• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

fucking Blackest Night

Hey here's a power ring that makes everyone zombies if they've died even once which is fucking everybody in a comic book universe

One night I fell into a rabbit hole of reading up on the Superior Spider Man story on wikis and such and it felt simultaneously like the greatest and dumbest story I've ever heard. It must be how people who aren't fans of wrestling or Metal Gear feel.

Teddified

I'm someone who understands a good amount of Kingdom Hearts story, and thinks while convoluted it's not really a hard story/narrative to understand. So It's hard for me to judge the craziness of a story.

Jintor

Well of course, but everyone else was all about that Batman, while I always liked the sidekick.

bat family is so fucking good

dick grayson? rad
jason todd? antihero rad
tim drake? teen rad
barbara gordon? oracle rad
cass cain? badass esl rad
steph brown? happy fun time rad
damien wayne? little shit rad

bruce wayne? animated series rad

kate kane outlier, not sure if actual batfamily, fairly rad

Teddified

how

Tell me your secrets, nothing in that game series makes any sense to me.

I've played 1 and 2 at least 2 times each and all the nobody and shadow stuff makes enough sense to me. And If I'm confused about something I'll just look it up online.

Don't get me wrong it's all crazy BS but I understand it well enough.

bat family is so fucking good

dick grayson? rad
jason todd? antihero rad
tim drake? teen rad
barbara gordon? oracle rad
cass cain? badass esl rad
steph brown? happy fun time rad
damien wayne? little shit rad

bruce wayne? animated series rad

kate kane outlier, not sure if actual batfamily, fairly rad

conveniently skipping over Azrael, I see

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
dude had good hair and THAT WAS IT

But he's either Robot Batman or also maybe some kind of magic armor that sucks out your soul for Jesus or something? I fell down a wiki hole one night when I found out Azreal wasn't just the d-bag early 90s Batman and I've regretted it since.

Kaizer

Banned
Idk, Arkham Knight Quicklook made me more excited to play the game tomorrow, it's a Rocksteady Batman game, you sorta know what you're in for by this point if you've played the previous entries. I'd probably be feeling more of a sense of fatigue & boredom with this series if it was annualized like Assassin's Creed, but thankfully the games have been spaced out far enough that I'm thirsting for another Batman experience. Couple that with the game looking fucking stellar & costumes you can use right from the beginning of the story and I'm pretty hyped.

My only sadness is I wish other superheroes/comics could get this same level of game series development.

It just occurs to me that this means Giant Bomb is becoming anime.

tumblr_npsbjpRr481qzzd6io1_540.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't remember Jason Todd going around killing civilians. Then again I haven't read much with Red Hood.

His whole thing is I KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE BATMAN WONT and then when he wasn't that anymore he was cool badass rebel who uses guns and fucks all the girls with his faux-crow wit

His whole redesign looks like he came out of Bloodstrike.

Idk, Arkham Knight Quicklook made me more excited to play the game tomorrow, it's a Rocksteady Batman game, you sorta know what you're in for by this point if you've played the previous entries. I'd probably be feeling more of a sense of fatigue & boredom with this series if it was annualized like Assassin's Creed, but thankfully the games have been spaced out far enough that I'm thirsting for another Batman experience. Couple that with the game looking fucking stellar & costumes you can use right from the beginning of the story and I'm pretty hyped.

My only sadness is I wish other superheroes/comics could get this same level of game series development.

Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I skipped out on Origins so I really don't mind playing another Batman game, especially one that looks this gorgeous. The Batmobile stuff didn't seem outwardly terrible in the Quick Look either.

It can't be more disappointing than The Witcher 3!

justjim89

Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I skipped out on Origins so I really don't mind playing another Batman game, especially one that looks this gorgeous. The Batmobile stuff didn't seem outwardly terrible in the Quick Look either.

It can't be more disappointing than The Witcher 3!

What

Completely bounced off of me. Didn't care for the combat, the world, the story, the characters, the leveling system, the inventory system, the movement, the horseback riding, or how missions all felt like slogs.

I should give it another shot, probably after Batman. I got it and Battlefield Hardline in the same sale and enjoyed Hardline infinitely more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All this AK stuff is making me want to finally play Origins. I got the strangest sequel fatigue with this series seeing as I loved Asylum (one of my favorite games ever) and i struggled to finish City, it did nothing for me. Reminds me of Infamous that way. Maybe j just don't like sequels :/

But yeah might finally play Origins soon

All this AK stuff is making me want to finally play Origins. I got the strangest sequel fatigue with this series seeing as I loved Asylum (one of my favorite games ever) and i struggled to finish City, it did nothing for me. Reminds me of Infamous that way. Maybe j just don't like sequels :/

But yeah might finally play Origins soon

I think Origins is a bad version of City. If you didn't like City I don't think Origins will change your mind. Even the combat somehow ended up worse in Origins.

Jintor

Completely bounced off of me. Didn't care for the combat, the world, the story, the characters, the leveling system, the inventory system, the movement, the horseback riding, or how missions all felt like slogs.

I should give it another shot, probably after Batman. I got it and Battlefield Hardline in the same sale and enjoyed Hardline infinitely more.

wow, funny, witcher 3 got me hardcore. combat does suck in the beginning though and now that i'm super OP it's still not as enjoyable as I'd like

horseback riding sucks forever

Jintor

I love the episode of Anime Batman where he joined the music club. Classic Anime Batman.

how about that one episode when he was late for school and had to run there with his bread in his mouth, and then he ran round the corner and bumped into that girl?

classic anime batman

danm999

His whole thing is I KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE BATMAN WONT

Let's be honest.

Batman has probably killed dozens of people.

Between debilitating injuries. Heart conditions. Psychological terror. Batman probably has a pretty nice body count to his name, he can just say it was directly by his own hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom