• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

The VO in this Dex game is something special.

Tony reminds me of this guy:

hqdefault.jpg

Is there a bombast this week?

Holy hell, I know I'm late to the party but that Jeff Witcher 3 tweet was possibly the most inoffensive tweet I've ever seen get people so worked up. I'm going back to sleep...

The only games that Jeff loves are the Mario Party games.

We're not supposed to talk about hot video game incest until Friday night

That new ass creed?

That Buck Bumble song is stuck in my head.

You're not alone

Bout to apply for this Gamespot editor gig. Wish me luck brehs

Gg duder

Fox318

I just beat Sonic Adventure 1.

Who thought it was a good idea to have anthropomorphic characters in a universe with humans and not explain anything about it?

Its so fucking weird to have a giant fucking cat walk around town and nobody seems to mind.

RE_Player

After seeing Alex's sarcastic tweets inspired by Ubisoft's admission that Untiy was a bad entry in the franchise I was expecting some random comment in a PR release that sparked the discussion. I was a little surprised that they actually devoted some time in the videos released today to say that Unity was a misstep in the eyes of critics and fans and they were at fault. Does this mean I am going to pre-order the next Assassin's Creed game? Well I don't pre-order games anyway so my answer is no but I have to admit it's a little refreshing to see a company and devs admit to their faults in a video made to be seen by the public.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well I don't pre-order games anyway so my answer is no but I have to admit it's a little refreshing to see a company and devs admit to their faults in a video made to be seen by the public.

EA did the same with Battlefield 4. It's all bullshit just trying to get you to buy their next game.

I just beat Sonic Adventure 1.

Who thought it was a good idea to have anthropomorphic characters in a universe with humans and not explain anything about it?

Its so fucking weird to have a giant fucking cat walk around town and nobody seems to mind.

I'm playing Sonic Adventure 1 ATM and I'm having hard time understanding why they force you to navigate the 3 hubs worlds the game has just to do the fucking levels. Screw the jackass who made that huge sprawling jungle maze.

After seeing Alex's sarcastic tweets inspired by Ubisoft's admission that Untiy was a bad entry in the franchise I was expecting some random comment in a PR release that sparked the discussion. I was a little surprised that they actually devoted some time in the videos released today to say that Unity was a misstep in the eyes of critics and fans and they were at fault. Does this mean I am going to pre-order the next Assassin's Creed game? Well I don't pre-order games anyway so my answer is no but I have to admit it's a little refreshing to see a company and devs admit to their faults in a video made to be seen by the public.

They also had their offer last year to people that had bought Unity where you could get a free Ubisoft game, they seem to have dealt with Unity being a mess better than some other companies would have.

EA did the same with Battlefield 4. It's all bullshit just trying to get you to buy their next game.

This is obviously the main reason a company will get out there and tell you they've learned from their mistakes.

Fox318

I'm playing Sonic Adventure 1 ATM and I'm having hard time understanding why they force you to navigate the 3 hubs worlds the game has just to do the fucking levels. Screw the jackass who made that huge sprawling jungle maze.

I feel like that may have just been to show off that they could make a hub.

Admitting some of the text from the people did make me chuckle like the explorer claiming he was lost in the jungle for 10 years.

RE_Player

Pretty much. Never trust the apology of huge corporations until you see that they're actually dedicated to do better.
Did I say I trust them? Of course you wait to see the finished product, that goes without saying for anything released ever! I just thought it was somewhat refreshing considering this industries usual tradition of sweeping criticism under the rug and pretending problems never occurred.

Don't forget Sonic Adventure is seriously a product of its time.

Probably because other successful 3D transitions (Mario, Crash, etc) had hub worlds.

RE_Player

I'm not super into the AC series. If Unity wasn't a buggy mess, would it still be a subpar AC game?
It's the worst in the series. Bad mission design, co-op felt like a waste of time and the story was nonsense, and not in the usual AC fun nonsense. The bugs and poor performance were just icing on the cake.

Don't forget Sonic Adventure is seriously a product of its time.

Probably because other successful 3D transitions (Mario, Crash, etc) had hub worlds.

Well SA1 does hub worlds horribly. Some of the most convoluted methods of progressing a story that I ever seen. Some of those story queues I've found were by complete luck. It's really bad.

I'm not even commenting on the janky gameplay and amateur as fuck cutscenes.

Mully

I might apply for the Gamespot gig. Although my relationship with games is waning. I watch GB stuff and play old BF2 mods. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom