• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Don't know who we have keeping the official anime count, but Austin made another JoJo reference today during VinnyVania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who is the true anime editor?

maMwPrP.gif

she loves hitler-chan

GB ditching that type of coverage more and more in recent years has been a bummer. I was hoping/expecting that the site getting a little bigger would mean more of that stuff.

I actually don't so much care if they aren't doing the E3 showfloor videos specifically anymore, I just want to see more edited video coverage in general. I know it is a time consuming process so I certainly wouldn't expect that kind of stuff all the time, but Drew is talented as hell at it as we've seen from his E3 videos and travelogues and it's a shame for that talent to go to waste. We haven't got to see that kind of content out of him for such a long time.

I hope that Vinny and Drew do some Elite Dangerous stuff at sometime. They've both mentioned that they have been playing around with it. Maybe the Kerbal Space Program idea will pop back up as well.

I hope that Vinny and Drew do some Elite Dangerous stuff at sometime. They've both mentioned that they have been playing around with it. Maybe the Kerbal Space Program idea will pop back up as well.

I played a lot of Elite Dangerous, but it is really boring. Like, there's not any hijinks or mischief and hilarious situations they can get into. It's a lot of systems, grinding, and very samey missions.

I played a lot of Elite Dangerous, but it is really boring. Like, there's not any hijinks or mischief and hilarious situations they can get into. It's a lot of systems, grinding, and very samey missions.

Hmmm... I'm a sucker for the game. The vastness of the galaxy and the depth of the flight mechanics but you are right it is still shallow in content and diversity of activities, though they've been updating it regularly. I still play it quite a bit, I guess I'm more looking to hear them geek out about it than crazy hijinks, but I could see it being a real turn off for most.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ark is rad, you can get eaten by a Megaldon. Haters be haters.

I'm sure most people can look at the game and decide whether or not it's for them (it's not for me), but in Ark's defense Brad was playing it and Brad isn't even adventurous enough to try the I key for inventory. He doesn't make for the most entertaining open ended gameplay.

i kind of want to buy a new graphics card

but i kind of want to wait until the free game you get for buying an nvidia card...isn't batman.

But it's a rare game. You can't even buy it, it's like those Destiny dances before Luke Smith lost his spine.

Neither of the above was meant to be as negative as it may come off. But I thought it'd be a good idea to sit down, listen to the beastcast, and have a drink, and then Alex made me taste rum through my nasal passages ten minutes in. So I'm cranky.

i kind of want to buy a new graphics card

but i kind of want to wait until the free game you get for buying an nvidia card...isn't batman.
The free games you get usually aren't worth more than 20-30 dollars anyway because the codes get sold on ebay and the like. Might as well jump in now rather than wait for the next big game release.

But it's a rare game. You can't even buy it, it's like those Destiny dances before Luke Smith lost his spine.

oh kinda like flappy bird yeah i get you

batman is flappy bird

The free games you get usually aren't worth more than 20-30 dollars anyway because the codes get sold on ebay and the like. Might as well jump in now rather than wait for the next big game release.

yeah it's really not a huge deal at all but i just dont want it to be something im getting anyway, since I'm really not in urgent need of an upgrade at all. witcher 3 is the only thing making my 660 show its age.

basically i dont want it to be TPP, which I dont think it would be anyway.

yeah it's really not a huge deal at all but i just dont want it to be something im getting anyway, since I'm really not in urgent need of an upgrade at all. witcher 3 is the only thing making my 660 show its age.

basically i dont want it to be TPP, which I dont think it would be anyway.

660 was such a great card. I just bumped up to the 960 because it was a good price for me.

660 was such a great card. I just bumped up to the 960 because it was a good price for me.

Yeah, it absolutely gets the job done, but it's staaaaaarting to get to the point where I'm having to be a little picky with settings in newer games like GTA or Witcher, and with TPP and Fallout coming this holiday I wanna be able to crush 'em. although with the way ground zeroes was optimized i wouldn't be shocked if I could run tpp at ultra 4k 144 fps because the fox engine is some kind of magic.

The sad part is that I've only had this little beauty for about a year. But I've got some graduation money burning a hole in my pocket and, well, the 970 is calling.

Also speaking of the witcher roach sucks and I hate her and I literally have more fun if I am not riding roach.

My 980ti only gets around 50 FPS average with Ground Zeroes at 4K. What is this life ;-;

They capped it at 60 anyway because they're silly. Hopefully the Phantom Pain has the same screenspace reflections they added to the PC version of Ground Zeroes. Game looks so much better on PC.

GB ditching that type of coverage more and more in recent years has been a bummer. I was hoping/expecting that the site getting a little bigger would mean more of that stuff.

I bet the GB guys wish they could just stay home and stream the pressers but the late night stuff is way too much of a draw. How else would we get our yearly Lang drama? Don't ever take that away from me, Jeff.

Hmmm... I'm a sucker for the game. The vastness of the galaxy and the depth of the flight mechanics but you are right it is still shallow in content and diversity of activities, though they've been updating it regularly. I still play it quite a bit, I guess I'm more looking to hear them geek out about it than crazy hijinks, but I could see it being a real turn off for most.

Yeeeah I played it a lot too, but I probably wouldn't have if the Oculus DK2 support wasn't so good for it. Sometimes I'd just find a pretty place to chill and look out my window at space. I just don't know what they'd do in a video feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom