• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

KJdrPwJ.png

Content!

Zaph

Doubtful. I've edited a lot of it, but it's a huge pain in the ass. He's constantly texting and going outside to smoke or peeing or any number of things that I have to edit out/around. I'll be at a lake in Minnesota from tomorrow until Tuesday, so hopefully soon after that.
Well, if it's half as good as the last one, it'll be worth the wait.

Also, the way you just described your dad could easily be substituted for any teenager.

Perfect, an hour before the England match.

Doubtful. I've edited a lot of it, but it's a huge pain in the ass. He's constantly texting and going outside to smoke or peeing or any number of things that I have to edit out/around. I'll be at a lake in Minnesota from tomorrow until Tuesday, so hopefully soon after that.

No MGScanlon next week then :(

Also Witcher 3 is half off on GMG today. 30 bucks, I have a feeling I should buy it?

Yeah, for sure. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I sunk 100+ hours into it and only got half the achievements.

I can't wait for the DLC.

It was the game I'd been waiting for on 'new gen' to become obsessed with. Nothing was hitting the spot but this had me hooked.

Xater

I hope you watched Maximilian Dood's Boss Rush video on it. That was something else.

Also Witcher 3 is half off on GMG today. 30 bucks, I have a feeling I should buy it?

I absolutely did and afterwards watched a bunch of the Scrublords videos. I hope Jeff and Jason will also play Battle Construction Vehicles. The very existence of this game is hilarious.

Noaloha

I think it'd be fun if they did a thing where they invited some pro-level fighting game player into the office and played that guest's game of choice in a big long winner-stays-on session. You'd get the double thrill of potential underdog victories coupled with watching someone who really knows their shit show off crazy stuff.

Aaron

Yeah, now that youtube has finally figured this streaming thing out, they're much better overall. I won't miss twitch.

Zaph

Yeah really looks like they officially dumped Twitch.

At somepoint during the podcast Dan said something about Twitch and Jeff corrected him saying "I think you mean Youtube streaming".

Weird move to suddenly ditch them like that.

Youtube Gaming are actively perusing deals in the run up to launch. CBSi signed one.

Great that Twitch finally has some competition in the profit-sharing gaming space.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
tbh I've always found Twitch streaming to be kind of shit, and I appreciate that Youtube archives on the fly so that if I miss something, I can just slide back and catch what I missed. I don't think you can do that on Twitch.

Correct. Youtube's implementation of "DVR" or whatever people call that feature is IMMENSELY better. Twitch has a godawful interface and a horrible flash-based player. Youtube's is so much better from a viewer standpoint. The only missing thing is chat (which honestly I can live without 90% of the time), which I think youtube's gaming thing is working on? I think I saw a screenshot of live chat there somewhere.

Anyhow, I will not miss twitch. Give me the googles.

Twitches big advantage over Youtube is momentum. They've established a community and set of sub communities. Giant Bomb has never engaged in any of that, so the switch to Youtube makes a lot of sense.

YouTube is much better, for my browsing habits.

I really never got on board with Twitch. I think the community will fall off pretty hard when YouTube gaming gets up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom