• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you think Destiny's shooting has some magic "feel" to it the actual mechanics are very simple so I don't think Devil May Cry is a good example. High level Destiny play doesn't look much different than someone who just picked up the game.

V6MU1jU.png

popo

Sounds like there was some fuckery in the comments for the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition thread (on GB). All comments deleted and topic locked. I miss all the fun.

Megasoum

Banned
Sounds like there was some fuckery in the comments for the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition thread (on GB). All comments deleted and topic locked. I miss all the fun.

Jeff's tweet made it sound like it was the official blog post on the Mojang site. The news on GB still has comments.

i was curious for half a second, before realizing it's probably some 12 year olds that are mad because their parents won't upgrade the family computer to windows 10

daydream

Banned
the minecraft story trailer looks awful, in any case

the fanbase will probably suck it up, though

also, how about dat double inafune ks, lol

I kind of feel like Minecraft hit its peak 2 years ago and has been slowly going away ever since.

Microsoft finally sinking its ecosystem into it is totally expected.

I think History will probably show Notch sold out at the right time. The game was already starting to show signs of stagnation then but now I dunno. I think a big crazy Minecraft: DX12 with Xbox Live Online and Windows Store DLC would fun to see. Its inevitable.

Oh and Story Mode looks duuuumb. But it was already going to be dumb. The entire concept is dumb. I totally want to see how people react to that thing.

popo

Jeff's tweet made it sound like it was the official blog post on the Mojang site. The news on GB still has comments.

ah, makes sense. I saw the tweet and at that time the news post on GB had zero comments, I guess it had just been posted. Jumped to the wrong conclusions.

Zaph

Really want to know what MS's internal roadmap is like for Minecraft. Did they really spend all that money because it demos well in Hololens? Are they making a Mincraft 2? What would that even look like considering the very nature of the game limits graphical and gameplay complications.

It sells biggest on mobile platforms, which MS massively lags behind on, but the game itself can't sell hardware and any type of exclusivity shenanigans will split the community.

I would imagine that the biggest thing with Windows 10 Minecraft is that it sets the stage for them to drop development of the current Java Minecraft. If I were Microsoft I'd be looking at all these disparate versions of Minecraft on PC, console, and mobile and trying to unify it all to fit with their "every device just runs the same Windows" dream.

I'm really interested to see what happens to Minecraft in the next few years as the kids that made it gigantic grow "older" (i.e. enter high school).

I would imagine that the biggest thing with Windows 10 Minecraft is that it sets the stage for them to drop development of the current Java Minecraft. If I were Microsoft I'd be looking at all these disparate versions of Minecraft on PC, console, and mobile and trying to unify it all to fit with their "every device just runs the same Windows" dream.

I'm really interested to see what happens to Minecraft in the next few years as the kids that made it gigantic grow "older" (i.e. enter high school).

it's already happening though, that thing was a juggernaut 5 years ago

why do you think there are so many survival/crafting game out there

daydream

Banned
lol at what a reasonable total non-issue that is you mean?

i got no stake in it either way but the way the anime ks is handled seems bonkers to me and announcing another game in the spirit of mega man while the first product isn't even out, yet, also leaves an icky taste in my mouth. oh, and the fact that it's pc only with no platform goals to speak of (as of yet) seems kinda weird for that type of game.

speaking of better handled anime ks, i heard that backers got their copy of witch academia 2, can't wait to watch that once it gets a public release

Volotaire

A few podcasts ago the bombcast were talking about how Splatoon players were saying the last boss fight is incredible. It definitely is. It's as if Nintendo put all their effort (metaphorically) into that boss fight. Very fun and a visual treat.

I hope in Splatoon 2 they can implement a strong singleplayer component.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Bomb #15 | [Warning] Everything that happens in this thread is going to be confusing as shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom