• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If gerstmann could somehow move to New York the beastcast would be the perfect podcast.

The bombcast would be in a real weird spot though so it's probably good how it's set up now.

Just ship Austin to LA, as he's not on Vinny/Jeff's level, and have Vinny and Jeff bring back Giant Bomb's story mode, when them (and Ryan) would start up conversations as strange characters.

This strange ability is something that Dan's been missing, as he's seemingly that strange character all of the time.

Small Businessman > Reality

the Bombcast just needs a solid 4th chair. It seems that the pattern is Jeff, Brad, Dan, and the fourth chair is in flux. Drew is an alright 4th chair but often he will spend the better part of the podcast being rather quiet, which is only even more noticeable since Dan isn't very talkative. It leaves us with a lot of just Jeff and Brad more often than not.

I think it would work well with Jason being the regular on the 4th chair with drew coming on occasionally to talk at length about a game he's been playing or as our Halo/Bungie correspondent. Jason seems to play more games than Drew does (not meant to be a slight on Drew, I don't blame a duder for leading a really active lifestyle where gaming isn't his main thing) and tends to participate more often. He also seems to be better at the podcasting stuff, he comes off more as a natural at it.

just my 2 cents on the matter.

popo

Welcome to UPF.

Drew is somewhere in the woods.

Dan is on a plane.

Jason will be in the control room.

Rorie is on another planet.

Brad is sleepy.

Jeff is Forever Alone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I do personally think that Jeff/Brad/Dan/Jason is the best lineup. Jason mostly because he has the most natural chemistry with Dan, as horrified he might be at this revelation.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I do personally think that Jeff/Brad/Dan/Jason is the best lineup. Jason mostly because he has the most natural chemistry with Dan, as horrified he might be at this revelation.

"Most natural chemistry", "highest built up tolerance", it's all in how you look at it.

DamnBoxes

the Bombcast just needs a solid 4th chair. It seems that the pattern is Jeff, Brad, Dan, and the fourth chair is in flux. Drew is an alright 4th chair but often he will spend the better part of the podcast being rather quiet, which is only even more noticeable since Dan isn't very talkative. It leaves us with a lot of just Jeff and Brad more often than not.

I think it would work well with Jason being the regular on the 4th chair with drew coming on occasionally to talk at length about a game he's been playing or as our Halo/Bungie correspondent. Jason seems to play more games than Drew does (not meant to be a slight on Drew, I don't blame a duder for leading a really active lifestyle where gaming isn't his main thing) and tends to participate more often. He also seems to be better at the podcasting stuff, he comes off more natural at it.

just my 2 cents on the matter.

Agree 100%.

I love me some Drew but would sacrifice his contributions to the bombcast for more Jason. We can still get our Drew fix elsewhere.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnn Metal Gear Scanlon 4...

I would rather have other premium features soon than MGScanlon. Guys, there's going to be entire episodes where they don't even play the game. Gimme that cross-country Flight Club instead!

I would rather have other premium features soon than MGScanlon. Guys, there's going to be entire episodes where they don't even play the game. Gimme that cross-country Flight Club instead!

Who doesn't want full episodes of cutscenes?

The sooner it's played the sooner it's out of the way for better stuff.

Forget the fourth chair, Dan needs to speak WAY more in the third chair.

For a man with a lot to say, he rarely chimes in on the Bombcast, especially in the last few months.

I dont see how a Rising playthrough ends with nothing but tears for everyone.

What i'd give to see drew take on the infamous robot dog early in the game. It really is the make or break it moment for folks who played MGR.

I dont see how a Rising playthrough ends with nothing but tears for everyone.

What i'd give to see drew take on the infamous robot dog early in the game. It really is the make or break it moment for folks who played MGR.

Yeah you can get to that point of the game without really knowing how the parry works, but it is extremely hard to get past it without learning how to do it. I had a few issues with it myself because I wasn't really paying attention when they were explaining the mechanic, once you get it though the rest of the game is a blast.

With the troubles drew has had against some of the bosses in Metal Gear so far I could see that fight taking well over an hour, if not longer. What about the last boss? That could be interesting.

I can see Drew having a lot of trouble with the parry mechanic. I could be totally wrong though and he could be great.

But man that parry window is so wide open you could drive a train through it, compared to most other character action games.

And what if it was the one Metal Gear game that Drew had no problems with?

Jintor

i remember dan didn't really care for revengeance which i found kinda hilarious. i guess it didn't have the LOL SHOOT THE SALT BOTTLE OMG THIS IS A PS2 IN 2001 factor going for it, but it was still utterly absurd

i remember dan didn't really care for revengeance which i found kinda hilarious. i guess it didn't have the LOL SHOOT THE SALT BOTTLE OMG THIS IS A PS2 IN 2001 factor going for it, but it was still utterly absurd

MGR is a good action game that is tangentially a metal gear game. I think that doesn't do a whole lot for folks that are hardcore into MGS

I feel like i'm one of the few who thinks the bombcast is better than the beastcast. Beastcast is good but I still find myself overall enjoying the Bombcast more. I don't have any real complaints about it.

demidar

MGR is a good action game that is tangentially a metal gear game. I think that doesn't do a whole lot for folks that are hardcore into MGS

Well yeah, they're in different genres.

By the way, Metal Gear Rising is canon (though it doesn't interact much with MGS lore so it can be easily ignored).

daydream

Banned
VinnyVania: Dracula's Curse on the schedule for today.

HYPE!.

alright, let's do this

tumblr_me616fNjxF1r9zdybo1_r2_500.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Awesome! Thanks daydream. Simon's Quest was rarely entertaining. It's the worst kind of bad game.

I loved it all except for the first episode in NY where they were just following a walkthrough entirely. The last episode was mostly that too, but it had the tornado moment which made the whole series worth it.

I agree that it's a terrible game though. That part I'm on board with.

I loved it all except for the first episode in NY where they were just following a walkthrough entirely. The last episode was mostly that too, but it had the tornado moment which made the whole series worth it.

I agree that it's a terrible game though. That part I'm on board with.

It did have its moments, that's true. But even they realized they had to get that game out of the way quickly before it killed the whole feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom