• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man now I feel bad for trying to say hello to Danny between interviews at E3. He didn't respond, so I figured he was too busy and didn't try again.

Why do you feel bad?

Oh because he sounded like he was stressed from the distractions on the Bombcast. I contemplated not even trying because he was so busy. I got to see lots of people there anyway, though now I'm regretting not trying any of the VR stuff.

Edit: Real means royal in Spanish doesn't it?

Up oh, Driveclud shilling is going to intensify, it looks like the psn plus edition is finally up on the store :)

Seriously? The game has improved so much since its disastrous launch. I honestly don't think it deserves the hate it receives anymore. At launch, yes it deserved all the derision it received as it was a total wreck. But most of the issues of the game have been solved (it took long enough, though). As for Jeff's issues with the game, unfortunately those are things that can't be fixed with a patch and hopefully will be addressed if a sequel is green lit. I honestly think a lot of people's opinions of the game may start skewing more in the positive direction.

santeesioux

Seriously? The game has improved so much since its disastrous launch. I honestly don't think it deserves the hate it receives. At launch, yes it deserved all the derision as it was a total wreck. But most of the issue of the game have been solved (it took long enough, though). As for Jeff's issues with the game, unfortunately, those are things that can't be fixed with a patch and hopefully will be addressed if a sequel is green lit. I honestly think a lot of people's opinions of the game may start skewing more in the positive direction.

I was just having a laugh, I've never even played it. It's just funny because at some point it seemed like half of the front page of gaming was full of Driveclub topics.

Curufinwe

Seriously? The game has improved so much since its disastrous launch. I honestly don't think it deserves the hate it receives. At launch, yes it deserved all the derision as it was a total wreck. But most of the issue of the game have been solved (it took long enough, though). As for Jeff's issues with the game, unfortunately, those are things that can't be fixed with a patch and hopefully will be addressed if a sequel is green lit. I honestly think a lot of people's opinions of the game may start skewing more in the positive direction.

The cars handle superbly in DC, and there's games like Project Cars, Forza and eventually GT7 for people who want to able to tweak stuff in their racing games, so I hope they don't do a thing to fix Jeff's personal issues with the game.

Oh because he sounded like he was stressed from the distractions on the Bombcast. I contemplated not even trying because he was so busy. I got to see lots of people there anyway, though now I'm regretting not trying any of the VR stuff.

Edit: Real means royal in Spanish doesn't it?

I think it means real

I was just having a laugh, I've never even played it. It's just funny because at some point it seemed like half of the front page of gaming was full of Driveclub topics.

Yeah, some people go nuts for it. I'm glad people can try it without buying it (provided they have PS+). I honestly think we're going to see a lot of positive LTTP threads on the game. So, if you think there were a lot of front page Driveclub threads, I think there will be even more.

The cars handle superbly in DC, and there's games like Project Cars, Forza and eventually GT7 for people who want to able to tweak stuff in their racing games, so I hope they don't do a thing to fix Jeff's personal issues with the game.

Yeah, I enjoy the handling. The only thing I can see people having issues with the driving is the collisions into walls. There is just no impact to them. You simply deflect off. I have no problem with it, as I am typically bad at racing games and when I have a wall collision, it is not disastrous for me.

I finally finished LTTP for the first time ever. I've been dying to play ALBW since I picked up a New 3ds around launch but couldn't come around to it without having played LTTP.

and yo, LTTP was a fun game! needed a guide a couple of times because either i'm an idiot or because some things were not super obvious but i'm glad i got around to it. Now i can see what this ALBW stuff that GB talked so much about is all about. About.

I finally finished LTTP for the first time ever. I've been dying to play ALBW since I picked up a New 3ds around launch but couldn't come around to it without having played LTTP.

and yo, LTTP was a fun game! needed a guide a couple of times because either i'm an idiot or because some things were not super obvious but i'm glad i got around to it. Now i can see what this ALBW stuff that GB talked so much about is all about. About.

I really need to sit down and play a Zelda game some day.

ALBW isn't nearly as good as LTTP. It's fun and easily better than the DS entries, but it's among the worst top-down Zelda games. It's still worth a play, though.

my only fear with playing ALBW is getting burned out on the world map. Does ALBW use the same world map as LTTP? Because i'm sick of having to use the dumb mirror to go back to Hyrule from the Dark World and then calling that suspiciously strong seagull to carry me to one of 8 random as hell warp points.

Stupid bird didn't pick up my calls in the Dark World.

my only fear with playing ALBW is getting burned out on the world map. Does ALBW use the same world map as LTTP? Because i'm sick of having to use the dumb mirror to go back to Hyrule from the Dark World and then calling that suspiciously strong seagull to carry me to one of 8 random as hell warp points.

Stupid bird didn't pick up my calls in the Dark World.

Mostly, yeah. You use a witch instead of a seagull and instead of a mirror, you go through cracks in the walls.

Edit: I believe the witch/broom works in both worlds, but I could be remembering wrong.

Brashnir

Yep, Link to the Past is real good. After playing several newer Zelda games and hating all of them, I wondered if I just didn't like Zelda at all anymore. Then I picked up a LTTP cart (which I somehow managed to never play) and loved it.

i just want to see the much talked about weather effects.

I may be wrong, but since the only available tracks in the PS+ Edition are the Indian tracks, you'll only get to see the rain effects. So, if you want the snow effects, you'll need the Canadian, Norwegian, and/or Scottish tracks. I'm not sure if snow will happen in the Japanese tracks. Definitely no snow in the Chilean tracks. So if the PS+ Edition grabs you, the pricing is $24.99 for the full game ($39.99 without PS+), with the season pass priced at $24.99, if I'm not mistaken. So, to have the full experience, it will cost you about $50 (or about $64 without PS+).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
thanks. Should've have been obvious that the "super" in Jeff's tweet isn't his own qualifier.

I think that was in the original title too? I'm not sure, I'm not as up to date on my "Janky Bible themed doom clones released without Nintendo's approval on the SNES" lore.

Even if it's just a UPF segment though, it would be hilarious to see video content for that game.

jaina

I think that was in the original title too? I'm not sure, I'm not as up to date on my "Janky Bible themed doom clones released without Nintendo's approval on the SNES" lore.

Even if it's just a UPF segment though, it would be hilarious to see video content for that game.

well now I even botched my witty excuse :p it was the full original title. glad it's the end of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom