• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

It was sorely missed imo. Don't get me wrong they did a great job this year but I think Jeff is underestimating how much his audience appreciates that kind of stuff.

I like those videos but Jeff doesn't have to estimate how much the audience appreciates them - he has the metrics to tell him - and if they got massive views I doubt he would have stopped them.

Curufinwe

Watching the Payday 2 QL and there's a classic Jeff moment where he dismisses the influence The Dark Knight had on the game.

The Dark Knight - released in 2008
the-dark-knight-blu-ray-any-problem-smaller1.jpg
Payday - released in 2011
header.jpg

Haunted

Do they just keep putting out the same game over and over again and hope people won't notice it's still the same old shit?
I don't know what you're talking about, the plot is completely different between these two basically unrelated games.

2014's "Ghostship: Aftermath" said:
Over 350 years in the future mankind has embraced space travel and exploration. We have colonized many worlds and spread ourselves across the galaxy. The Colonial Defense Force (CDF) is responsible for the security of Earth and her colonies, and our only line of defense against the unknown.

On March 1st 2368 contact was lost with our most distant colony, located in the Icarus System. The Dreadnought class spaceship CDF Goliath was dispatched on March 3rd 2368 to investigate. The CDF lost contact with the Goliath not long after it entered the Icarus System on March 12th 2368. She is now presumed a Ghostship!

2015's "CDF Ghostship" said:
Over 350 years in the future mankind has embraced space travel and exploration. We have colonized many worlds and spread ourselves across the galaxy. The Colonial Defense Force (CDF) is responsible for the security of Earth and her colonies, and our only line of defense against the unknown.

On March 1st 2368 contact was lost with our most distant colony, located in the Icarus system. Two days later the Dreadnought class spaceship CDF Goliath was dispatched to investigate. Experience the events that transpire as a Marine on the boarding party to the Icarus 3 Space Station and as a pilot returning from another mission a few days later.

Discover what happened to the CDF Goliath and why nine days after entering the Icarus system it was finally declared a Ghostship.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I love Dan being in the arcade archives quick looks mainly to hear how he interprets old-not-very-detailed sprites.

"Is that a laser menorah?"

Just got into Arsenal Gear in my MGScanlon 2 re-watch. Exciting.

God, I know I say it a lot, but I really can't wait for 4. I hope it's real soon.

Curufinwe

To be fair, Jeff said Payday came out before The Dark Knight when it came out three years after.

...I also need to see The Killing.

Nah, he's right. The makers of Payday were influenced by a film from 1956, not the enormously popular Batman film that was released one year before they started developing Payday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like the people who say Asylum is still the best game should go back and try it again. It's great, but I think a lot of it was just how surprising it was to play a decent Batman game, especially story and combat wise.

I don't know. I played it when the hype was big and couldn't get through it then I went back and started over and finished it several months later and loved it.

I think the issue is more 'Ok, you made a good Batman game. Now make something else for a while.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom