• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Meant to post this here, posted it in the Bombcast thread by mistake...

so:

11402834_10153290283175202_4481766368627558926_n.jpg

I have a Galaxy S5, is that supposed to work with the Galaxy VR and is that a worthwhile investment? Most of the coverage was around the console and Oculus VR stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love these guys, but every time I hear stuff like "there's a steam page but do we know if it's day and date?" and none of them know, when they already announced that it is in fact day and date, always makes me cringe a bit. Like come on guys, the average forum goer knows this, you should aswell :/

Edit: talking about no mans sky pc btw

Meant to post this here, posted it in the Bombcast thread by mistake...

so:

Did we ever get an explanation why they modified the PS Move Sharp Shooter? They removed the extender to make room for a second nav controller. Are they selling these, or was this just a prototype?

Megasoum

Banned
KENTIA IS NIGH

Dat Ryan headband

edit - Kasavin looking like a chump believing the Killzone 2 trailer.

Jeff said recently that the head of Sony PR straight up told him that the Killzone trailer was real that day. They had no reason to believe it wasn't at that point.

Brashnir

Jeff said recently that the head of Sony PR straight up told him that the Killzone trailer was real that day. They had no reason to believe it wasn't at that point.

They had eyes. Anyone who had seen videogames for most of their lives could tell that shit wasn't realtime. I knew instantly.

Megasoum

Banned
Yes, it was my first time seeing anything pretending to be on a new console that couldn't possibly exist at the time too. And yet somehow I knew.

Well jeez, sorry I ever doubted your amazing deduction ability I guess.

You should work in the industry, you'd be killing it.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah that was a great documentary and a great blast from the past.

Also lol Starcraft Ghost

Other thing, I'm glad they got rid of all the booth babes bullshit, this was ridiculous in 2005.

Oh yeah also, lol at Rorie and the other guys freaking out over "Leeroy Jenkins" coming out lol.

Edit: Oh wow... The E3 Horn is an actual dude playing a horn out a window on the second floor hahahaha

With everything surrounding Kojima and Metal Gear Solid V, it'll be so fucked if Drew doesn't experience 4 before it comes around, because you me and everyone else knows that after V, nothing in 4 will fucking faze Drew. Dan and Drew will be like DeNiro and Walken in The Deer Hunter, some nightmarish shit that they won't be the same person afterwards.

With everything surrounding Kojima and Metal Gear Solid V, it'll be so fucked if Drew doesn't experience 4 before it comes around, because you me and everyone else knows that after V, nothing in 4 will fucking faze Drew. Dan and Drew will be like DeNiro and Walken in The Deer Hunter, some nightmarish shit that they won't be the same person afterwards.

I think they wanted to cover both 4 and Peace Walker before Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. So, I doubt they'll be caught up to the Metal Gear Solid V duology before The Phantom Pain releases.

I mean, I burned through Peace Walker, it's okay, but nothing really that memorable or life changing. Just get through 4, screw PW. I feel like Ground Zeroes sets it up well enough in the aftermath of Snake Eater - Big Boss going off and setting up his own thing after getting burned by FOXHOUND.

You think Drew knows that in MGS4
Big Boss is in the end?

Cause once that went out, it was pretty much everywhere once the smoke cleared and everyone finished it already.

You think Drew knows that in MGS4
Big Boss is in the end?

Cause once that went out, it was pretty much everywhere once the smoke cleared and everyone finished it already.

I doubt he would have recognized the significance of it and has probably totally forgotten, especially in the aftermath of Snake Eater. It would be a pretty damn rad reveal.

I dunno. It's weird because I have a lot of nostalgia for the marketing campaigns leading up to 2 through 4 and I feel like unlike any other game they were really a core part of the experience, I mean just look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcfx3wkYUXw

Like the very first trailer for 4 was a straight up FPS, what even was that. AND THEN IT CUTS TO OLD FUCKING MAN SNAKE, LIKE WHAT THE SHIT.

I mean, I burned through Peace Walker, it's okay, but nothing really that memorable or life changing. Just get through 4, screw PW. I feel like Ground Zeroes sets it up well enough in the aftermath of Snake Eater - Big Boss going off and setting up his own thing after getting burned by FOXHOUND.

Not really, considering characters like Paz, Chico, Kaz, and even Amanda are in GZ. As mediocre as it is, Peacewalker is kind of needed if you really care enough about the Metal Gear lore.

I doubt he would have recognized the significance of it and has probably totally forgotten, especially in the aftermath of Snake Eater. It would be a pretty damn rad reveal.

I dunno. It's weird because I have a lot of nostalgia for the marketing campaigns leading up to 2 through 4 and I feel like unlike any other game they were really a core part of the experience, I mean just look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcfx3wkYUXw

Like the very first trailer for 4 was a straight up FPS, what even was that. AND THEN IT CUTS TO OLD FUCKING MAN SNAKE, LIKE WHAT THE SHIT.

They'll probably do a recap before starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom