• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I wanted to rewatch the reveal of the new South Park game on the Ubi conference so I watch Giant Bomb's video of it. Its amazing, when they revealed the "South Park: The Fractured But Whole" name at the end Jeff just stonefaces it. Everyone else starts cracking up at it, but Jeff just sits there completely unphased.

Megasoum

Banned
For some reason I wanted to rewatch the reveal of the new South Park game on the Ubi conference so I watch Giant Bomb's video of it. Its amazing, when they revealed the "South Park: The Fractured But Whole" name at the end Jeff just stonefaces it. Everyone else starts cracking up at it, but Jeff just sits there completely unphased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6CXgloFUg

To be fair, it took me a while to get it too (in both cases)... But english is not my first language.

Anjin M

Man, they're really going to charge $20 for emotes and shaders?

How the fuck have bungie fans not lit their headquarters on fire yet? Bungie seems to be exploiting the ever living shit out of their hardcore fanbase in a way that would get just about any other developer shamed to hell and back.

As much as their game is not an MMO, they sure treat it as such. I don't know. If people can buy hats in Dota, they should be able to buy emotes in Destiny. I know that I'll have to keep my wallet in lockdown lest I buy them myself.

I just found out that the guy who runs the wonderful Giant Bomblr doesn't like Dan. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to go on in this world bearing the weight of this knowledge. :(

That was very disappointing. That tumblr had been a lot of fun to follow.

Sometimes I think about making some kind of big FAQ/AMA about game developpement to educate people a bit

Do it!

Incidently, I recently learned that my phone has learned the name Megasoum.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oooooh that says video PAINTER. I thought it was video pointer and Dan wanted nothing more than to get into TV and video production at age 5.

justjim89

I really want to like Payday, but it just seems so cartoonish. Cops act like zombies and you literally murder dozens of them in the progress of a single heist. It all seems so... inelegant and impractical.

You know what, I just remembered there was a mutliplayer 2D-style Zelda announced at E3. Even as a huge Zelda fan, I could not give less of a shit about it. Is anyone excited about that?

Zelda got annualized hardcore and nobody noticed.

Having just finished LTTP, i've only got, what, 3 gameboy games, 1 GBA game, 2 DS games, and the 3DS remake of MM since i've never played it past the first dungeon years ago. Not playing that 4 swords crap in any form because cmon now.

So i'm getting there. I just need nintendo to stop.

I really want to like Payday, but it just seems so cartoonish. Cops act like zombies and you literally murder dozens of them in the progress of a single heist. It all seems so... inelegant and impractical.

It's such an awesome premise, but yeah, Payday doesn't quite seem to nail the whole heist thing.

There is an ability to chuck bags of loot across the street and another ability that lets you catch them in mid-air like straight gangsters.

It's awesome with a lot of depth under its surface if you're looking for a game that takes more than five minutes to learn and can find a good group to co-op with.

J5BoSic.gif

---

Yeah I've been watching some Payday videos and people who know what they're doing make that game look fucking awesome.

Has anyone here tried the PS+ Edition of Driveclub and if so, have your opinions/assumptions of the game (good or poor) changed after trying it?

Megasoum

Banned
Has anyone here tried the PS+ Edition of Driveclub and if so, have your opinions/assumptions of the game (good or poor) changed after trying it?

I tried it quickly yesterday but I had already played the full game for a couple of hours not long after release.

As much as I love racing games, this one really isn't for me.

The graphics are fucking incredible for sure (even if stuck at 30fps) but the physics are terrible and the lack of options and variety is annoying.

I tried it quickly yesterday but I had already played the full game for a couple of hours not long after release.

As much as I love racing games, this one really isn't for me.

The graphics are fucking incredible for sure (even if stuck at 30fps) but the physics are terrible and the lack of options and variety is annoying.

Yeah, it's not exactly a loaded game for people who look for that type of stuff. I hope they get an opportunity to make a sequel and add in more options and variety. They seemed to get the base stuff handled (graphics, online code (finally), etc), so I would assume they won't need to spend as much time on that stuff if they make a Driveclub 2. Maybe add more handling options, because I've seen people split about their opinions on how the cars feel. This is wishful thinking on my part, but I hope, if they make a sequel, that it would be Morpheus compatible.

Megasoum

Banned
J5BoSic.gif

---

Yeah I've been watching some Payday videos and people who know what they're doing make that game look fucking awesome.

Yeah I remember watching a lot of streams around when the game first came out and that game is supposed to be played the exact opposite way they did in the Quicklook lol.

Unlike what Jeff told Dan, this is the kind of game where you need the most coordination and voice chat to succeed properly. It's a true co-op game that you better play with friends.

If you do then yeah you can basically recreate Heat, if you don't do that then it's just a really bad shooter with weird mechanics.

Real Hero

You know what, I just remembered there was a mutliplayer 2D-style Zelda announced at E3. Even as a huge Zelda fan, I could not give less of a shit about it. Is anyone excited about that?

fours swords was great as long as it's like that but online it should be good. I think it would have been received better if they hadn't totally ignored the actual new Zelda

Yeah I remember watching a lot of streams around when the game first came out and that game is supposed to be played the exact opposite way they did in the Quicklook lol.

Unlike what Jeff told Dan, this is the kind of game where you need the most coordination and voice chat to succeed properly. It's a true co-op game that you better play with friends.

If you do then yeah you can basically recreate Heat, if you don't do that then it's just a really bad shooter with weird mechanics.

And unlike what they said, Payday: The Heist came out in 2011 (not 2007/2008 like they said).

popo

People wondered if Dan would be any help in hiding a dead body.

Via Payday QL. Dan thinks that bank robbers go and buy getaway vans from the dealership, under their real name as well.

Master criminal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was listening to Dan talk about his watching Demolition Man bit from an older Bombcast and I have to ask.

Has anyone pointed him towards New Jack City yet

I bought Geometry Wars 3 for $3 yesterday. I loaded up the Retro Evolved mode, played one round of it, then turned it off once I got my fix. Something about the controls feel a bit off, like there's just a hint of input lag to it that makes things feel not quite right.

I guess if i want to play Retro Evolved then i need to pick up a XB1 one day. meh.

Think it's a bummer that it's only a 3 player game but I imagine it'll still make interesting use of coop. Looking forward to it although I hope the graphics are improved a bit, seemed to look worse than LBW

HBP

People wondered if Dan would be any help in hiding a dead body.

Via Payday QL. Dan thinks that bank robbers go and buy getaway vans from the dealership, under their real name as well.

Master criminal.

To be fair he didn't know what a title was, so he probably assumes there is no paper trail.

daydream

Banned
Think it's a bummer that it's only a 3 player game but I imagine it'll still make interesting use of coop. Looking forward to it although I hope the graphics are improved a bit, seemed to look worse than LBW

looks identical to lbw to me, if we compare video footage

these games always get the extra pop and shine on the actual screen

Probably, I do remember thinking LBW looked like indefensible garbage in screenshots and being pleasantly surprised in person. The ground textures in the new game are what stood out to me as lacking.

Anjin M

I wasn't 100% sure what LBW meant and google tells me it stands for Leg Before Wicket. We better not be talking about a damn cricket game.

I kid, but I really had to look up the abbreviation. Wow, that game bounced right off me.

I'm not really into the four swords games but watching the treehouse demo for the game got me a lot more interested in it than that fucking direct did.

No, but I'll probably buy it and enjoy it enough.

yep, gonna be awesome

fours swords was great as long as it's like that but online it should be good. I think it would have been received better if they hadn't totally ignored the actual new Zelda

I think my lack of enthusiasm is informed by Four Swords. I found the "puzzles" in Four Swords to feel more like chores, where you see exactly what you need to do the moment you see them.

I'm not really into the four swords games but watching the treehouse demo for the game got me a lot more interested in it than that fucking direct did.

Ah, I need to watch that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom