• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate their commitment to the bit. I half expected them to end the joke a few minutes into the video and just cut to the typical Dan and Drew commentary about MGS, but it's so much better that they went all the way.

Luke_Wal

Knowing that Jeff is into QuizUp kinda makes me want to get back into it as a lapsed player. Would posting our QuizUp usernames and competing in video game-based categories be something you guys might be into?

This loading screen is the stupidest thing I think they've ever done and it is amazing.

c3a2b4b7b4f4a9e4a6191c73cb36cd39.png

justjim89

Props to Drew for keeping his game face that whole time.

I would absolutely love if Jeff sat in for MGS4 as well, since he's so big on the game.

Anth0ny

oh my god yes

I'm on the last episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 2 right now. That ending to MGS2 gets me every time. Gonna blast through 3 in time for the start of 4.

Haha.

Now the big question is. Do they do 1 big install (which was added with the Trophy Patch) or keep it true to the real MGS4 experience and have 4 installs throughout the game?

Haha.

Now the big question is. Do they do 1 big install (which was added with the Trophy Patch) or keep it true to the real MGS4 experience and have 4 installs throughout the game?
A staple of the series is getting Jason some trophies through no work of his own so I hope they do the former. :)

A staple of the series is getting Jason some trophies through no work of his own so I hope they do the former. :)

They can do both. The patch that added triophies and the install makes the large install a option!

You can still do 4 installs in between the chapters. I dont think the large install is that much bigger then the regular install as well. 3-5 gigs larger. Max.

Scizzy

My dream Giant Bomb Metal Gear timeline:

1. Metal Gear Scanlon 4
2. Dan sits Drew down and summarizes Peace Walker for an hour
3. One episode Ground Zeroes playthrough
4. Brad/Jeff/Dan/Drew pre-Phantom Pain MGS chat

My dream Giant Bomb Metal Gear timeline:

1. Metal Gear Scanlon 4
2. Dan sits Drew down and summarizes Peace Walker for an hour
3. One episode Ground Zeroes playthrough
4. Brad/Jeff/Dan/Drew pre-Phantom Pain MGS chat

I'd replace number 2 with Dan & Drew playing through Peace Walker in coop.

I still gotta finish Metal Gear Scanlon 3. Got kind of in a rut The Fury part.

I remember after having been a PC-only player for a long time, I had bought a PS3 and picked up MGS4 along with it. Put like 5 hours into it then dropped it. Going from M/KB to dual analog was too much for me, plus I remember the game having really bad ghosting that made it painful to play.

Meneses

That UPF ending was one of the top moments ever on the site.

MGS was pretty great too, I kept expecting Dan to hold up a sign on the background with the first episode's date, Sorrow-style.

Someone on Jeff's tumblr had a good / dumb idea.

They should totally have a Top Gear style leader board they can rank the fighting games on.

Jeff's reason for not doing it was they will eventually run out of space on the board but lefts face it the real reason is that feature wont last longer then 4 episodes.

They should totally have a Top Gear style leader board they can rank the fighting games on.

Jeff's reason for not doing it was they will eventually run out of space on the board but lefts face it the real reason is that feature wont last longer then 4 episodes.

that's optimistic, let's be honest here

Zaph

I think you misread. They did have a (small) Top Gear style ranking whiteboard at the end. The tumblr question was they should move it to a pillar/wall. Jeff agreed saying they'll run out of space on the current board.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
mgs4 is a big download

about how long does it take to complete a full install?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bestcast confession time: I saw Jimmie's Chicken Shack live once in college. Their name is appropriately awful, but it was free and basically a joke escalated so we ended up at the show.

The DMC 4 and Destiny comparison is actually spot on. Good core gameplay and bad everything else.
Destiny's core gameplay isn't much better than any other first person shooter though whereas Devil May Cry 4's combat is to this day still considered the best in the genre. You will never run out of things to improve on and new tricks to master whereas there's no real complexity to Destiny. If you like bad metaphors Devil May Cry 4 is like playing the guitar and Destiny is like ringing a cow bell.

Frenden

Banned
Destiny's core gameplay isn't much better than any other first person shooter though whereas Devil May Cry 4's combat is to this day still considered the best in the genre. You will never run out of things to improve on and new tricks to master whereas there's no real complexity to Destiny. If you like bad metaphors Devil May Cry 4 is like playing the guitar and Destiny is like ringing a cow bell.

Highly disagree. Destiny's shooting feels better to me than any FPS I've played save the original Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom