• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

This is the video that doomed edited video content on the site. Once you've reached the peak, there is no higher to go.

This Beastcast, man. This Beastcast. Great episode.

The Beastcast continues to be great. I didn't realize how much I missed hearing Vinny every week other they started the cast.

The cherry on top was a very, very funny Vinnyvania today.

I only got 15 minutes in before the end of work and it's already amazing. Austin and Vinny are great together. I liked that Austin was busting out his role playing chops.

Fuck roach

I know Geralt is a randy guy, but he probably shouldn't.

It's a shame they couldn't just host it in their office space.

I take the duders' word when they say they like going to E3. The live streams and night time interviews are how they differentiate from the competition. And Jeff has said in the past that part of the reason he started the site what specifically to interact more with developers. E3 and GDC are their biggest opportunities to do so.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Vinny is always right.

Just wanted to remind everybody about that before I say, Vinny's right about Assassin's Creed. No future nonsense, no sale. The series was at its best when that story was at its dumbest.

I was really into the insane-ass twist at the end of AC2 but it's pretty clear now that they had absolutely no idea what they were doing with that whole scene

Anjin M

I was really into the insane-ass twist at the end of AC2 but it's pretty clear now that they had absolutely no idea what they were doing with that whole scene
I thought the ending to AC2 was great. But in retrospect, AC was written a lot like Lost: more interested in the drama than sticking the landing.

Wouldn't that mean all the interviewees would have to travel from LA to San Francisco just to do the GB interview? Or am I not understanding what your saying.

Misunderstood, I was saying how much nicer for them it would be if they could cover E3 in house. They wouldn't need to pack equipment and make that long drive down. However because of the interviews and side appointmebrs, this isn't feasible for them.

Anjin M

Oh cool They answered (well... Kinda) my question on the bonbcast about ps4/xbone load times
How funny. I thought that the situation described in that email sounded awfully familiar.

edit://
Getting rid of the future nonsense is the only smart decision Ubisoft has made in years.
I want to believe that the future stuff was added because Ubisoft thought a historical game series wouldn't sell. Of course, I actually believe they thought it was cool.

I was really hopeful they were going to take the future nonsense in a good direction.

Like, it would have been a perfect trilogy. First discovery, second learning, finale executed in present day only. It was such a limp dick ending though...

The ending of AC2 was sooooooo good though.

You fight the pope.
Then see a 4th wall breaking ancient alien lady.
And then Desmond finally gets to fight some people

Those games had a really cool hook with the modern stuff but once Patrice left they lost any sence of direction

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The ending of AC2 was sooooooo good though.

You fight the pope.
Then see a 4th wall breaking ancient alien lady.

And then Desmond finally gets to fight some people

Those games had a really cool hook with the modern stuff but once Patrice left they lost any sence of direction

That doesn't sound like having direction to me.

hamchan

The AC2 ending was incredible. You punch the Pope in his goddamn face over and over. Nothing will be as satisfying in that series.

That doesn't sound like having direction to me.

It totally worked then. The pope was the main antagonist of the game who was just a political figure at the start but was a currupt pope by the end. The game spanned 10 years so it wasn't that nuts in practice. And the twist with the alien lady was really well done.

And Brotherhood built from it pretty well and then had a almost as nuts final act.

Then everything after went to shit. :(

Had I known Assassin's Creed would have this many games, I would have loved if the series was based around having a massive cliffhanger at the end of every game, each cliffhanger more crazy than the last, build up to end of Gurren Lagann levels of insanity at some point and keep trying to build off it like that. No pretence of a "serious historical science fiction story." Just complete science fiction insanity on top of insanity.

Blow up the Earth. People from the real world invading people's worlds in the Animus like Animus Pirates to steal shit, but OH SNAP, Dude in Animus wakes up and he's on a different planet or 200 years later because he slept too long or some shit and the Animus Pirates are a Star Trek/Mass Effect style intelligent species that are trying to gain human knowledge for the good of their species. Dude in Animus in the year 2215 has to go in an Animus inside of his Animus world two Animus levels deep back to the year 2015 to see where it all went wrong. It was Dan Ryckert.

have any of the AC games had one of the guys from the past somehow make it to the present day yet

it's been 8 years so this should've happened by now

This is the kind of craziness I would have wanted. Use the Animus tech to get direct DNA information of Ezio's parents, recreate Ezio in the modern day, but then twist he somehow has all his memories from the 15th century.

have any of the AC games had one of the guys from the past somehow make it to the present day yet

it's been 8 years so this should've happened by now

Yes. That happened.

Well a character from the past shows up in modern day. I forget if it was because he was a alien or was it just his great great grandson or what though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't trust Ubisoft with making interesting characters or stories. Even their worlds, while detailed, don't evoke life or passion. The only things that make me amazed is the buildings themselves, and they didn't create those buildings. Merely recreated them.

These people made Aiden Pierce.
the-crew-character-540x311.png

and this piece of shit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whenever I see a new Assassin's Creed world now my thoughts channel Ryan Davis on Avatar. 'Wow, you guys spent a lot of money on this'

I just ordered a copy of Blood on the Sand after seeing that amazing ending on UPF.

So I guess that's another of the few games I bought because spoilers made me interested.

Misunderstood, I was saying how much nicer for them it would be if they could cover E3 in house. They wouldn't need to pack equipment and make that long drive down. However because of the interviews and side appointmebrs, this isn't feasible for them.

Well, Polygon did fly a bunch of people to NYC (what) and then did a bunch of interviews and coverage via skype, but I think they also had people at the show just no setup for video coverage

Unless they're as tight on funds as Polygon I don't see why they wouldn't make an effort to go, with that CBS budget they might as well travel down and do some good coverage. I was disappointed by the lack of show floor content but I can understand why it might be really low on their list of priorities and probably not worth the hassle.

Well, Polygon did fly a bunch of people to NYC (what) and then did a bunch of interviews and coverage via skype, but I think they also had people at the show just no setup for video coverage

Unless they're as tight on funds as Polygon I don't see why they wouldn't make an effort to go, with that CBS budget they might as well travel down and do some good coverage. I was disappointed by the lack of show floor content but I can understand why it might be really low on their list of priorities and probably not worth the hassle.

I feel like something bad must be going on with Polygon. Covering E3 through Skype seems like a really weird thing.

Jothel

I feel like Dan Periscopes a trip to Taco Bell every day.

He eats a lot of fucking Taco Bell.
Is Taco Bell good at all? Like are we talking McDonald's level or worse?
I ate it in '99 in Florida but don't remember it at all apart from the guy in the line in front of me being an ass

Suplexer

Have Brad/Dan/Jeff (particularly Dan and Brad) given their thoughts on the MGS V E3 trailer?

I've watched it countless times now, easily the best video game trailer I have ever seen. Evokes so many emotions, even for people with little attachment to the series. I've shown it to some friends who have zero history with the games and they all immediately downloaded Ground Zeroes.

Well, Jeff mentioned on the ride down to E3 that E3's days in LA could be numbered if one of many plans for a LA NFL team goes through. He said part of the LACC would be torn down for a stadium. Imagine if E3 decides to relocate to SF? I bet GB would LOVE that.

Have Brad/Dan/Jeff (particularly Dan and Brad) given their thoughts on the MGS V E3 trailer?

I've watched it countless times now, easily the best video game trailer I have ever seen. Evokes so many emotions, even for people with little attachment to the series. I've shown it to some friends who have zero history with the games and they all immediately downloaded Ground Zeroes.

Beyond Dan saying it was rad and that what he saw of the game was amazing, not much from them.

rmrivera

I just had to chime in and say Beastcast deserves it's own threads! This week's episodes is one of the best episodes of any show I listen to in months. Great job....really surpassing my expectations.

Blood on the Sand is one of those games where I was not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as it actually was. I mean its nothing amazing, but its WAY better than Bulletproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom