• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, that does happen a lot and it sucks. Quickly hit run again to get moving, and if you have your sword raised you get some slo mo breathing room if the enemy is close. Definitely not in "so bad I don't even use it" territory for me.

I could suck at it but 20 hours in and I still stop and get off the horse for combat every single time. It's possible for me to kill things but there's absolutely nothing precise about it and when playing on harder difficulties there isn't a lot of wiggle room for "I hope this hits or I don't get stuck". I could practice more but riding the horse isn't an enjoyable thing so I don't. At least you don't have to do platforming with it, I do appreciate that.

Did they at least make the side quest stuff stand out more? I never saw Azrael in AC and completely missed his side stuff when I played through that game. Didn't even know about it until after I finished.

Which was a shame. I really liked AC's approach to the side stuff, where there weren't that many but each one was pretty damn good.

Enough of this Batman talk, let's all talk about the best game about punching shit that came out today, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition!

Right!?

Moldiver

Need to start a Kickstarter to get Alex a new PC so he can watch his fav YouTube celebrity.

hHvjoDu.jpg

Iphone, why you make image huge.

Ended up at link from a post from a Shenmue fan on FB...man those guy's really love that game. I mean I do to, still have my original copy but man, they really like shenmue.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, most of the outside encounters are fine on horseback. Really dense forest areas are places I jump off and fight on foot though.

I think my bigger issue is some of the monster contract jobs where you have to fight in tiny confined caves and are expected to dodge attacks. Like, you do all this preparation and put down lures to give yourself the biggest advantage in a fight, and then the location Geralt chooses is this tiny-ass cave where you can't see shit.

Yeah tbh I never bother with horseback fighting for anything other than: drowners or wolves I'm killing just for the hell of it, or single big dudes guarding a chest who are too high level for me (I have a bad habit of just exploring every marker before following quests).

Also yeah, the confined fights are messy.
The ekimmara
under the house in that village, if you know the one I mean, was really hampered by the shitty room you're stuck in. I found my groove with it, dodging and using quen, but it wasn't really fun. Similarly,
the chort
fight in the cave annoyed me a bit. It was fairly straightforward but I was kinda looking forward to fighting this big creature out in the open.

I could suck at it but 20 hours in and I still stop and get off the horse for combat every single time. It's possible for me to kill things but there's absolutely nothing precise about it and when playing on harder difficulties there isn't a lot of wiggle room for "I hope this hits or I don't get stuck". I could practice more but riding the horse isn't an enjoyable thing so I don't. At least you don't have to do platforming with it, I do appreciate that.

to be fair, now that I think of it, I'm usually claw gripping my controller all weird so that I have control over movement/camera/sword/run all at once, so I would definitely agree it has problems.

I see a few journos and devs mentioning on Twitter they are sick (obviously after E3).

Odds on a sick Bomb Duder...

Dan and Brad are Even odds

Jeff and Vinny are long shots.

Everyone else is stuck in the middle.

I still feel weird that there wasn't any kind of discount for people who already had DMC4, like with how Guacamelee discounted their STC edition for people who had the base game.

But it's $25, which isn't exactly breaking the bank.

I see a few journos and devs mentioning on Twitter they are sick (obviously after E3).

Odds on a sick Bomb Duder...

Dan and Brad are Even odds

Jeff and Vinny are long shots.

Everyone else is stuck in the middle.

Brad didn't go this year, Bad Brad did

Bad Brad doesn't let sissy viruses mess with him

Does anyone else find it weird that Patrick will just solicit Twitter for sources to a story? Like he just sent out a tweet looking for people who have worked on bad PC ports. That seems like a lazy way to go about your job.

Does anyone else find it weird that Patrick will just solicit Twitter for sources to a story? Like he just sent out a tweet looking for people who have worked on bad PC ports. That seems like a lazy way to go about your job.

nope

it sounds like leveraging a broad-reaching tool to be more effective at his job

Also yeah, the confined fights are messy.
The ekimmara
under the house in that village, if you know the one I mean, was really hampered by the shitty room you're stuck in. I found my groove with it, dodging and using quen, but it wasn't really fun. Similarly,
the chort
fight in the cave annoyed me a bit. It was fairly straightforward but I was kinda looking forward to fighting this big creature out in the open.

That second one you mentioned is the exact quest I did last night that annoyed the hell out of me. I was a bit under-leveled, which added to the aggravation. That one's far from the worst offender, though.

I still feel weird that there wasn't any kind of discount for people who already had DMC4, like with how Guacamelee discounted their STC edition for people who had the base game.

But it's $25, which isn't exactly breaking the bank.
I guess it being a ps3 and 360 game would make an upgrade more hassle than it's worth to offer it across all platforms.

Finally finished the E3 shows.

That last segment. Maaaaaaaan.......

I think the single couch resulted in a better show over all though. last year once they started having people on it seemed like everyone was talking over everyone else. This set up worked out great. Also I said it before but Jeff needs to think of a way to do more interviews. Dude has more knowledge about the industry then just about anyone in the press these days.

I see nothing wrong with what Patrick is doing. So long as he vets his sources it's a ok by me

the only thing that's weird is that people aren't used to seeing the sausage being made

this is literally no different than BCC emailing a bunch of people he knows, except that he has the potential to reach even further than his own previously established networks

people are weird

Yeah I don't think it's out of the ordinary to look for sources on Twitter, but I also think it could make for a boring article where the "sources" aren't all that experienced or relevant.

Or it will be great, what the hell do I know?

tchocky

Yeah I don't think it's out of the ordinary to look for sources on Twitter, but I also think it could make for a boring article where the "sources" aren't all that experienced or relevant.

Or it will be great, what the hell do I know?

He did the same thing for his story on E3 demos and that turned out great.

So we can confirm now that Brad - and by extension Defense of the Ancients Two - ruined Asa Butterfield's acting career as he was passed on for the upcoming Spiderman film(s).

Thanks to brad he'll only be Hugo and Ender now.

Thanks brad.

Anjin M

I think the single couch resulted in a better show over all though. last year once they started having people on it seemed like everyone was talking over everyone else. This set up worked out great. Also I said it before but Jeff needs to think of a way to do more interviews. Dude has more knowledge about the industry then just about anyone in the press these days.

I agree with this assessment. I really think that the way they have been running the E3 shows was much more fitting to Ryan's expertise. He could wrangle a big crowd like that. The smaller, more interview like setting aligns better with Jeff's strengths. He was actually in control of those segments and it was a blast. I'm glad they found a format that works for him instead of hanging on to what worked in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom