• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The episode where they had to blur out his credit card info as he added points to his account to buy more Game Room games is a particularly choice cut.

I believe that's also the one where everyone was evacuating the office as they were recording due to it smelling like swamp gas.

which reminds me, what video was "ijustwanttodie @comcast.net" from? Wii U?

which reminds me, what video was "ijustwanttodie @comcast.net" from? Wii U?

WiiU Mass Effect 3, I think.

EDIT: Dude this Assassin's Creed game looks eaaaaarrrlllyyyy. Like, you should probably not be showing the game in this state when your last game was infamous for being busted.

WiiU Mass Effect 3, I think.

yup.

KBfNyVW.gif

best part of game room when XBL broke and JEFF could not buy anything for 20 minutes,

also the sewage system broke and everything smelled like shit

Fox318

It's probably the most famous/infamous review and score of all time. I don't think any review has gotten that kind of reaction before or after. Eurogamer's Uncharted 3 review is probably the closest here on GAF, but I doubt many people still remember that review. And that reaction was mostly confined to GAF.

That 8.8 review blew the internet up.

And wasn't there and earlier review that got huge buzz from Jeff?

Seems like Jeff still got it lol

Also along with older GB worship i will never understand the GOTY hate in regards to the games selected since its not your fucking GOTY it's theirs.

Discussion on how those games they ended up there is a different story (Wolfenstein got fucking robbed :D)

I didn't follow forums when the Twilight Princess scandal happened so I missed all of that nonsense. Really silly given 8.8 is an amazing store
for an amazing game
but that's the broken review system I suppose. Thankfully score trends are going down in general so people don't think anything below a 9 is Vampire Rain tier.

And while I don't really care that Jeff might not be a fan of the Witcher 3(so little information is given) it does seem like a shame that it's being pawned off. At the same time at some point Giant Bomb East has to be given big games to stop feeling like the b team I suppose.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
holy christ, I was going through my imgur uploads and saw that this picture has had over 90gb of traffic

https://i.imgur.com/tmntJo9.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

:o

we're identical [s]hand twins[/s] gif bandwidth buddies

[quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/qdJwaJT.jpg

fe9XViU.gif

Brad gets around

on neogaf in gif form

Fox318

Seems like Jeff still got it lol

Also along with older GB worship i will never understand the GOTY hate in regards to the games selected since its not your fucking GOTY it's theirs.

Discussion on how those games they ended up there is a different story (Wolfenstein got fucking robbed :D)

I just want them to check out the games that are going to go up on the list. Witcher stands out now because there isn't much out and the stuff that is out is a ton of HD re-release and steam stuff that they don't cover.

Shit like how Jeff didn't like red Dead Redemption is always going to be mind boggling to me but at least he played the game and Brad reviewed it with others playing it.

I do think somebody from the West coast office should be reviewing the game.

I don't care if they like it or hate it I just don't want a game like this to just be ignored because they would rather be talking about Destiny

I just want them to check out the games that are going to go up on the list.

How do you know Witcher would be on their list? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I'm pretty sure everyone played the games that were in the GOTY discussion, and if they didn't, they kept their mouth shut about it.

I don't care if they like it or hate it I just don't want a game like this to just be ignored because they would rather be talking about Destiny

Maybe that's because they liked Destiny to an extent? Also they haven't been talking about Destiny? Brad keeps trying to bring it up but no one else at the table even really engages with him. This year will be DOTA.

I just want them to check out the games that are going to go up on the list. Witcher stands out now because there isn't much out and the stuff that is out is a ton of HD re-release and steam stuff that they don't cover.

Shit like how Jeff didn't like red Dead Redemption is always going to be mind boggling to me but at least he played the game and Brad reviewed it with others playing it.

or data 2

Fox318

How do you know Witcher would be on their list? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I'm pretty sure everyone played the games that were in the GOTY discussion, and if they didn't, they kept their mouth shut about it.

Maybe that's because they liked Destiny more? Also they haven't been talking about Destiny? Brad keeps trying to bring it up but no one else at the table even really engages with him. This year will be DOTA.

Alex and Jeff gave Destiny way too much time and they both seemed supremely disappointed and angry at the game yet they kept on playing it where if it was any other game they would have dropped it like a hot sack of shit.

Besides we all know Buck Bumble is winning this years GOTY.

There's little good to come out of a personality driven site, not a news/Gamespot site, slog through a 90 minute quicklook of a tent pole game that doesn't need their attention and they don't want to give it either. I'd rather they spent the time on random Steam games.

I just realized that I don't remember anyone at GB talking about Splatoon since they watched the e3 stream last year. Has any of them had their hands on the game?

Holy hell, I know I'm late to the party but that Jeff Witcher 3 tweet was possibly the most inoffensive tweet I've ever seen get people so worked up. I'm going back to sleep...

Deadstar

Any time anyone is bummed about Jeff, who is just one person, seeming unenthusiastic about a game they like (or want to like) just remember this:

He dislikes Red Dead Redemption.

It just one man's opinion! I would describe Jeff as skeptical rather than jaded.

Jeff never liked the witcher. His interests don't really align with mine anyway. I'll wait to hear what Vinny thinks.

Patryn

Alex and Jeff gave Destiny way too much time and they both seemed supremely disappointed and angry at the game yet they kept on playing it where if it was any other game they would have dropped it like a hot sack of shit.

Jeff may have been disappointed in Destiny, but he liked it.

Jeff likes pretty much most action games in which you shoot things and numbers pop up.

Most people don't realize it, but Jeff's favorite genre isn't FPS, it's Action RPGs. Especially FPS Action RPGs.

I'm not kidding.

There's little good to come out of a personality driven site, not a news/Gamespot site, slog through a 90 minute quicklook of a tent pole game that doesn't need their attention and they don't want to give it either. I'd rather they spent the time on random Steam games.

Vinny's doing the QL. Problem solved.

Fox318

The last Witcher 1 and 2 quicklooks were pretty funny.

Then again that may have been partly due to the Vinny and Ryan chemistry

LiK

huh, my bro-in-law discovered there's a meetup group for Giant Bomb peeps in my state. I wonder if I should go to one.

Maybe its because they like aspects of it even when the rest of it was shit?

How do you know it will be on the list? because you want it to be? This is what i dont get.

Also why should the west coast office be doing it if East coast is capable?

If anything some their should be some kind of Witcher 3 content (Quick Look, Bombcast discussion) but we'll see if it goes further than that. *shrug*

What the fuck is going on

We've got a Witcher 3 review thread

Another FF thread highlighting dull female characters that's probably filled with vile attacks

And some Etrian Odyssey loli thread where everyone involved lacks perspective

It's a great day for reasoned discussion!

Mully

The expectation that the Witcher needs to be reviewed and covered at GiantBomb by the right people, by the series' fans is silly.

It's basically saying, "I need my hype validated by the right people who will also give this game a good score."

Critics offer their opinions and just because they have a different opinion doesn't mean it's wrong; doubly so for the guys at GB who have all made a career out of giving their opinions and backing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom