• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why do we keep doing this?

Like for real, they're the same fucking game and there's nothing new to them. None of them seem to really care about it either so... Why are they playing it?

Brad did not know what kind of game it was, he just wanted to check it out because they hadn't done any coverage on the game.

When 10 year olds that grew up on minecraft outgrow it what type of game do you think they would naturally transition to?

Minecraft?

Minecraft's a pretty good game with plenty of mod support, I'm sure someone's made a "brutal Mindcraft" thing.

2 Cheesy gordita crunches, 1 grilled stuffed nacho thing, 1 baja blast freeze. She kinda fucked up the gorditas though.

Very good.

DamnBoxes

These games are what's sexy right now.

tumblr_inline_nnsduwUg6z1s2z6dn_500.jpg

Minecraft?

Minecraft's a pretty good game with plenty of mod support, I'm sure someone's made a "brutal Mindcraft" thing.
Everyone wants to move on eventually. If you grew up on street fighter you might want to check out mortal kombat. If you like super Mario bros you'd probably be receptive to sonic 1.

If your favorite game for 2-3 years was minecraft at some point you'll want to do something new.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Also nobody's ever finished one of these fucking things so maybe people are hopeful that this is the one that will actually become a game.

I don't know why they play games no-one has an interest in, not them, not their audience, nobody.

Like if Brad was into this, then fine.
UPFs is often just about games they want to test out or games they love and just want to play them for a bit. They don't know if it's any good or not half the time

The real issue is that brad is terrible at knowing when to pull the plug on a segment that isn't working.

Also, my girlfriend thought that military time was a time zone, like mountain time. It was cute.

UPFs is often just about games they want to test out or games they love and just want to play them for a bit. They don't know if it's any good or not half the time

The real issue is that brad is terrible at knowing when to pull the plug on a segment that isn't working.

Also, my girlfriend thought that military time was a time zone, like mountain time. It was cute.

I dunno, I feel like it's obvious they hate games like that. And the Giant Bomb fanbase probably does too.

Vinny goes into them with reckless abandon but that's about it.

UPF started as a way for them to bring something to the table they wanted to show.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There wasn't a single stone giant in that game. If it's not canon to the best Noah story and the only one involving Russell Crowe, I'm not interested.

Zaph

Just tuned in. What's this about Bulletstorm sequel? Fuck the last guardian/ff7/shenmew, is something important actually happening?

Zaph

The impaling harpoon weapon was so fun.

And the exploding dam was probably one of the best action set pieces in a FPS.

fuck this game was so good

People Can Fly spun off as an independent studio and was allowed to take the Bulletstorm IP.

Oh wow, was this recent? What a week.

Zaph

Worst marketing promo ever was EA "taking over" a London petrol station for Mercenaries 2 and giving away free petrol.

Not joking when I say all of north London's traffic got screwed up by that stunt.

qhevKpM.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Worst marketing promo ever was EA "taking over" a London petrol station for Mercenaries 2 and giving away free petrol.

Not joking when I say all of north London's traffic got screwed up by that stunt.

Acclaim had some amazingly bad ideas in the 90s (edit: Well, the extended 90s known as the early 2000s) too. Name your kid Turok, let us advertise Shadow Man on your family member's tombstones, everything BMX XXX.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Bulletstorm demo isn't quite on Just Cause 2 or Red Faction Guerrilla levels, but it's on the next tier of best demos ever made. It convinced me on a game I probably would have dismissed entirely. And seeing that it actually works on PC makes me want to grab it the next time it's on sale again.

Gaming pet peeve: When, later in a game, you come across enemies that are immune to your abilities. Star Wars games are pretty bad about this, with enemies impervious to force abilities and/or lightsaber.

Gaming pet peeve: When, later in a game, you come across enemies that are immune to your abilities. Star Wars games are pretty bad about this, with enemies impervious to force abilities and/or lightsaber.

That was my absolute least favorite thing about the Force Unleashed games, it was such a drag fighting those damn shield storm troopers that could withstand 20 lightsaber strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom