• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Popularity. Also I'd argue that The Bombcast has been been better than The Beastcast, but I'm probably a minority in this thread.

Nah, I'm with you. Beastcast is fine and it is great to hear Vinny in podcast form again but I still much prefer the Bombcast.

c) ZERO ESCAPE THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Je2XJlg.jpg

Nah, that's destined for Community. Better to do separate Bombcast threads and Beastcast in this thread.
The 8-4 Play threads only get like 3 pages and frankly have you seen the dumb threads people post in gaming?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
This beastcast is already great. All other podcasts are just clip-on ties

According to the trophy it was at 6:52 am that it was obtained? Unless thats the time the ps3 was synced up or the time is wrong on it...

Huh, that's a bit early, but it could be the sync time as you said. Regardless, I'm just going to set myself up for inevitable disappointment by expecting it to appear on the schedule for tomorrow. Join me!

Zaph

I can't look at Swery anymore without thinking of his veronica mars masturbation game
and how much I want to play it.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Beastcast should at least get one thread for all episodes. I mean Idle Thumbs has one and this is Giant Bomb we're talking about here so clearly they need one too.

popo

did they bump up the image quality for the 'medium' options? i feel like these recent downloads (rof and upf) are bigger than usual

Yup. From 800 kbs to 1800 - so quite the leap. "low" is now 600k.

If you want something similar in size to the old medium then you can replace number at the end of the filename with "1000" to get a 1000k version.

---------------------

Also.

The guy standing next to Adam Savage (of Adam and Jamie's Tested). The one dressed as a Soda Jerk? Pretty sure he is wearing a clip on bow tie. Just saying.

2763429-3135533050-77210.jpg

repeater

Watching the archive of Dan's Bloodborne end game stream

(End game boss name spoiler)
"There's a boss called THE WET NURSE?!?!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the Bombcast a lot more than the Beastcast as well. Beastcast just sounds like every other video game podcast to me.

Kelas

Watching the archive of Dan's Bloodborne end game stream

(End game boss name spoiler)
"There's a boss called THE WET NURSE?!?!"

Are you unfamiliar with the term? I haven't played/watched it, but based on the name I would assume that boss
has a connection to a younger character in the lore

Yup. From 800 kbs to 1800 - so quite the leap. "low" is now 600k.

If you want something similar in size to the old medium then you can replace number at the end of the filename with "1000" to get a 1000k version.

---------------------

Also.

The guy standing next to Adam Savage (of Adam and Jamie's Tested). The one dressed as a Soda Jerk? Pretty sure he is wearing a clip on bow tie. Just saying.

2763429-3135533050-77210.jpg

Oh jeez I didn't notice that was a clip on. Makes it even worse!

Norm looks suave af tho

Kelas

There's no beef

Both podcasts have their merits and can coexist despite one being not quite as good as the other

Oh jeez I didn't notice that was a clip on. Makes it even worse!

Norm looks suave af tho

norm is like the beastcast to will's bombcast

popo

Are you unfamiliar with the term? I haven't played/watched it, but based on the name I would assume that boss
has a connection to a younger character in the lore

It is pretty explicit. She is called Mergo's wet nurse. You even hear the baby crying when you kill her. That and the fact that you are collecting umbilical cords at that point in the game.

If that was the "end boss" I assume Dan went for the easiest ending? Shame as the last but one boss in the other two endings is a good fight - the last boss not so much.

Although I wonder how many ppl failed to realise there were other endings as getting to them without a guide seems tough.

Edit : yeah, I bet Dan had never heard that term before. It is a bit out dated these days. Imagine if your job was as a tit for hire so that rich ladies didn't get saggy boobs. I mean I guess orphans needed then too, before formula was invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom