• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
You seem to be a pro daydream, is the mobile version of this game any good?

well it's free so just try it out

it's definitely bulkier than p&d z on 3ds since it benefits from regular updates but it's nothing essential, really

your enjoyment will also hinge on how you deal with f2p elements of which the 3ds game (both p&d z and mario bros edition) has none

i dunno, i also enjoy the polish of a dedicated handheld experience, it feels easier to commit to a game (also, i really disliked the f2p model)

not to mention the exclusive nature of mario bros. edition! (which has a way steeper difficulty curve than the other half btw)

Oh wow, the F2P Pushmo isn't even really F2P. You finish the tutorial, and then a robot comes out and gives you the Street Pass games sales pitch for the rest of the game in the form of level packs.

Did you know that purchasing these packs separately would cost you $13.93, but an bundled purchase will only cost $9.99? What an incredible deal! And only by owning all four packs can you access the Stretchmo™ Studio, where you can create and share your own Stretchmo™ creations! You'd have to be "stretched" in the brain to not take advantage of this amazing opportunity!!

LiK

Oh wow, the F2P Pushmo isn't even really F2P. You finish the tutorial, and then a robot comes out and gives you the Street Pass games sales pitch for the rest of the game in the form of level packs.

Did you know that purchasing these packs separately would cost you $13.93, but an bundled purchase will only cost $9.99? What an incredible deal! And only by owning all four packs can you access the Stretchmo™ Studio, where you can create and share your own Stretchmo™ creations! You'd have to be "stretched" in the brain to not take advantage of this amazing opportunity!!

where's the rabbit?

also the most insidious thing about mobile PaD is once you're a few hours in and you're researching strategy and you realize that you need to wipe your save and reroll for a few hours so you're not saddled with a scrub team forever

just buy the 3ds one

so it's a demo then.

they used to make those, some folks even had derbies of them once upon a time

well it's free so just try it out

it's definitely bulkier than p&d z on 3ds since it benefits from regular updates but it's nothing essential, really

your enjoyment will also hinge on how you deal with f2p elements of which the 3ds game (both p&d z and mario bros edition) has none

i dunno, i also enjoy the polish of a dedicated handheld experience, it feels easier to commit to a game (also, i really disliked the f2p model)

not to mention the exclusive nature of mario bros. edition! (which has a way steeper difficulty curve than the other half btw)

i am against daydream

So...........................don't download.

Ok!

...So from the MGSV preview thread, it seems like it's going to be a meaty experience. I wonder how Drew will tackle it when he comes around to playing it..

def sim

ooh they're hitting us with all this content damn giant bomb

putaringonitdvlngciosc.gif

tbh all games should be sold this way

TraBuch

Banned
I've been playing New Vegas on the PS3 and I can't fucking believe this game was allowed to be released in this state. It plays fine for about 30-45 minutes (If a constant juddery 20 FPS can be defined as "fine") then suddenly drops to 1 FPS until I have to restart the game.

I've been playing New Vegas on the PS3 and I can't fucking believe this game was allowed to be released in this state. It plays fine for about 30-45 minutes (If a constant juddery 20 FPS can be defined as "fine") then suddenly drops to 1 FPS until I have to restart the game.
You should try Giant Bomb Game of the Year for 2011, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

Fallout 3 was just as terribad, too. Hell, it launched with a bug where if you received a friend-is-now-online notification, the game would freeze until the notification disappeared. And the issues that people ripped Skyrim on the PS3 for date all the way back to Fallout 3: The bigger your save file got, the worse the performance.

It got to the point by the end of the game that i couldn't go to certain locations in the game because it would hard lock my PS3 every single time. I tried playing the last DLC i had left and just said fuck it, this shit is unplayable.

If people didn't bitch about Skyrim they probably would've left that a broken mess, too. Never buy a bethesda game on a console, they dont fucking know what theyre doing and they dont care if it's a piece of shit or not.

If people didn't bitch about Skyrim they probably would've left that a broken mess, too. Never buy a bethesda game on a console, they dont fucking know what theyre doing and they dont care if it's a piece of shit or not.

and the only reason it's semi-acceptable on pc is because fans will have a hotfix out within a few hours

gonna be pretty great when they start selling those on the mod marketplace

TraBuch

Banned
Fallout 3 was just as terribad, too. Hell, it launched with a bug where if you received a friend-is-now-online notification, the game would freeze until the notification disappeared. And the issues that people ripped Skyrim on the PS3 for date all the way back to Fallout 3: The bigger your save file got, the worse the performance.

It got to the point by the end of the game that i couldn't go to certain locations in the game because it would hard lock my PS3 every single time. I tried playing the last DLC i had left and just said fuck it, this shit is unplayable.

I actually didn't have nearly as bad an experience with Fallout 3. Yes, shitty framerate and the occasional crash, but I don't think it ever got as bad for me as New Vegas consistently has. Then again, maybe it did and it's just been so long that I've forgotten.

I actually didn't have nearly as bad an experience with Fallout 3. Yes, shitty framerate and the occasional crash, but I don't think it ever got as bad for me as New Vegas consistently has. Then again, maybe it did and it's just been so long that I've forgotten.

well, it gets worse the more you play and i played 2 of the DLCs during my campaign run so that probably made things worse than if i just played vanilla FO3.

But still, what the fuck

Anjin M

The new hire should be George Weidman, so V-Bomb and The Wolf can protect him from Konami.

Seriously, though, I don't think there's a better games journalist working today than him, when it comes to pure journalism.

I'm not too familiar with George Weidman outside of his recent appearance in the news. If I was going to wish for a big name for the site, I'd want Simon Parkin to come on.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
witcher 3 now preordered so I won't be tuning into the playdate, but I'm glad they're starting to get content out on the regular

bonkers indie post?

looking at his post history, he shat on indie games coming to consoles.

I mean, i kinda get what he's saying: if indie games are your thing then consoles aren't the best means of consuming them. But brah you can't go ripping the console indie scene like that, some folks aint got options.

LiK

looking at his post history, he shat on indie games coming to consoles.

I mean, i kinda get what he's saying: if indie games are your thing then consoles aren't the best means of consuming them. But brah you can't go ripping the console indie scene like that, some folks aint got options.

oh, geez, no wonder.

daydream

Banned
Ok, got around to watching the P&D QL. It's a great one, love to hear Dan & Jeff so excited.

Just one clarification since someone asked about this in the OT: The Mario half is not a tutorial for P&D Z. The two games are self-contained (they were sold separately in Japan!) and fully featured. Mario Bros. Edition is even more challenging than P&D Z due to the difficulty curve being much steeper!

They announced Monster Strike for 3DS a few days ago, as well. I fully support these 3DS ports of mobile games that have some neat mechanics but are bogged down by F2P elements. Hoping it comes over.

Xater

Ok, got around to watching the P&D QL. It's a great one, love to hear Dan & Jeff so excited.

Just one clarification since someone asked about this in the OT: The Mario half is not a tutorial for P&D Z. The two games are self-contained (they were sold separately in Japan!) and fully featured. Mario Bros. Edition is even more challenging than P&D Z due to the difficulty curve being much steeper!

They announced Monster Strike for 3DS a few days ago, as well. I fully support these 3DS ports of mobile games that have some neat mechanics but are bogged down by F2P elements. Hoping it comes over.

Oh man Monster Strike is fun but the F2P stuff in it is just ugh. It would be quite cool if that game comes over as well.

Teddified

Hmmm, I dunno if I want to watch the Witcher 3 playdate seeing as how I haven't even started 2 yet. I think I may have to wait till the archive and see if anything really important is spoiled. Though I'm sure they'll take that into account since this is before release, but I just wanna be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom