• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not going to lie, I enjoyed my time with destiny

scratched that itch I wanted PSO2 to scratch, and it was a pretty good podcast game

they'd have to pull some shit to get me back into it, though

not going to lie, I enjoyed my time with destiny

scratched that itch I wanted PSO2 to scratch, and it was a pretty good podcast game

they'd have to pull some shit to get me back into it, though

Ok hear me out I got an idea

I think you'll like this

Destiny
2, coming out Holiday 2016

Ok hear me out I got an idea

I think you'll like this

Destiny
2, coming out Holiday 2016

You go ahead and joke, but honestly, that's probably a long enough amount of time for me to go "you know I could go for some more Destiny," and it'd be way more appealing if they just did a full-fledged sequel instead of putting more stuff into the first game.

You go ahead and joke, but honestly, that's probably a long enough amount of time for me to go "you know I could go for some more Destiny," and it'd be way more appealing if they just did a full-fledged sequel instead of putting more stuff into the first game.

Once HoW drops, it'd be a good time to jump back in~ I've been having a blast. I can't wait to see Brett and Bread run arena mode. I hope they do it <_>:

danm999

But I'm looking at the top 10 besides Mordor and I can't see why Mordor would win with at least one clearly better game right there next to it.

If you expect the GB crew to like Bayonetta 2 more than Mordor IDK what to tell you. I think only Alex made the argument it should be #1.

10th best game of the year. All that, and the only good thing that was said was "the shooting was fun", won over Wolfenstien, which everyone had nothing but good things to say about it..... This still upsets me. Wolfenstien got screwed.

I'm always surprised that people didn't give them shit for putting Jazz Punk on the top 10 when the situation wasn't any different from Destiny. Alex was the only one who wanted it on the list and his only argument was "I thought it was funny."

10th best game of the year. All that, and the only good thing that was said was "the shooting was fun", won over Wolfenstien, which everyone had nothing but good things to say about it..... This still upsets me. Wolfenstien got screwed.

Me too, what an awful choice. Wolfenstein was my GOTY #1 last year.

danm999

I'm always surprised that people didn't give them shit for putting Jazz Punk on the top 10 when the situation wasn't any different from Destiny. Alex was the only one who wanted it on the list and his only argument was "I thought it was funny."

I think it was less of a thing because most people were ambivalent to Jazzpunk whereas most of them disliked Destiny.

Alex is also a hard cold man when it comes to getting his games on the list since the Klepek betrayal in 2013.

hamchan

Because most of them liked Jazzpunk, while all of them except Brad seemed to either dislike or outright hate Destiny.

Because most of them liked Jazzpunk, while all of them except Brad seemed to either dislike or outright hate Destiny.

Jeff criticized it for getting old fast/being repetitive and no one else had any strong opinions about it. Alex was the only one that wanted it on the top 10.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jeff criticized it for getting old fast/being repetitive and no one else had any strong opinions about it. Alex was the only one that wanted it on the top 10.

And everyone else hated destiny.

Not that comparable.

It's more akin to Jeff getting syndicate on the list where he's the only one with strong opinions on it.

El_Funko

Neo Member
Jeff also liked some aspects of Destiny (mostly the shooting), and was kinda into the idea of one of the most disappointing games of the year also being on the best games of the year list because 2014 was so shitty in general.

But yeah, Wolfenstein got robbed.

hamchan

Are you sure? I thought Jeff liked it the first time but sees no value in replaying it and even if everyone else was indifferent to it, it's still a very different situation to Destiny which most of them thought was garbage.

Alex and Patrick fought to get Super Mario 3D world on the top ten list, then someone offered Patrick Papers, Please on the list instead if he dropped his support for Mario, to which he quickly accepted.

If I recall, Alex and Patrick wanted to get Super Mario 3D Land in the top 10, but Patrick allowed it to get cut in favor of Gone Home. Cause Lord knows that game didn't get enough due.

What a traitor! Just like when he left for Kotaku ;_;

Are you sure? I thought Jeff liked it the first time but sees no value in replaying it and even if everyone else was indifferent to it, it's still a very different situation to Destiny which most of them thought was garbage.

Yeah, Jeff was arguing for it not to be on the top 10. Ultimately it doesn't really matter if they did or didn't like Destiny. Vinny told Alex that he thought the game should be on the top 10 only because Alex liked it so much and the rest agreed. Then Brad wanted Destiny on the top 10 for the same reason and Alex started giving Brad shit for that. I just think it's hilarious and completely ass backwards. Criticize both or don't criticize either imo.

GOTY DISCUSSION. BLAH BLAH WHATEVER.

Yeah, we shouldn't go down this road again.

El_Funko

Neo Member
Are we discussing GOTY stuff again?

QuHUYLp.gif

So is Brad away this week too, or just last Friday? Does that mean a new Bombcast host?

I'd love to see what a Dan-hosted Bombcast is like.

hamchan

Yeah we shouldn't talk about GOTY since that's always a dark road.

I think most can see though that everyone of them is seemingly allowed 1 game they really liked to be on the list even if no one else wants it. By the end of the Destiny arguments I could hear the pity in Vinny's voice as he let Brad have his game.

Myggen

QuHUYLp.gif

So is Brad away this week too, or just last Friday? Does that mean a new Bombcast host?

I'd love to see what a Dan-hosted Bombcast is like.

Any reason to think he's off this week? I figured it was Tuesday-Friday last week.

Still talking about how they gave fucking tenth place on a top 10 list to a game people don't like seems like even more of a bullshit discussion than "is X the new hire?!". I hoped people had gotten it out of its system in the 500 page GOTY thread.

Yeah, Jeff was arguing for it not to be on the top 10. Ultimately it doesn't really matter if they did or didn't like Destiny. Vinny told Alex that he thought the game should be on the top 10 only because Alex liked it so much and the rest agreed. Then Brad wanted Destiny on the top 10 for the same reason and Alex started giving Brad shit for that. I just think it's hilarious and completely ass backwards. Criticize both or don't criticize either imo.

GOTY DISCUSSION. BLAH BLAH WHATEVER.

Yeah, we shouldn't go down this road again.

YOURE STARTIN SOUND LIKE A DESTINY SYMPATHIZER TO ME SON!

While we are at it, I was listening to GOTY 2013 yesterday while driving, and I can't believe that Dota got on that list either. and it stayed at #2 for like 2 hours!!!!! Only until the very end they tried to get it down but Brad just kept saying how perfect it was. The fact that he was the only person who played the game as well really pissed me off that it BARELY got pushed down. Vinny did say he played about two matches with Brad and said it wasn't the worst.

But when so many good games got the shaft and Dota almost gets number 2 because one person played it and thought it was the greatest game ever made.... Ugh, I don't know, I know I'm on a rant, but man, the Brad filibuster is really annoying sometimes. I have no problem with people thinking some games are the best even though it's the unpopular opinion, but when everyone actively hates that game, then just caves into the one person, it is really crappy, just like Wolfenstein/Destiny.

All this is basically me just being upset more, because I'm sure we are going to get another 45 mins dedicated to Destiny, a BAD GAME instead of maybe people playing and talking about better, actual good games. Lets stop giving bad games so much airtime. Ignore it and it will go away.

Myggen

While we are at it, I was listening to GOTY 2013 yesterday while driving, and I can't believe that Dota got on that list either. and it stayed at #2 for like 2 hours!!!!! Only until the very end they tried to get it down but Brad just kept saying how perfect it was. The fact that he was the only person who played the game as well really pissed me off that it BARELY got pushed down. Vinny did say he played about two matches with Brad and said it wasn't the worst.

But when so many good games got the shaft and Dota almost gets number 2 because one person played it and thought it was the greatest game ever made.... Ugh, I don't know, I know I'm on a rant, but man, the Brad filibuster is really annoying sometimes. I have no problem with people thinking some games are the best even though it's the unpopular opinion, but when everyone actively hates that game, then just caves into the one person, it is really crappy, just like Wolfenstein/Destiny.

I mean, it got 7th place. Seems like percieved slights here!

Yeah, Jeff became the voice of reson at the end and just said "You're lucky it's even on this list"

I miss GOTY already, even though it causes such heated discussions sometimes

El_Funko

Neo Member
Guys let's all stop talking about Destiny until that expansion comes out next week and Brad and Jeff start talking about Destiny again.

Actually Witcher 3 is the same day, so that will probably dominate the discussion?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
this is incomprehensible, how could you enjoy dr and not enjoy 999?

i guess the ost is far better on dr

Pseudoscience is hard for me to accept. The people and situation was far less interesting in 999. It had extremely bland characters, whom I didn't care for. The plot and gameplay were both extremely tedious. There was very little that engaged me outside of the base premise of the ship and game. The supernatural stuff turned me off.

DR had comical characters that were over the top. I liked the story aspects while hating any actual game portion. The story always had me wanting to see what happened next. DR was not perfect and I doubt I would ever play again.

I dislike anime and rarely listen to game audio when playing. So take those facts as you will.

Guys let's all stop talking about Destiny until that expansion comes out next week and Brad and Jeff start talking about Destiny again.

Actually Witcher 3 is the same day, so that will probably dominate the discussion?
The Destiny dlc won't be out by the time they record the bombcast.

Jintor

Pseudoscience is hard for me to accept. The people and situation was far less interesting in 999. It had extremely bland characters, whom I didn't care for. The plot and gameplay were both extremely tedious. There was very little that engaged me outside of the base premise of the ship and game. The supernatural stuff turned me off.

DR had comical characters that were over the top. I liked the story aspects while hating any actual game portion. The story always had me wanting to see what happened next. DR was not perfect and I doubt I would ever play again.

I dislike anime and rarely listen to game audio when playing. So take those facts as you will.

i'm going to have to insult you now to reinstil myself with worth as a person. please understand

If this Destiny DLC is anything like the last one it will take a hour to see it all so I am sure they could squeeze that in while they are downloading the PC version of the Wticher.

Ohhh. Maybe the East Coast cast will start up in time for us to get Vinnys take on Wticher 3?

FStop7

Banned
I know it's an oft-repeated point but it's Giant Bomb's GOTY. Their GOTY. What appeals to them. If Witcher 3 doesn't appeal to them enough for them to sink their hours into it - well, too bad I guess.

I mean it's the same thing I'm not toooooooo cut up about Wolf being ignored last year for Destiny. If they had really liked it that much more than destiny they would've said so instead of drowning in Destiny trying to find something of value in it

It's oft-repeated and always lame. They're not above criticism, especially when their decision making process is put on public display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom