• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OWA7vG8.png

[Gameplay Tip]
Bosses can only be defeated when you have full health or 1% health.

Amazing.
This is so stupid. This is so great. This is so stupid.
This also reminds me to watch the last episode of MGS 3
Yeah same here. I haven't watched the bonus episode yet.
My only criticism: Dan should have been holding up a Sorrow-esque sign with the date of the first episode.
WALUIGI

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
oh man

is mgs4 on sale on psn because I might want to play it first

edit there is! it's 8€

I would love to know the stats on that video. How many people started it, how many people actually finish the full 17 minutes.

I couldn't stop watching. It was mesmerizing.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Metal Gear Scanlon 4 has completely validated the cost of a subscription, and the game itself hasn't even started yet. Amazing.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This is double great since I never played MGS4 :) Woo, can't wait.

danm999

Fuck, between this and robots on UPF and Vinny's ghost slaves and Austin's Bakalar rap East and West are just fucking killing it.

Zaph

So, is it fair to guess Dan's taco bell walks/oven cooking periscopes were tests to see the limits of what GB fans would watch for 20mins? MGS Loading is the result?

Jokab

Do I absolutely need to watch MGS 3 to understand MGS 4? I found the story and gameplay quite plain a few episodes in and couldn't keep my interest up.

Saty

Great, that means Demo Derby vids are going to be even rarer. I wish GB would put a survey up asking with premium content we would like more frequently.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Great, that means Demo Derby vids are going to be even rarer. I wish GB would put a survey up asking with premium content we would like more frequently.
They can probably tell from the numbers of views/time watched.

They can easily look at their view numbers. Regardless, I don't want Giant Bomb features to be purely dictated by the most popular videos. The ethos of Giant Bomb was always them doing what they want to do.

Do I absolutely need to watch MGS 3 to understand MGS 4? I found the story and gameplay quite plain a few episodes in and couldn't keep my interest up.
i mean if you want to even attempt to follow the story then absolutely

if you just want to watch drew run around in a bad fever dream asking wtf is happening then no I guess you don't

mgs3 is the best metal gear, even in story though

No. The main thing you'd miss out on would be any MGScanlon in-jokes coined in Snake Eater.
Everyone would just vote for more MGScanlon anyway!

And technically, it's a Demo Derby sister-series anyway.

Oh I really hope they do Rising. Even if it's Dan playing this time.

Scizzy

I'd suggest doing what I do: skip the sections where Drew is running around aimlessly and just watch cut scenes and boss fights (skipping the repetitive middle parts) to get their reactions. And you should finish watching - I didn't like the game when I played it years ago and rewatching it didn't help, but the ending is truly fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom