• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Honestly, the first AC is the one I have the best memories of.

I've played up to Black Flag and I agree with this. AC2/Brotherhood are the most polished and fun but they're kind of typical decent finish and forget Ubisoft games. AC1 actually tried something new and interesting even if it mostly failed at it

Unity is the best Assassin's Creed game since 2
And miles better than that garbage Black Flag

The fact that you can break the assassinations by becoming overpowered doesn't really bother me. You can run through missions in Blood Money guns blazing if you want and succeed without many issues but that just makes you boring.

well Brotherhood had that in spades once you hired enough dudes

> rain arrows
> win

Teddified

My main problem with AC as it grew was the addition of 100% syncro with the optional stuff. Because I'm a competitionist I wanted to do all of them so it ended up me just playing the way they wanted me to for the syncro. So for me and people like me that whole system just discouraged the "openness" of doing the assassinations and missions.

My main problem with AC as it grew was the addition of 100% syncro with the optional stuff. Because I'm a competitionist I wanted to do all of them so it ended up me just playing the way they wanted me to for the syncro. So for me and people like me that whole system just discouraged the "openness" of doing the assassinations and missions.

I like GTAV's approach to that sort of thing, with the fun little checkmark stuff that it gives you afterwards like "took a dip in the pool when escaping" or whatever

Teddified

I like GTAV's approach to that sort of thing, with the fun little checkmark stuff that it gives you afterwards like "took a dip in the pool when escaping" or whatever

Yeah and in GTAV you only needed to do a certain number of missions with a gold ranking I think, to get the trophy. But I just wish they didn't have such things at all since I feel compelled to do them. But that's my own problem I suppose.

Yeah and in GTAV you only needed to do a certain number of missions with a gold ranking I think, to get the trophy. But I just wish they didn't have such things at all since I feel compelled to do them. But that's my own problem I suppose.

It really depends on the game for me. I really don't care at all about getting gold medals in GTA V missions, but I'll spend hours walking around checking out every question mark on the witcher 3 map.

Teddified

It really depends on the game for me. I really don't care at all about getting gold medals in GTA V missions, but I'll spend hours walking around checking out every question mark on the witcher 3 map.

I just have some kinda compulsion to get everything I can out of a game singleplayer wise.

It's lessened a little bit these past few years, but just wanting to 100% games and get the "best" endings has always been a part of my gaming life. Trophies fucked me over there for a while too even though they don't even matter I was compelled to get them anyway. One thing that has changed though is I used to only get like 5-6 games a year and just play those. Now I've had steam for awhile and have so many games from it that getting the most out of a game is slowing dying for me. But it's still there and now I have way too much things to play.

Myggen

here's a weird thing, why do we call him roarie and not matt?

He explained once that pretty much everyone calls him Rorie. I'm guessing that's how it goes when you have a name that's as common as Matt. I've got a really common Norwegian name and have always gone by my surname for as long as I can remember. Just easier that way.

repeater

my favorite giant bomb moment is when rorie says something and is almost immediately proven to be incredibly, astoundingly incorrect
YJzmoIy.gif

I'm gonna say this as vague as possible but it's impressive how quickly Vinny picked up on some clues in that Her Story QL

in fairness, it didn't take me long to go down that same logic path as well but

ACTUAL REAL SPOILERS

I went down the "are they twins" path first

kai3345

Banned
I'm gonna say this as vague as possible but it's impressive how quickly Vinny picked up on some clues in that Her Story QL

in fairness, it didn't take me long to go down that same logic path as well but

ACTUAL REAL SPOILERS

I went down the "are they twins" path first

I'm really glad I tuned out before that part and went back and watched it later. I feel like that would have ruined the game for me.

kai3345

Banned
I'm curious about that game enough that I want to watch the QL to know what the fuck it is but then I don't want to spoil myself.

You can watch roughly ~10 minutes before they get into some serious spoiler territory. They say something like "ok now we're gonna play for real" or something like that. That should be your cue to bail

You can watch roughly ~10 minutes before they get into some serious spoiler territory. They say something like "ok now we're gonna play for real" or something like that. That should be your cue to bail

this. or you can take the word of almost everybody who's played it and just drop the $5 blind

Megasoum

Banned

All right cool thanks.

I was planning on finally playing Batman on PS4 tonight (my friend is supposed to give me a free copy but he somehow went dark on FB and hasn't checked his messages for over 8h now...sigh)... I might buy that instead.

DamnBoxes

All right cool thanks.

I was planning on finally playing Batman on PS4 tonight (my friend is supposed to give me a free copy but he somehow went dark on FB and hasn't checked his messages for over 8h now...sigh)... I might buy that instead.

It's a pretty interesting 2-3 hour ride. Well worth 5$ if you ask me!

Played it on my iPhone.

Brashnir

watching this makes me hate myself and all of humanity but I can't stop, whyyyyyy

edit - ok I finally closed it. Why does she constantly do that thing with her fingernails? It makes me want to strangle something. I now understand how hate crimes are committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom