• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my only subscriptions

99smVDu.png

Hmm, I guess I'll download it since I really liked 2. I got it free a while ago but never bothered wif it.
It's at least worth trying now that it's pretty much bug free. Some interesting uses of the animus disruptions within the context of the game standard game world and actual assassinations for the first time in quite a while.

Biggest problem with the game for me is they took out a lot of the standard combat moves for literally 0 reason. All of which is coming back for Syndicate but it makes the combat feels like a bit of a shell at times. If nothing else the game is gorgeous and it is in my opinion the best looking game out there, the lighting is honestly staggering at times.

Alternatively if you want to go full anime jerk tonight, please enjoy this 26 minute masterpiece of animation. And if you're a scrub that can't handle subs, well suck it up and stare at the pretty images on the screen.

Yeah the youtube quality is shit but it's what we have to work with.

Someone posted a video to the ASMR subreddit the other day of a dude in a dark room making lean while his smoke alarm chirps in the background so that was cool.

I like ASMRChess and accidentallygraceful :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've had Arkham Knight for 4 days and not once has the online leaderboard stuff worked during it on PSN.

And I'm like thinking, 'So NFS is really gonna be always online huh?'

my favorite giant bomb moment is when rorie says something and is almost immediately proven to be incredibly, astoundingly incorrect

That's half of what comes out of his mouth. Drives me crazy whenever he's on. Like on UPF he didn't know what a brontosaurus was.........what kid didn't grow up knowing the staples of dinosaurs?

T-rex
Stegosaurs
Brontosaurus
Triceratops
and post Jurassic Park Raptors.

Megasoum

Banned
I just want to save you some trouble because I wasted way too much time on it

it's decipherable, but completely unimportant. if you still want to know, start here (wiki page, no spoilers)

Ah man this is going way too fast and I'm too tired to memorize that lol...

If it's not that important could you just tell me?

Also I'm kinda stuck right now... Not too sure where to go from where I am.

I might need to stop for the night.

Zacagawea

Just got done listening to the 2011 GOTY podcasts. I remember that at the time I was very staunchly in the Saints Row camp. Like Jeff said, it really embodied the website so well. 4 years removed, however, Skyrim really does seem like the obvious pick. That game was just the whole package. It holds up well today and it feels like a touchstone. I guess it doesn't really help that the last Saints Row thing kind of felt like a wet fart.

Just got done listening to the 2011 GOTY podcasts. I remember that at the time I was very staunchly in the Saints Row camp. Like Jeff said, it really embodied the website so well. 4 years removed, however, Skyrim really does seem like the obvious pick. That game was just the whole package. It holds up well today and it feels like a touchstone. I guess it doesn't really help that the last Saints Row thing kind of felt like a wet fart.

SRIV basically said "hey do you like turning on cheats in open world games? okay good, you cant turn em off."

it was...not that fun a game.

as far as bad vehicles i cant think of anything besides roach tbh. maybe the vertibird in fallout 4 will be trash.

They patched in the missing effects today so I'd say the 4K, 30 FPS experience I'm enjoying is far superior :p

Hopefully they fix the performance in the next few weeks though for the unlucky majority. Hell, I wouldn't mind switching to 1440P if 60 FPS became possible.

Megasoum

Banned
They patched in the missing effects today so I'd say the 4K, 30 FPS experience I'm enjoying is far superior :p

Hopefully they fix the performance in the next few weeks though for the unlucky majority. Hell, I wouldn't mind switching to 1440P if 60 FPS became possible.

The game was unplayable for me during batmobile sequences, even just at 1080p.

justjim89

Nearing the end of Arkham Knight and boy howdy they're pretty heavy-handed with foreshadowing
who the Knight is, aren't they? If it's somehow not Jason Todd I'll be astonished.

demidar

I still think Skyrim is an utter disaster. SR3 should've won.

Saying Skyrim is overrated is one thing, and I'd agree with that. Saying it's worse than other entries in the series, sure that seems reasonable though I may not think the same.

To say the game is an 'utter disaster' comes across like the sort of internet hyperbole that every popular game seems to endure at some point after its release.

kai3345

Banned

Completely disagree. Skyrim felt bland and boring through and through. I remember at the time Saints Row 3 being some of the most genuine fun I'd had with a video game in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom