• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ronin is fucking rad.
That's all I have to say.

Actually, that was a lie: Vinny's criticism is spot on, I wish they would fix that jump arc thing

danm999

Geez, given Jeff's love of Mr. Show, the next Bombcast could easily have another weekly segment with Jeff tearing into Bungie for throwing away all David Cross and Brian Posehn's material for Destiny.

I really want Drew to make that Unfinished for Star Citizen soon. I think a lot of people will be surprised at how sharp Arena Commander is in its current state.

Seriously. I think a lot of people still think Star Citizen is just a hangar you can walk around in.

Exactly! With a bit more polishing and a couple more game modes, Arena Commander could be a $40 standalone game.

I don't know if Star Citizen will be all it is aiming for, but the space combat is already on-fucking-point.

I really want Drew to make that Unfinished for Star Citizen soon. I think a lot of people will be surprised at how sharp Arena Commander is in its current state.

I hope he spends a little time before hand getting familiar with it though, but I've been looking forward to some Drew Star Citizen content for ages.

It is pretty explicit. She is called Mergo's wet nurse. You even hear the baby crying when you kill her. That and the fact that you are collecting umbilical cords at that point in the game.

If that was the "end boss" I assume Dan went for the easiest ending? Shame as the last but one boss in the other two endings is a good fight - the last boss not so much.

Although I wonder how many ppl failed to realise there were other endings as getting to them without a guide seems tough.

Edit : yeah, I bet Dan had never heard that term before. It is a bit out dated these days. Imagine if your job was as a tit for hire so that rich ladies didn't get saggy boobs. I mean I guess orphans needed then too, before formula was invented.

i vaguely remember briefly watching Dan's stream and seeing him fight that next boss

I hope he spends a little time before hand getting familiar with it though, but I've been looking forward to some Drew Star Citizen content for ages.

Definitely. Sometimes he's well-prepared like when he made 7 pages of notes for that one flight sim (I forget which), but then in the Elite Dangerous QL I don't think he quite had a handle on the systems yet.

Hey, I haven't seen this posted in this thread before, and I hope it's not frowned upon to post something like this on GAF:

Anna, Ryan's widow, is crowdfunding a t-shirt, and using the proceeds to finance the honeymoon trip they never went on.

front
On July 3rd, 2013 my husband and partner of ten years, Ryan Davis, died suddenly, just four days after our wedding. It’s been an incredibly hard two years since, during which I’ve really struggled, trying to build a whole new life. In an attempt to get a new outlook, close the chapter of my life that “should" have been, and finally make a fresh start, I’ve decided to take the cross-country train trip we’d planned as our honeymoon. I want to bring a close friend along for support because I know there will be times when it will be overwhelming to be on this adventure without my other half. I’ve created this T-shirt sale to help defray the cost of bringing her along. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope that, if it speaks to you, you’ll consider buying a shirt and help me get my life back on track (pardon the pun).

Shortly after Ryan’s death, his friends from Giant Bomb (a game review site he’d helped found) VERY generously started the sale of a T-shirt intended as a benefit for me. For reasons beyond any of our control that benefit had to be canceled and refunds issued to those who’d participated. Now, as I raise a glass to another tragic anniversary I’ve decided to sell my own shirt.

Shirts are $20, here's the link for more information and to donate.

I'll definitely buy one, what a cool thing for her. I wish the design was something I might actually wear, though.

Yeah, I like the idea of vintage Disneyland stuff because I fucking love that design aesthetic, but this isn't really enough in that direction for me to wear it. Definitely buying one to support her tho.

Damn I shouldn't have checked out Mrs. Ryan Davis' twitter :(. Now I'm sad.

Yep. I can't begin to imagine :(

i'm listening to the memorial podcast now and getting real sad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sure but that doesn't mean that auction sniping doesn't suck for the casual user.

You either want it hard enough or you don't.

Most of the time I just set my theoretical maximum and let the auto-increment system increment the next highest bidder until it gets over my maximum.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People criticize Destiny but never say it's a bad game that it just has no content.

How is a game not bad if it has nothing to do? Because it controls well? That's all it takes for a game not to be told it's outright bad?

Antiwhippy

People criticize Destiny but never say it's a bad game that it just has no content.

How is a game not bad if it has nothing to do? Because it controls well? That's all it takes for a game not to be told it's outright bad?

Same reason why people like DMC4.

hey man i built this fucking sweet ferrari and it looks totally dope but i put a dirtbike motor in it

but look how cool it looks

Antiwhippy

hey man i built this fucking sweet ferrari and it looks totally dope but i put a dirtbike motor in it

but look how cool it looks

Actually it would be more like putting a sweet ass ferrari on a 50m straightway surrounded by concrete walls. :p

But if you paid us some money to smash down one of the walls...

DMC4 is an action game with unparalleled depth. Destiny is a shooter that "feels good" in the vaguest sense as no one can ever seem to explain otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom