• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
look, the only move you need to know in any DMC is the one where you uppercut someone with your sword to launch them into the air and then shoot them a bunch.

anything after that is just videogame masturbation

thats how I finsihed every DMC game lol.

tumblr_mhxigltXa51r0lwogo1_400.gif

You guys need to get more motivated.

Curufinwe

Jeff's comments about how death threat happy Sega fans were back in the day reminded me of all the shit GB took last year for not being outspoken enough about vile internet abuse. Like it was a brand new phenomenon they didn't understand.

Jeff's comments about how death threat happy Sega fans were back in the day reminded me of all the shit GB took last year for not being outspoken enough about vile internet abuse. Like it was a brand new phenomenon they didn't understand.

? They didn't wanna give a podium to GG, they made the right choice.

The best part of all of that is literally nobody in GamerGate would stop being a Gator if an internet personality said GG was bad, they'd just go on the "boycott" list which ends up in nothing but a handful of gamergators pirating their premium content.

And yet a few of those outspoken voices are still convinced Giant Bomb "owes" them a hefty paycheck because they didn't "police" their community or whatever.

Frenden

Banned
OMG Listening to Alt-F1 as a Montrealer is infuriating... THIS IS NOT HOW YOU PRONOUNCE POUTINE GOD DAMMIT.

And the worse part is that there's a dude from Vancouver that writes in to tell them how to pronounce it and he's 100% wrong.

I think it's time to start a Canada beef letter chain on Alt-F1.
I was in Montreal for that race and had poutine for the first time (I used to have work in Toronto a bit, but never tried it there).

I called it, phonetically, poo-teen. What's right?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have a timestamp? Also, why do all new browser audio players not have a volume slider?

edit: 13:25

lol. Patrick made an off hand joke to Totillo back in January. Said that maybe sitting E3 out this year might be fun. Totillo didn't get the joke and so didn't put him down as going.

Man, I can't wait for Hulk Hogan to put the leg drop of doom on the evil Gawker empire.

No_Style

Poutine pronunciation is an ongoing annoyance so I just say Pout-tine (rhymes with nine) for funsies with friends and piss off everyone who takes it too seriously.

You can follow @No_Style on Twitter for hot takes on games, football, hand egg, technology and whatever I fancy.

Catching up on the final E3 video - I loved Lisa's dance moves! (and Danny and Samantha's twerking all up in Dan's mush!)

Also, Hit Detection is a pretty amazing name for a mock review/consultancy company.

Heading into the final segment now (after Lockdown, naturally). I better buckle up.

EDIT -
Hey I wanna follow you dummies on Twitter
@giantfryingpan

Brashnir

The stuff they added to the matching just feels like obstacles more than anything (Here's a bunch of squares that can lead to nothing when you match them! Here's some that add to a currency but don't help out during the actual gameplay segments!) and it makes the game a total hassle compared to 10,000,000. It's way more of a pain in the ass to just do some God damn damage to an enemy.

Now that you mention it, though, the stuff outside of matching seems really bloated too. Having to tap on boxes to open them and wait for the character to run all the way to the front of the boat to start the run gets annoying as hell in extended play sessions.

Yeah. I don't really mind it except for when a killing blow sets off a huge chain reaction.

You were still collecting gold, wood, stone, and crates in 10,000,000 that did nothing in the dungeon, so it's really not different in that regard. Some of the quests are quite a bit more specific though.

But yeah, the tapping stuff is flat-out obnoxious, I'll give you that.

Minor interface spoiler:
At some point in the game your guy stops running around the boat and starts teleporting, so that's something at least, but I feel you on that one too

Jothel

Never eaten Poutine... Maybe Tokyo has somewhere that will do it. How cheesey does it actually taste?

I talked myself out of Destiny and bought a pink yarn Yoshi Amiibo and Yoshi's Woolly World instead. My Amiibo arrived today but no sign of the game yet.
Have a tea party with your Yoshi Amiibo?

popo

Only correct way to right this wrong is to send Patrick to hellish mass of German humanity called gamescom.

Send him to Russian Gaming Week

You like guns da? You want girls? You give good review da? Maybe vi can discuss matter in lap-dancing sushi bar. Vladimir like good reviews.

22(57).jpg

Hm.

I know some of you have to be on Reddit, so what subreddits are your favorite and why?

I personally love r/awwducational because great animal pictures and facts, and the mods know their shit enough to sniff out the fakes.

Hey I wanna follow you dummies on Twitter

@chaobreaker

Hm.

I know some of you have to be on Reddit, so what subreddits are your favorite and why?

I personally love r/awwducational because great animal pictures and facts, and the mods know their shit enough to sniff out the fakes.

I mostly go to niche gaming subreddits (monsterhunter, dota2, fallout, etc.) and enjoy myself watching reddit implode from within on subredditdrama.

Megasoum

Banned
Johnny V really had no idea how fucking terrible the timing was on tweeting Lang's phone number. Not that there's ever a good time to do that but ouch this week must be rough for him.

Johnny V really had no idea how fucking terrible the timing was on tweeting Lang's phone number. Not that there's ever a good time to do that but ouch this week must be rough for him.

He got a new number a while ago, I believe.

"a while" being two days ago, just before this shit hit the fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom