• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

The ending of AC2 was sooooooo good though.

You fight the pope.
Then see a 4th wall breaking ancient alien lady.
And then Desmond finally gets to fight some people

Those games had a really cool hook with the modern stuff but once Patrice left they lost any sence of direction
It was all downhill from there.

I enjoy UPF most weeks. There have been plenty of good ones lately. It's a more low key and 'chill' feature than most. The most recent one wasn't great but that's kinda expected when Drew and Dan are out. I hope they don't pull the plug on it, I look forward to it every week.

there's probably a good reason from a viewership/visitor standpoint to have a recurring scheduled live show, but UPF seems more like an obligation these days than not

maybe if they cut UPF down to once every two weeks and alternate it with something different...

I think the reason we're tired of UPF is because they've run out of things to really show.

What I enjoy most about UPF is the casual conversation bits at the start of the show. Those are always stupid and fun, but there's no real way to make a show around that, nothing nearly as long as UPF.

I can get behind doing live Demo Derbys instead. Then you get the past insight and see the live reactions to the weird bullshit on the disks.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think the reason we're tired of UPF is because they've run out of things to really show.

What I enjoy most about UPF is the casual conversation bits at the start of the show. Those are always stupid and fun, but there's no real way to make a show around that, nothing nearly as long as UPF.

I can get behind doing live Demo Derbys instead. Then you get the past insight and see the live reactions to the weird bullshit on the disks.
Maybe they could sit down and record it and then put up the audio of that. Make it a weekly thing, maybe.

I have incredibly curly hair so I usually go to a salon to get mine done. Around 40 dollars, sports clips has never not fucked up my hair. Although right now I'm growing my hair out for the man bun, someone on the crew should do that :p

popo

Nah, he's right. The makers of Payday were influenced by a film from 1956, not the enormously popular Batman film that was released one year before they started developing Payday.

I think the point was that films involving bank heists and crazy masks have been around for a long time. The clown masks might have been influenced by DK but that is about it.

Volotaire

I had a feeling when they didn't post an E3showfloor showfloor video after the first show floor day that they had planned to stop it. A shame, I really enjoyed them.

Whoever said that UPF is in the same rut that TNT was near its end is on point. Much like tnt, it started as this great idea and done with much enthusiasm. Now, it just seems like a thing they feel obligated to do because they have to do something semi regularly.

Need an FMVinny weekly show.

itAaN4puNc12U.gif

I like the Friday slot of 3pm PST/11pm GMT as it's pretty much the only day the Euro GAF working man can stay up late for a live stream but aye if they changed the format I wouldn't be gutted. Just keep the time slot please.

It does hurt the show whenever a core member is on vacation, but they deserved it this week.

UPF is still good enough often enough that I don't think I want to see it killed yet. But it's definitely had its fair share of shows like this week where there are a bunch of people missing and they keep playing a weak game for like an hour as the chat begs them to move on.

Megasoum

Banned
The GB player keep slowing down and then try to catch up super fast afterward.

And then the audio goes out of sync and I have to reload... Annoying.

Brashnir

The GB player keep slowing down and then try to catch up super fast afterward.

And then the audio goes out of sync and I have to reload... Annoying.

which settings are you using on the player?

I recommend HTML5. If that doesn't work, you can always download the video and watch it on your local machine. It's a crappy workaround, but it's an option.

Megasoum

Banned
which settings are you using on the player?

I recommend HTML5. If that doesn't work, you can always download the video and watch it on your local machine. It's a crappy workaround, but it's an option.

HTML5 HD (which I have to set manually cause it goes back to medium all the time for some reason).

I check the quicklooks with the youtube player most of the time but can't do that with Premium obviously.

It seems ok now since the last refresh.

Megasoum

Banned
Nah Brotherhood was the best in the series.......but it was downhill after that.

Agree

Also Black Flag is waaayyyyy Overrated.

Sure the boat stuff was really fun and new but the rest of the game was the same old tailing stealth missions with a shit ton of fail triggers.

Anytime you step foot on land in that game it goes back to being a shitty AC game.

DamnBoxes

Sure the boat stuff was really fun and new but the rest of the game was the same old tailing stealth missions with a shit ton of fail triggers.

Anytime you step foot on land in that game it goes back to being a shitty AC game.

Yep. I believe the naval combat did a pretty fantastic job of masking not-so-good stealth and terrible AI that the AC series is known for.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
ac3 was an awful experience for me. I gave it lots of time to get good but it just doubled down on the things I didn't like the more I played

as a refinement of AC2, while trimming a lot of fat, Brotherhood is probably the better experience, but I still liked AC2 more than any other game in the series

the last hour or two really kind of made that game, and it was the only one in the series where i thought the goofy conspiracy stuff was "just right"

AC2 was the only one I managed to finish. I probably burned out on Brotherhood because I played it soon after AC2. I never played AC3 or 4 but I played Unity. They actually did the Assassinations missions pretty well in that game but they were like 1 mission out 20 and the rest was just so painfully repetitive. Damn gorgeous game though with some horrible technical shortcomings that marred it. My PC actually managed pretty decent performance but there was nothing that could be done about the hilarious pop in and LOD issues.

Unity is the best Assassin's Creed game since 2
And miles better than that garbage Black Flag

The fact that you can break the assassinations by becoming overpowered doesn't really bother me. You can run through missions in Blood Money guns blazing if you want and succeed without many issues but that just makes you boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom