I doubt it.

I know what you mean popo. It seems like he has latched onto "BUT THE BATMOBILE STUFF IS DUMB YOU CAN STRAFE LIKE A TANK" and doesn't talk about any other aspect.

But they haven't really talked about the game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yeah, I played the shit out of the challenge rooms in Arkham City, and a bunch of games since then that have emulated the same combat. It's a great system, but I don't need more of it.

In Witcher 3 the combat is less "tight," but I find the progression of abilities really satisfying in a way Batman never was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom