• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

If Batman provokes nothing but indifference, which big budget blockbuster do we expect Jeff to like next? Can anything possibly live up to Advanced Warfare?

Forza 6
Need for Speed because the cutscenes are super dumb.
Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront maybe? He doesn't like Star Wars as a property that much but he's liked some of the games and he's liked Battlefield before.
Just Cause 3 we already know he likes.

justjim89

I'm not sure what's funnier about Dan on the new Danswers: that he's never felt sorry for himself, or that he wasn't comfortable going along with Danny saying "Everybody has a tiny penis."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I watched the QL for Doorkickers a few days ago cause I just went through my library of downloaded GB quicklooks to rewatch some older ones. Then I saw that the game was on sale during the recent Steam sale. That game is fun as hell.
Trying to complete missions without interfering is addicting and when a plan works you feel like the king of the world.

http://youtu.be/odr6QxotCiM

Thought that game looked neat during the QL but I always forgot to buy it. That's a really great game. I think that's why I like the QL format so much more than just plain reviews, seeing a game like this in action is just way more fun and tells me more about the game than a review can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMqJWo1XMAs
I feel like the RLM guys are the sort of negative nancies people imagine the giantbomb guys to be. They're so down on the whole thing lol
Man, I watched the QL for Doorkickers a few days ago cause I just went through my library of downloaded GB quicklooks to rewatch some older ones. Then I saw that the game was on sale during the recent Steam sale. That game is fun as hell.
Trying to complete missions without interfering is addicting and when a plan works you feel like the king of the world.

http://youtu.be/odr6QxotCiM

Thought that game looked neat during the QL but I always forgot to buy it. That's a really great game. I think that's why I like the QL format so much more than just plain reviews, seeing a game like this in action is just way more fun and tells me more about the game than a review can.

I wish it had some sort of "wait X seconds" command like Frozen Synapse does. Having to coordinate breaches with the go codes is neat but gets really repetitive since all you want is for your team to wait for the flashbang before squeezing into the door like a bunch of idiots.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wish it had some sort of "wait X seconds" command like Frozen Synapse does. Having to coordinate breaches with the go codes is neat but gets really repetitive since all you want is for your team to wait for the flashbang before squeezing into the door like a bunch of idiots.

Yeah, I noticed that too. That would be neat.

a slice of life podcast about a panda that runs a cafe.

it's at least funnier than seinfeld.

wait i thought it was a polar bear

Shirokuma.Cafe.full.1092310.jpg

I wonder if they worked on any other content at E3 that might get released later. I'd love to watch Dan actually go through the Oculus demo he was talking about, if Vinny was there filming it. In retrospect talking over a bunch of conferences and 3 nights of panels isn't a big content haul from an E3, atleast compared to what other major sites (Gamespot, IGN, etc) were putting out.

I've lost most hope of us getting any edited E3 floor video/montages this year, kind of a bummer

Myggen

Thanks for posting the QL. Seems like the main page isn't updating right now, neither the Danswers episode nor this QL can be found there.

Myggen

That red Batman suit looks fucking awesome!

That said, I think I'm done with the Batman games. For as awesome as this looks visually, franchise fatigue set in real quick for me with these games for some reason. Adding a tank/car doesn't do it for me.

Yeah it sounds like Mark Hamill, but Troy Baker does a helluva Joker.

[EDIT] I like how they made it a big deal that Joker wasn't the antagonist in this game, and then were like "But let's just put him in and feature him very prominently anyway." It seems like they really pulled their punch.

Oooh, it's from FFVIII. I'm immediately skeptical when people love these sort of small parts of old games, because they're usually remembering them far more fondly than they warrant and/or still enjoy it because of nostalgia alone. Like Blitzball.

That Gwent though.

I was going to disagreee with you, but then I remembered Random Rule.

FF VIII is a legit good game on many levels in addition to TT.

Patryn

If Batman provokes nothing but indifference, which big budget blockbuster do we expect Jeff to like next? Can anything possibly live up to Advanced Warfare?

Can I just ask: What ever gave you the idea that Jeff would be excited for Batman?

He's been kind of down on the experience for a while now, feeling that it's been played out.

As for the answer to your question, it'll likely be something totally out of left field. Look at Syndicate and Advanced Warfare. Who would have predicted him loving those so much?

Yeah it sounds like Mark Hamill, but Troy Baker does a helluva Joker.

[EDIT] I like how they made it a big deal that Joker wasn't the antagonist in this game, and then were like "But let's just put him in and feature him very prominently anyway." It seems like they really pulled their punch.

Baker was so good in Origins, it also helped that he actually had a good script to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom