• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I haven't had the same issues from the beginning other players have, but there is a section of the game that absolutely fucking sucks for the batmobile. Just pure hot garbage.

Which part? I just finished it and some of the endgame stuff got sorta jank.

edit: the NY set is kinda dark and i miss their effective use of screen space. they need a couch so Alex can be there too!

Demo Derby is like Cheers. A good show massively overshadowed by its direct spin-off.

2671811-danticaldrewspionageaction01_07-800.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the intrinsic problem of the Batmobile overreliance is more of a note on the issue with Rocksteady's sequels.

They add all this stuff to a smooth experience and always make it seem more complicated and less fun to play. I guess they have this idea that they can't just 'make another Arkham Asylum with a different story/setting', but I'd be fine with that. Leave the combat and the stealth as it is.

Brashnir

I think the intrinsic problem of the Batmobile overreliance is more of a note on the issue with Rocksteady's sequels.

They add all this stuff to a smooth experience and always make it seem more complicated and less fun to play. I guess they have this idea that they can't just 'make another Arkham Asylum with a different story/setting', but I'd be fine with that. Leave the combat and the stealth as it is.

It's pretty typical across the entire AAA industry. It's easier to market "more game" than it is to market "better game."

also, the point Austin brought up was good: they can't keep getting away with Gotham or Arkham or whatever not having any civilians whatsoever. I mean, maybe have a couple of sections where you have to be Bruce and do some detective work at a party or some shit, please. I really liked the part where you played as bruce early in AC, or when you hung out in the batcave in Oranges.

Being batman 95% of the time and having the whole city shutdown all of the time is getting old. meh.

At least we know that Montreal is working on a Suicide Squad game and that Rocksteady seems ready to move on to other things.

BigBoss

also, the point Austin brought up was good: they can't keep getting away with Gotham or Arkham or whatever not having any civilians whatsoever. I mean, maybe have a couple of sections where you have to be Bruce and do some detective work at a party or some shit, please. I really liked the part where you played as bruce early in AC, or when you hung out in the batcave in Oranges.

Being batman 95% of the time and having the whole city shutdown all of the time is getting old. meh.

At least we know that Montreal is working on a Suicide Squad game and that Rocksteady seems ready to move on to other things.

You also get to play as Bruce in the beginning of the Mr. Freeze DLC in Origins.

def sim

You also get to play as Bruce in the beginning of the Mr. Freeze DLC in Origins.

I know it's comic books, so whatever, but that part was just too ludicrous for me. Bruce Wayne, this super rich guy, is beating up on all these criminals like a super hero and keeping them alive. It's likely that one of those guys would eventually put two and two together, man!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the most interesting part of what I've played Arkham Knight so far is in the beginning in the police station. With this whole 'we're fucked but we're still here' vibe it had going on and really shows how bad the situation is. As soon as you get out into the chaotic, sprawling city you lose that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think the most interesting part of what I've played Arkham Knight so far is in the beginning in the police station. With this whole 'we're fucked but we're still here' vibe it had going on and really shows how bad the situation is. As soon as you get out into the chaotic, sprawling city you lose that.
Isn't that mostly because you're batman and your less fucked than everyone else? You can only hold onto that end of days/us vs the world mentality for so long in this game until you remember you're the GODDAMN BATMAN.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't that mostly because you're batman and your less fucked than everyone else? You can only hold onto that end of days/us vs the world mentality for so long in this game until you remember you're the GODDAMN BATMAN.

Well, it's more reflective on the human element that's absent from the games. It gives you a good visualization of people who aren't Batman dealing with it.

popo

I know it's comic books, so whatever, but that part was just too ludicrous for me. Bruce Wayne, this super rich guy, is beating up on all these criminals like a super hero and keeping them alive. It's likely that one of those guys would eventually put two and two together, man!

You just have to accept that dumb thing with superhero stuff. Like Supetmans elaborate disguise - a pair of glasses.

FStop7

Banned
Arkham Knight is pretty good. The combat timing seems to be relaxed quite a bit, it feels a lot easier to get big chains going and to pull off some of the advanced moves.

The Batmobile/tank stuff is excessive. This is probably my biggest complaint with the game.

The Arkham Knight's voice and dialogue do not match his appearance... at all. It's a big disconnect.

Scarecrow is Hugo Strange 2.0. I mean he acts exactly like him. He was cooler in Arkham Asylum.

But all in all it's a very good game and a real improvement over Arkham City. But Asylum is still my favorite.

justjim89

Great interview by Austin with Sam Barlow. I almost wish they'd gotten more spoiler-y with it, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that. Fascinating discussion nonetheless.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My problem is more when Batman is on the Bat conference call and the person he's talking to in this massive open city with criminals everywhere, calls him 'Bruce' or 'Master Wayne.' Like hey make sure the cat burglar across the street heard you Oracle. I mean Barbara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom