• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the DMC4SE QL broken or something? it keeps stopping for me at the same spot about 7 min in as they start talking about the rev mechanic

happened on the video buddy app twice and now just happened in chrome. can't even skip past that point, it just closes the video entirely

never had this happen before, gonna just watch it on youtube i guess

is the DMC4SE QL broken or something? it keeps stopping for me at the same spot about 7 min in as they start talking about the rev mechanic

happened on the video buddy app twice and now just happened in chrome. can't even skip past that point, it just closes the video entirely

Yeah watch it on youtube

LiK

worked fine for me on GB earlier today

danm999

Well, looks like my local JB HI Fi has pulled all the physical copies of Arkham Knight PC off the shelves.

What a disaster for WB.

justjim89

So does the rule of three apply to becoming the internet's new public enemy #1? If so, who wants to take bets on what other Giant Bomb after show panelist will have some sort of mob after them this week? Dave Lang and Luke Smith (mostly through decisions they probably couldn't have actually made any better) have set a high bar.

Greg Miller has actually been going out dressed as Batman while shitfaced and throws beer bottles at homeless people.

FStop7

Banned
WB is apologizing by offering customers the opportunity to purchase Destiny: TKK collectors items for $20.

Update - they're also throwing in some Splatoon CE Amiibos, fresh off a truck. And some "mildly burnt" yarn Yoshis.

FStop7

Banned
So does the rule of three apply to becoming the internet's new public enemy #1? If so, who wants to take bets on what other Giant Bomb after show panelist will have some sort of mob after them this week? Dave Lang and Luke Smith (mostly through decisions they probably couldn't have actually made any better) have set a high bar.

Has Ryan Macdonald ever been on a Giant Bomb show? Because he launched a drone strike against the White House.*

rQhSruc.gif

People seemed pretty angry at JV (but only GBers would be really aware of his transgressions). Dave Lang has had a pretty bad week, huh?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GBeast needs to take a look at Her Story. That game looks really interesting, and it has FMVinny written all over it.

Finished it and it's awesome. Still need to unlock all the clips

That last segment of the E3 Day 3 stream was a real fucking
glorious
mess.
the console ports of Batman run great. why doesn't everyone just buy a console. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No they don't, they run at like half the framerate I would expect.

I'm just gonna buy the PC version discounted some time during the fall if they get it all fixed

Noaloha

I'm not sure a QL of Her Story would be a good idea. I feel like it would need to be prepped for extensively beforehand, like practiced, with just certain search words used and select clips played. Otherwise, the possibility for stumbling across sections of the interview that hint toward or outright reveal certain (huge) facts about the case is totally possible, probable even. Maybe a very short 'heads up, I'm really enjoying this' sort of QL, just five or ten minutes long.

justjim89

I'm not sure a QL of Her Story would be a good idea. I feel like it would need to be prepped for extensively beforehand, like practiced, with just certain search words used and select clips played. Otherwise, the possibility for stumbling across sections of the interview that hint toward or outright reveal certain (huge) facts about the case is totally possible, probable even. Maybe a very short 'heads up, I'm really enjoying this' sort of QL, just five or ten minutes long.

Or they could put up a spoiler warning and just play through the whole thing.

Noaloha

Those two arguments just sound way too simple and reductive and I don't agree they're being responsibly applied for a game as plot-dependent and short as Her Story. At the very least it turns on matters of "What is the purpose of a QL?"

I genuinely think a lengthy-ish QL of the game (any part of it which shows certain Big Plot Reveals, and that's really easily done) would go beyond 'spoilers' and straight into plain old 'ruining a meaty aspect of game', or at the very least denying the viewer something fundamental to the game's intended experience. The QL would have merit only for those who already played the game, and at that point I'm not sure it falls into QL territory anymore, it's more LP-ey. I have no problem with spoilery QLs, I watch and enjoy them myself, but I think you're playing with fire if you're QLing a 2hr investigation game in which you can very easily stumble upon a major, major plot point five minutes in and one that you're kinda expected to stumble upon after around fifteen-twenty minutes.

I guess if the crew think a QL for [game] has merit as a thing only for a) folk who have zero interest in ever playing [game], and b) folk who have already completed [game], then sure, go nuts. Their call obviously, certainly not mine.

justjim89

Those two arguments just sound way too simple and reductive and I don't agree they're being responsibly applied for a game as plot-dependent and short as Her Story. At the very least it turns on matters of "What is the purpose of a QL?"

I genuinely think a lengthy-ish QL of the game (any part of it which shows certain Big Plot Reveals, and that's really easily done) would go beyond 'spoilers' and straight into plain old 'ruining a meaty aspect of game', or at the very least denying the viewer something fundamental to the game's intended experience. The QL would have merit only for those who already played the game, and at that point I'm not sure it falls into QL territory anymore, it's more LP-ey. I have no problem with spoilery QLs, I watch and enjoy them myself, but I think you're playing with fire if you're QLing a 2hr investigation game in which you can very easily stumble upon a major, major plot point five minutes in and one that you're kinda expected to stumble upon after around fifteen-twenty minutes.

I guess if the crew think a QL for [game] has merit as a thing only for a) folk who have zero interest in ever playing [game], and b) folk who have already completed [game], then sure, go nuts. Their call obviously, certainly not mine.

I just played it from the time I posted my last messages to now and yeah, a proper Quick Look for the game would be tricky. Especially because the game doesn't truly get engaging until you come across some of those big reveals. It's a really unique thing, but holy shit is it compelling. Really hope to see it covered in some form, even just podcast discussion.

Let me guess, are they saying "You are playing it wrong!","They are terrible!" and "They know nothing!"?

Pretty much. More specifically that he's playing on too low a difficulty level and that he said he liked the odd numbered games more than the even numbered ones which would imply that the reboot is the fifth one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom