• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

The expectation that the Witcher needs to be reviewed and covered at GiantBomb by the right people, by the series' fans is silly.

It's basically saying, "I need my hype validated by the right people who will also give this game a good score."

Critics offer their opinions and just because they have a different opinion doesn't mean it's wrong; doubly so for the guys at GB who have all made a career out of giving their opinions and backing them up.

Yup. From Jeff's tumblr:

NgKTjpd.png

Some people can't get over the fact not all reviews are for them.

Fox318

The expectation that the Witcher needs to be reviewed and covered at GiantBomb by the right people, by the series' fans is silly.

It's basically saying, "I need my hype validated by the right people who will also give this game a good score."

Critics offer their opinions and just because they have a different opinion doesn't mean it's wrong; doubly so for the guys at GB who have all made a career out of giving their opinions and backing them up.
I just want to hear the opinion that's all.

And the only reason I'm assuming that the game will get GOTY mentions is because of current glowing reviews and the fact that Vinny enjoyed Witcher 2.

LiK

This may be true but GB has always had people who were into a franchise or genre review the games. they had Rorie play Pillars just for the quick Look cuz he had the most knowledge of the past Obsidian games. They had Brad play and review the FF games cuz he played a lot of them before. Dan is getting the Nintendo assignments from what we've seen.

I mean, they would all play the games if they had some interest in them.

A review by someone who is not as into the game being reviewed or the genre the game is from is just as valuable as a review by a fanboy.

What the fuck is going on

We've got a Witcher 3 review thread

Another FF thread highlighting dull female characters that's probably filled with vile attacks

And some Etrian Odyssey loli thread where everyone involved lacks perspective

It's a great day for reasoned discussion!

I didn't catch that FF thread, which one is that?

It's the Feminist Frequency one about Jade from Beyond Good & Evil.

Oh I thought you meant Final Fantasy.

That thread went pretty swimmingly though. Not that much tone policing ITT and only one poster got banned for whining about Anita not refocusing her efforts on issues like wages gaps or whatnot.

Oh I thought you meant Final Fantasy.

That thread went pretty swimmingly though. Not that much tone policing ITT and only one poster got banned for whining about Anita not refocusing her efforts on issues like wages gaps or whatnot.

Well, that's good. I should probably watch those videos because the characters she's choosing to focus on seem, uh, boring. At least Jade's a character; I didn't even know the avatar from Swords & Sworcery: Attack of the Insufferable Writing had a name, let alone a gender.

Curufinwe

Jeff giving GTA IV 5/5 doesn't contradict what I said in any way. I said "a lot", not "any" or "all".

You make it sound like this is important.

I say it like it's dumb for people to get upset about a lukewarm tweet from Jeff about a new game that's getting great reviews. Just add it to the list and move on.

Resident Evil
FFVII
Metal Gear Solid
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4
Red Dead Redemption
Dark Souls
The Last of Us
The Witcher 3

convo

Holy hell, I know I'm late to the party but that Jeff Witcher 3 tweet was possibly the most inoffensive tweet I've ever seen get people so worked up. I'm going back to sleep...
I seem to have missed a lot too. I never saw Jeff being that enthused about the witcher games, and i can't really say the games combat meant much to me. Always thought it was a game for benchmarks for PC graphics since i saw a witcher sponsored gamer PC prize on german mainstream television all the way back in 2007. Vinny certainly brought the attention to the witcher lore and books. I do like to see if Fallout will even try to look as impressive though.

Myggen

Not sure if this was posted, and can't be bothered to go back a page to look:

Question: Why're they moving you guys downstairs?

Answer: So we can build two new studios, a podcast room and not have to drag that Witcher 3 statue up 3 flights of stairs. GB are coming down too (it’s a studio each).

So, separate studios if there ever was someone wondering about that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If it bothers you that Jeff isn't grabbed by the Witcher, you can always remember that he wasn't grabbed by Red Dead and Last of Us either if that makes you feel like it's in good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom